IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Another Rovers fan in a "horse related incident"! What is it with them and our equine friends?!

Bristol Rovers fan not guilty of spitting at police horse

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/23869146.bristol-rovers-fan-not-guilty-spitting-police-horse/

Apparently, the horse couldn’t pick him out at the identity parade as all 8 suspects looked the same.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tin said:

Sign of a good team, that, playing badly and winning. Especially when you consider we had multiple (nine?) first-teamers out today and SL refused to spend a single penny of the Scott cash. 

Apparently rovers had 9 injured today aswell so why didn’t we lose 4-1 😂😂😂 waiting for joey to spout some shite later 🙈😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

This quote from Sagchat left me open-mouthed. Seems the reason they ar3 doing badly is because they are too good for League 1. 

It’s almost like we’ve got a footballing Championship side….but we’re in the wrong bloody league!”

They lost 4-1 yet some plonker, Rodman(?) apparently used to play for them, said "yeah, we were much better, I'd just like to see the Xg!  wel, you ****t, the only Xg that matters is FOUR, and it wasn't for you !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

This quote from Sagchat left me open-mouthed. Seems the reason they ar3 doing badly is because they are too good for League 1. 

It’s almost like we’ve got a footballing Championship side….but we’re in the wrong bloody league!”

Absolutely deluded :laugh: If they ever did manage to fluke their way to the Championship they would get completely hammered every game. They have no idea how tough the Championship is. There is no point in them ever getting promotion, it would be embarrassing, but very funny to watch I suppose.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Absolutely deluded :laugh: If they ever did manage to fluke their way to the Championship they would get completely hammered every game. They have no idea how tough the Championship is. There is no point in them ever getting promotion, it would be embarrassing, but very funny to watch I suppose.

They wouldn`t care if they lost 44 out of 46 games provided they won the other two..................................

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Joey Barton pre match chat on Radio Bristol, "even with our injuries, you look at our team and you look at the Burton team and you can only see one winner". 

I could only see one winner - the mighty Burton 

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

But they would have the nations second favourite sprinkler system.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

This quote from Sagchat left me open-mouthed. Seems the reason they are doing badly is because they are too good for League 1. 

Definitely in the wrong league ✊

• Like 1

I rarely listen to RB post match but did today. I was really looking forward to seeing how he would embarrass himself and the club in his assessment of the match. What a shame when he seemed fairly reasonable about it. Just expressing my disappointment when the interviewer asked him about Bobby Charlton, at which point he said something like "who can forget watching that amazing European Cup win" - the one that happened 14 years before you were born? Then seemed to get Jock Stein into the mix somehow as well. Just a little thing but bizarre all the same.

On 21/10/2023 at 08:12, 1960maaan said:

It could be slippery , thats for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1012020159318452

I guess my railway sleepers were an upgrade after that😀. A real indicator of how things have changed. Those pitches, by Boxing Day you were very lucky to have a blade of grass in the penalty area. I do like progress, but kinda miss those days too at the same time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I wish I had to cherry pick but these are the first 2 comments re new managers

IMG_2984.jpeg

IMG_2982.png

I'm not sure that they could employ anyone worse then Barton but employing Nathan Jones would be a bloody close run thing. Can't think of anyone else more suited to that odious shower.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Southport Red said:

This quote from Sagchat left me open-mouthed. Seems the reason they are doing badly is because they are too good for League 1. 

You need to keep up mate - Joey tells everyone who will listen, every week, that they are the best team in League 1.

Case closed.

Don't be fooled by little factors like being 17th in the division distract you from the truth - that they are the best team in that division.

Joey says so, so it must be true..!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You need to keep up mate - Joey tells everyone who will listen, every week, that they are the best team in League 1.

Case closed.

Don't be fooled by little factors like being 17th in the division distract you from the truth - that they are the best team in that division.

Joey says so, so it must be true..!

They must be sick to death of losing to teams that are worse than them, losing to teams that are better would feel so much better. :)

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They must be sick to death of losing to teams that are worse than them, losing to teams that are better would feel so much better. :)

No teams are better than them.

None of the 16 teams above them in the league table have any rightful claim to be better than Joeys team..!

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No teams are better than them.

None of the 16 teams above them in the league table have any rightful claim to be better than Joeys team..!

Worth mentioning that Wigan would be a point ahead of them and Reading a point below if they had no deductions. I expect Wigan to overtake them, not so sure about Reading.

Another couple of poor results could see them hovering just over the relegation area.

Which would be nice.