IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

What absolutely amazes me is that there are still Gasheads who refuse to believe it could the fault of anyone to do with the club. ?

Agents

EFL Conspiracy 

‘Shitheads’ high up in the club

McAnthony

’Big’ JCB

I mean FFS, have they been living in a cave for the last 10 years?
Rovers are exactly known for being professional are they? ?

**** up followed by **** up followed by **** up.

The gift.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What absolutely amazes me is that there are still Gasheads who refuse to believe it could the fault of anyone to do with the club. ?

Agents

EFL Conspiracy 

‘Shitheads’ high up in the club

McAnthony

’Big’ JCB

I mean FFS, have they been living in a cave for the last 10 years?
Rovers are exactly known for being professional are they? ?

**** up followed by **** up followed by **** up.

The gift.

But that’s why things like this keep happening to them. Unless you start fronting up to your failings, learn from them and try to improve you’ll keep going around in circles.

Not all, but too many gas heads think their club is perfect (swallowing all the tripe they are fed) and that things like this happen because everyone is out to get them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

But that’s why things like this keep happening to them. Unless you start fronting up to your failings, learn from them and try to improve you’ll keep going around in circles.

Not all, but too many gas heads think their club is perfect (swallowing all the tripe they are fed) and that things like this happen because everyone is out to get them. 

You’re spot on. They should be furious with the club for continuing to make them a laughing stock, not just to us but other clubs in the area and their division.

Its like some weird cult where anyone who dares to say “this isn’t good enough” is told to go to trashton.

They’ve got the Circus they deserve.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Judging by that interview with Darren Ferguson, they had more than enough time to sort the deal - sounds like a bit of a game has been played by Wally!

Making it look to the Gas ‘Eds that they were prepared to invest nigh on a million quid (and a big, three year contract for JCB), only for it to not then happen.

What an unprofessional outfit they’ve proven to be yet again

And too look like that new middle eastern invester actually is investing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Darren Ferguson's comments for those who haven't or can't be arsed to, listen to the interview:

“It was a very hectic last day but up until 10 to 11, it was quite smooth. Jonno travelled with the team in the morning, we had the team meeting about Portsmouth and he would have been in the team, he played very well last week.

“At about five o’clock the chairman told me there might be a chance that he’ll get permission to talk to Bristol and at quarter to six, I went down to see him and we agreed it was the right time for him to move on. He was getting a three-year deal at 29, which is very good, and a large part of his family is down there.

“He got in the car, Liz (Elsom, Head of Football Operations) sent over the agreement at 8:30, which they agreed with and told us so at nine o’clock. At ten to 11, we were told he was still not registered. You can put a request in to get another 15 minutes and they didn’t do that until 20 past 11. Unbelievable, we were just like ‘what?’

“They just failed to get him registerd, nothing else can be done. That’s the danger if you leave it until the last minute to try and sign someone rather than doing it three or four days previous. That’s the risk they run and they’ve made a mistake. We did everything we could.”

Smells of trying to raise funds but weren't able too, or trying to make space on the wage bill

• Like 2

They’re going mental over the price of tickets and food and drink too. 

Not one of them has put 2+2 together that they don’t have much money, ridiculously demolishing the old stand and reducing the capacity by a decent % means that they have to try and get their revenue back somehow. That’s by increasing the costs of everything else. 

53 mins ago. ?

Wait a minute, what about international (or regional) time zones?

The clock on the church on Corn Street with the steeplejacks has an extra hand as Bristol is 3 or 4 minutes behind GMT.

Therefore, we were actually within time!

I'm sure that is a scientific fact, so unless the FA rules stipulated GMT, we have them over a barrel.

Everyone knows deals in Bristol have to be done on the Corn St nails so it should use the time at that location!
?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, paignton red said:

53 mins ago. ?

The clock on the church on Corn Street with the steeplejacks has an extra hand as Bristol is 3 or 4 minutes behind GMT.

I'm sure that is a scientific fact, so unless the FA rules stipulated GMT, we have them over a barrel.

Everyone knows deals in Bristol have to be done on the Corn St nails so it should use the time at that location!
?

I think you’ll find that it was actually 57 minutes ago … in Corn Street, obviously. Everyone knows that ffs. :noexp:

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I think you’ll find that it was actually 57 minutes ago … in Corn Street, obviously. Everyone knows that ffs. :noexp:

Shit, easy mistake rudolph, for some reason yesterday i couldn't get the match on robins t.v. so i had  to go to Belgium and forgot to come back, so that's where i got confused. :laugh:.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Is it a condition of Slagchat that every poster has to have ‘gas’ somewhere in their username? It smacks of North Korea. 

Yes.

As an aside you also see a few (& how appropriate) car registrations around with yew tee gee (for some reason this keeps defaulting to FTG) all a bit pathetic, isn’t it?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes.

As an aside you also see a few (& how appropriate) car registrations around with yew tee gee (for some reason this keeps defaulting to FTG) all a bit pathetic, isn’t it?

At least you can spot the Tinpot supporter, point and laugh your bollocks off as they drive past on their drive of shame.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weepywall said:

This JCH fiasco is either a massive f... up on the administration side or it was never going to happen...not sure on which senario but one thing I am sure about is thank god my dad took me to AG Instead of Eastville 50 odd years back ?

I think the key point was they lost Loft the same night. If it was all smoke and mirrors they would have kept Loft?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weepywall said:

This JCH fiasco is either a massive f... up on the administration side or it was never going to happen...not sure on which senario but one thing I am sure about is thank god my dad took me to AG Instead of Eastville 50 odd years back ?

They have a history of being cheap and shady. It's in their DNA.

Esmond Millions Bung (what happened to that poster?), dodgy deals to steal the Mem, trying to steal The Gate, Woman Beaters R Us, only Bristol club to be named on Crimewatch, Trumpton, Tents dotted around the ground, plastic chairs all over the gaff (no bollox, TWO of their subs had to brought out chairs to sit on yesterday), wanting people to do DIY for nothing, expecting developers to build them stadiums for nothing, still failing to lay out more than a Tilson - fill in the many tens of examples I've missed yourselves.........

Then you have the bullshit factor, #Gaslogic, Gas Mathematics etc. etc. - I kid you not one of the mutants wrote on Twitter "the whole of the EFL will be talking about the Gas now we've landed THE BEST STRIKER OUTSIDE THE PREM" - that is a 100% genuine comment about a 29 year old lower league striker (a good one, granted) who has never cut the mustard enough for anyone to splash cash on him at Championship level.

Imagine if your old man had seen the above as being a badge of honour.................

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I think the key point was they lost Loft the same night. If it was all smoke and mirrors they would have kept Loft?

TBF they pulled down the old "stand" without having everything in place for the new one, so it's not without precedent .

But yeah, probably just totally incompetent . 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, paignton red said:

53 mins ago. ?

?

You’ve got something there. Did anyone tell the new Rovers owner that we’re on Summer Time in the UK? It’s probably one of those gert Teds who confused him or, possibly, Wael’s cheap imitation Rolex watch was showing the wrong time 

• Like 1

the dopey twots assumed the agreed fee was his wages for 3 years.  the same as they assumed the new stand would be ok without planning.    the first person they needed to sign should have been someone that can read more than peter and jane books, pat the dog was more clued up than anyone over there

1 hour ago, Highburnred said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-66656875

They’re aiming for premier league media output now on all accounts ??

So a twenty year old kid used his extensive knowledge  of Film to link Woods to TOY Story's Woody during a car journey?  Stunning insight ?.............Maybe he should check out Marty Mcfly in "Back to the Future" to get back and find the lost 30 seconds it took to screw up the JCH transfer?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2