IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

39 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

That’s a damn shame, he was making the Rent Boys into the biggest laughing stock / hateful bunch of slugs going, which is some feat given their history in the past decade.

But I’m sure we can now look forward to him turning everything he’s got on the club, saying what a two-bit outfit it was, how everyone associated with the club is useless / clueless, because it’s never his fault. 

So long, Sherpa Sharton, and congrats on getting the Gash to the promised land before the red side.

Bring on the next clown - I’m sure the peasants from Whorefield will be clamouring for a certain *skeleton to leave the Halloween displays and ride to dA mIGHTY qWARTERZ rescue! 😆

EDIT: It is pronounced:  Skelington

• Like 1

Having a nose their forum, came across this post from August. It's aged so well and reads fantastic in contrast to today's news...

This start of season feels so very different, doesn't it?

A renewed sense of purpose is running through Bristol Rovers. I can certainly feel it as well in the positive vibes from many on gas chat. The prospect of glory, promotion and possibly champions is certainly worth thinking about.

Our squad, strengthened seemingly every week, have returned to the training pitch with a fire in their bellies that's unmistakable as seen in our recent performances.

Joey Barton's passion is infectious and clearly attracts top players. We can be confident about the future. There's an aura of determination and unity around this club that's the hallmark of any footballing success.

A winning culture is being forged, and for those of us who've stood by Rovers through thick and thin, this feeling is as precious as silverware.

The whispers of hope are growing louder, not only within the stands but within gaschat. Our Dreams, long held in check, are converging with the reality of what our club can achieve. No longer looking down but looking up to the future.

Joey Barton has nurtured a spirit that is seen in of champions, and our style of play is imbued with the same energy, the same hunger that defined the great teams of yesteryears.

This season, the road to promotion is in front of us. The bus is here, as it has been since 2011, ever hopeful, waiting for us to climb aboard and carve our name in the annals of Bristol Rovers football history.

For me, I am daring to dream of the unattainable - To be Champions - the ground-breaking goal. Like everyone, I’ll take promotion in anyway.

With the right mindset and the talent in our squad anything is possible.

The bus is ready to ride again.

Think they will find that the bus has been jacked up on bricks and some scouser has had the wheels!

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Attractive mind.... 😂

We must be a pretty attractive proposition.

New stand coming along.
Eulogised by many for our signings and team staff structure.
Had close to a mil to spend but messed it up.
Training ground that championship clubs train on.

It's certainly as attractive or more attractive than we've ever been.

That did make me chuckle :)

Bless.

7 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Having a nose their forum, came across this post from August. It's aged so well and reads fantastic in contrast to today's news...

This start of season feels so very different, doesn't it?

A renewed sense of purpose is running through Bristol Rovers. I can certainly feel it as well in the positive vibes from many on gas chat. The prospect of glory, promotion and possibly champions is certainly worth thinking about.

Our squad, strengthened seemingly every week, have returned to the training pitch with a fire in their bellies that's unmistakable as seen in our recent performances.

Joey Barton's passion is infectious and clearly attracts top players. We can be confident about the future. There's an aura of determination and unity around this club that's the hallmark of any footballing success.

A winning culture is being forged, and for those of us who've stood by Rovers through thick and thin, this feeling is as precious as silverware.

The whispers of hope are growing louder, not only within the stands but within gaschat. Our Dreams, long held in check, are converging with the reality of what our club can achieve. No longer looking down but looking up to the future.

Joey Barton has nurtured a spirit that is seen in of champions, and our style of play is imbued with the same energy, the same hunger that defined the great teams of yesteryears.

This season, the road to promotion is in front of us. The bus is here, as it has been since 2011, ever hopeful, waiting for us to climb aboard and carve our name in the annals of Bristol Rovers football history.

For me, I am daring to dream of the unattainable - To be Champions - the ground-breaking goal. Like everyone, I’ll take promotion in anyway.

With the right mindset and the talent in our squad anything is possible.

The bus is ready to ride again.

Think they will find that the bus has been jacked up on bricks and some scouser has had the wheels!

Joseph's Mother.....100%

Edited by RedLionLad

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Attractive mind.... 😂

New stand coming along.

Whoah there, lets break this down.

Stand? Hmmm shelter more like and they've even ballsed up the legal work on it, it remains without planning permission.

Eulogised by who and for what now?

Yep, messed it up but certainly wouldn't of been paying the full amount up front. They have a few sheckles but forget they've just used some of it to bring Martin in.

Does that make it a Championship standard training ground then? We had an international side use ours, we wouldn't claim world class facilities.

If that's as attactive as your club has ever been, then your club is a minger.

I did raise an eyebrow at the overly nice comments from Steve Evans about the Pikeys, their club, and even their ex-manager.

Doing the groundwork before taking over from that scrawny little thug ?

Curle is a good shout though and is a realistic option, rather than some of the names they're quoting.

20 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Attractive mind.... 😂

New stand coming along.

I'm sure in our youth we've woken up next to a 10-pinter and considered our life choices, I'm not sure that even after double-digits at the bar you'd consider the Fewers attractive. 

35 minutes ago, chowie said:

They only appoint ex Fleetwood managers these days don't they? 🤦‍♂️

Head Coach What GIF by Bristol City FC

I am somewhat disappointed, I was only saying to @Loosey Boy last night that I was hoping that he would somehow cling on until the Fleetwood game on the 18th Nov, only for LJ to put the final nail in his coffin.

The conflict of emotion on the pages would have been a sight to see. :)

Anyway, the BBC have spotted the reason for his sacking, the fact that the poor run has lasted about a season and half doesn't get a mention though.

Screenshot_2023-10-26-15-00-37-15_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

• Haha 1

Barton was a great fan of the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, but which of these quotes best describes the ex-Rovers Manager?

• To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering. ...
  • He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. ...
  • Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. ...
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Barton was a great fan of the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, but which of quotes best describes the ex-Rovers Manager?

• To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering. ...
  • Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. ...

This one:

There cannot be a God because if there were one, I could not believe that I was not He.

6 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Barton was a great fan of the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, but which of these quotes best describes the ex-Rovers Manager?

Screenshot2023-10-26at15_26_30.png.d31d68153e5aad4b2558dad379ebe46f.png