IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I had to dig down into the lower end of the football stories on the BBC sports page to find a mention of it. It seems not to be a story worthy of much attention.

Am I right in thinking he had surrounded himself with mates there? If so this could run on a bit yet.

To save money perhaps Rovers will wait for them to move on voluntarily, perhaps rejoining their leader when he gets a new job?

It will be interesting to see how their form goes. You would think it would naturally improve without him there but if the regime is essentially the same and the coaches don't see a future there, we could see a further slide.

Just shows his mouth and attitude, draws more attention than his managerial ability. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Just seen Wael's shortlist.

• Josef Fritzl
  • Anjem Choudary
  • Kenneth Noye
  • Abu Hamza al-Masri
  • Mark Ashton

Ashton appears to be the only one that isn't currently incarcerated, so he must be the favourite.

But as Abu Hamza al-Masri (Captain Hook) already appears on their crest, my money is on him.

I would think the ultimate Manager to present post match interviews for the sags, would be Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf, their very own Comical Ali.

• Haha 3

Having a Gas on Rb, incredible. You’d think he’d died and had led them to 5 straight back to back promotions the way the fans and Radio Bristol are discussing him. 

Nathan Jones they want, but not Gary Rowett as that isn’t realistic…… 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Having a Gas on Rb, incredible. You’d think he’d died and had led them to 5 straight back to back promotions the way the fans and Radio Bristol are discussing him. 

And a quick reminder if it wasn't for pure corruption he wouldn't even got them promoted..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lenred said:

Just incredible levels of delusion.  

What about this cracker…

If Wael was still the sole hand at the helm then an ex-Chelsea name like John Terry, Frank Lampard or even Graham Potter might actually have had some legs. Although in a job with a Saudi first division club Robbie Fowler has always wanted to manage in England and might well apply again. However, if that list of managers odds is representative of the quality of candidates we can expect there’s going to be a lot of crap football played at the Mem in the coming months!

• Haha 17
  • Facepalm 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I had to dig down into the lower end of the football stories on the BBC sports page to find a mention of it. It seems not to be a story worthy of much attention.

Mid afternoon when I looked he wasn't mentioned anywhere 

Though he was trending highly on "X" 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Probably like our phone ins, only a small handful can be bothered to call in 

Everyone else is out celebrating 

52 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Don't forget, they are apparently 'still getting used to their new found wealth'* so shouldn't be going cheap on their next manager.

Pep will be getting a call I expect.

(* Source - Gaschat)

Maybe provided the necessary funds to finally pay him off 

Especially as the Rovers statement didn't mention the usual "mutual consent" nonsense 

10 minutes ago, glynriley said:

What about this cracker…

If Wael was still the sole hand at the helm then an ex-Chelsea name like John Terry, Frank Lampard or even Graham Potter might actually have had some legs. Although in a job with a Saudi first division club Robbie Fowler has always wanted to manage in England and might well apply again. However, if that list of managers odds is representative of the quality of candidates we can expect there’s going to be a lot of crap football played at the Mem in the coming months!

Tell me they were joking.

Although, thinking about it, a visit to the Mem would probably swing it in Rovers favour.

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Tell me they were joking.

Although, thinking about it, a visit to the Mem would probably swing it in Rovers favour.

Oh no, he’s still going. Don’t do drugs kids…

Might be a refreshing change for him to manage players he wants in a squad he’s balanced and prove beyond any doubt he has the nous to take a team from nowhere to somewhere. He’d certainly get backing by both board and fans and that might sway him to do a job he’d actually enjoy for a while. We might just be a stepping stone in his journey back to the top flight but the longer you’re not in a role the easier it is to forget you.

They got more chance with Beatrix Potter. 

Edited by glynriley

That goodbye message actually reads quite well. There seems to be no bad feeling in there so maybe he wants to go.

I don't agree with the bit where he says the club is in an amazing position. It reminds me of those old photos of men having lunch sat on steel frames of sky scrapers in 1930s New York - they were in an amazing position too but no one else would want to be them!

There is a parallel here with the steel beams of their new stand, so maybe that is what he meant after all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, One Team said:

A bit of a surprise given he was allowed to make signings recently. As some have said here perhaps a bust up behind the scenes? 

Who’s next for the family club? Job for LJ?! 

Serious question, but has Chris Martin done his coaching badges?