IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

47 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not wishing to be overly critical of HGT, but all that says is that the person posting it doesn't want to be overly bothered by people calling out the behaviour of Joey and that they've got a lot of other things going on.

Which is fair enough - you can't expect one person to be the answer to everything.

But.... You would expect them to add to their message that 'we're deeply concerned with the statement Barton put out and have contacted the club for further comment and/or asked the club to clarify their view on things, even if they don't reflect the views of Joey'.

Just reads a bit like, 'we started a group, it's expanded and is going well, but having started it and engaged with a number of other clubs, you can't expect us to actually follow up on things'.

Hopefully they'll get some sort of answers and they'll be able to celebrate that they've spoken to the club who in turn have spoken to the manager and everything calms down again. 

There is an opportunity for HGT to earn some easy capital from this, but it doesn't look as if they're able to take advantage of it. 

But, as I say, I wish the organisation success, it probably doesn't help that they're supporters of a club with a less than perfect record in this area (which, for balance, neither are we after employing Simpson). 

Nothing but respect for what HGT are doing, but if you're prepared to take the fanfare when you're winning campaign awards ceremonies, you can expect a bit of criticism when the club you support take a giant shit over the values that you're (quite rightly) trying to advocate for and the same campaign says nothing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Quite an indictment to omit Rovers from their partnerships, where it all began.

https://www.hergametoo.co.uk/pro-partnerships

There is a clue in the URL:- https://www.hergametoo.co.uk/pro-partnerships

I would keep an eye out for:- https://www.hergametoo.co.uk/wifebeating-partnerships

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I bet he doesn't have the first idea what KAIZEN is....

'Kaizen is a concept of continuous improvement that involves all employees and processes. It is applied to various industries, such as manufacturing, healthcare, and government, and aims to eliminate waste and redundancies.'

eliminate redundancies!

33 minutes ago, Dr_Castro said:

'Kaizen is a concept of continuous improvement that involves all employees and processes. It is applied to various industries, such as manufacturing, healthcare, and government, and aims to eliminate waste and redundancies.'

eliminate redundancies!

I worked in an organisation that had a chairman who was a devotee of Kaizen, I always felt it was just a posh way of saying "if you do what you always do, you'll get what you have always got". The idea was to break things, no matter how well they seemed to work, and then remake them and see if there were things that could be improved along the way. I quite liked it and there were some good ideas that came out of its application.

The best example given to us I remember was the Mazda MX-5. They looked at the whole car and worked out there were 50,000 parts, they then looked at how they could make each part lighter by an average of a gram, and came out with a car that was 50KG lighter.

Dave Brailsford adapted it to cycling, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the modern coaches use aspects of it in all sports.

• Like 3

Ha.

Remember attending many management courses in the day. Prince 2 was a stand out as being a 365 page manual that a nuclear scientist would have difficulty understanding, which, basically could have been the size of a ladybird book describing about 5 key management ‘tools’. 

Not sure whether it was that training or something else but a stand-out for me was the idea that everyone had to turn their toilet rolls around - which I assume is a KAIZEN-type idea. Apparently, this was a mechanism for you to think ‘outside of the box’. Told the trainer that it had taken mankind thousands of years to appreciate that paper facing outwards was the most efficient way of pulling toilet paper and he was talking out of his arse.

Oddly, fresh of being bored stiff with Prince 2 for a week’s training I escaped to Guernsey for a break only to find waiting for the St Peter Port ferry I was talking to the bloke who authored the Prince manual. This was after I had told him how **** the training was!   

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m wondering why a bunch of our players and staff are following him. It can only be so they can rock up at the HPC and say `Have you seen what the knob posted last night?` and roll around laughing.

It's because they obviously all want to "wear da faamuss quarrterrz innit"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m wondering why a bunch of our players and staff are following him. It can only be so they can rock up at the HPC and say `Have you seen what the knob posted last night?` and roll around laughing.

Prudent retirement planning - half of them will end up there when they’re 37.

• Haha 4