IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The most blatant handball you’ll ever see for their equaliser, funny that won’t get mentioned by R Joe

I haven't seen the 'highlights' but I listened to the Jaily Barton interview. The bloke is unhinged isn't he? Apart from the 'fat weeble' remark. he had the temerity to go on about Evans and his 'effing and jeffing'!

It also seems that he expects a penalty and or a sending off is needed / warranted to win a football match. The bloke is a fraud and a blight on football at any level. Suffice to say, I hope he stays at R@vers for a long time to come!

• Like 2

Steve Evans fairly respectful, unless you're a Ref or Howard Webb.

The guy does come back from offside, but I think the new (?) rule means because the defender controls and plays the ball it resets. The fact that he then does the same as someone charging down a kick in Rugby, but with only one hand, seems to have passed the Ref by. Stevenage should have been 2/3 up by then though.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12992071/bristol-rovers-1-1-stevenage-league-one-highlights

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Steve Evans fairly respectful, unless you're a Ref or Howard Webb.

The guy does come back from offside, but I think the new (?) rule means because the defender controls and plays the ball it resets. The fact that he then does the same as someone charging down a kick in Rugby, but with only one hand, seems to have passed the Ref by. Stevenage should have been 2/3 up by then though.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12992071/bristol-rovers-1-1-stevenage-league-one-highlights

How has he not given a hand-ball for Rovers goal ?

39 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I reckon JB could be unemployed by Christmas 

34D429A6-743F-43D1-97DC-F78F36D7B0DA.jpeg

What I consistently find odd is that Radio Bristol & whoever reports on Rovers never mention this awful record.

Are they scared of him & his Merseyside crime syndicate associates? Biased?

He’s a deeply unpleasant person but in the more important terms of actually being a football manager, not very good.

No way is he ever placed under the same scrutiny Pearson, or to be fair to them, his predecessors like Holden or LJ, were.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 7

There is a clue in the so called foul on the Rovers keeper - the Rovers defender who collided with him is laid out on the grass afterwards. The Stevenage player is on his feet.

As for JB, his name calling is something you hear in a primary school playground. In this case it deflects attention away from what his own fans are calling a poor performance.

I suspect the Martin goal was a hit and hope on the basis he was expecting the hand ball to be given.

9 minutes ago, lenred said:

How does Barton get away with that?  Is there still such a thing as ‘bringing the game into disrepute’?!  He’s such a ****. 

I suppose it has to be brought to the attention of the Authorities in the form of a complaint ?

They aren't going to read/listen to every post match interview.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

I suppose it has to be brought to the attention of the Authorities in the form of a complaint ?

They aren't going to read/listen to every post match interview.

No fair enough.   But I’m guessing it’s getting at least some traction on social media.   Just amazing how he gets away with slagging his peers off week after week after week. 

Steve Evans is no saint, but at least he was magnanimous after dropping two points last night due in part to an obvious hand ball and a debateable offside in the same phase that led to Martins goal. He also praised the Gas fans and even Barton.

What did he get in return ? The scrawny little thug calling him fat man and a weeble, the bloke obviously has some issues. Evans would probably just laugh at him for the immature school yard insults.

(or he might have laid him out if Barton had the guts and stupidity to say it in his face)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

What I consistently find odd is that Radio Bristol & whoever reports on Rovers never mention this awful record.

Are they scared of him & his Merseyside crime syndicate associates? Biased?

He’s a deeply unpleasant person but in the more important terms of actually being a football manager, not very good.

No way is he ever placed under the same scrutiny Pearson, or to be fair to them, his predecessors like Holden or LJ, were.

They also never thought to challenge the owner on his complete U-turn on employing anyone convicted of any kind of violence when they signed that chap sacked by exeter so it doesn't really surprise me....

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He is so trying to get sacked isn`t he?

I wonder if Wally or Alf have the balls to do it. I don`t think they do.

shhh,dont go giving them dumb ***** any ideas, so long as ********* in charge of that shite, hes the best fit there is in the world for them. fits them like a glove

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

shhh,dont go giving them dumb ***** any ideas, so long as ********* in charge of that shite, hes the best fit there is in the world for them. fits them like a glove

Oh I agree! I hope he stays there for years but it`s so obvious that he either thinks he`s untouchable or is pushing things further and further hoping that the owner grows a pair and gets rid with the enormous payout that will come with it.

A bit of both I reckon.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He is so trying to get sacked isn`t he?

I wonder if Wally or Alf have the balls to do it. I don`t think they do.

Oh, I do so hope not. A more perfect fit for them you couldn’t find. Loving it.

Edited by RedRock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

15 years since the Gas had a bigger home attendance than that of our Women's team on Sunday.

Tinpot

The Rugby lads average around 17k (based on last season) with 26k now and then against Bath and Glos.

In terms of sporting attractions, the Pikeys are now 4th in Bristol.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1