IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Their result will be interesting today.

If I was in their team (shudder) I am sure Barton leaving would improve my spirits no end. However his coaching gang is still there (for now) and it won't change the balance of the squad in it's on loan/ageing/injured approach.

I predict a win for them today (sacked coach bounce) but still a difficult season ahead. Potential relegation battle if they don't have a bounce.

37 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If I was in their team (shudder) I am sure Barton leaving would improve my spirits no end. However his coaching gang is still there (for now) and it won't change the balance of the squad in it's on loan/ageing/injured approach.

I predict a win for them today (sacked coach bounce) but still a difficult season ahead. Potential relegation battle if they don't have a bounce.

I think they'll get a win today as well as the players may play with a bit of freedom and must be relieved as they won't be wondering who gets publicly pushed under the bus this week.

Won't be the same with that scrawny, cowardly, bullying, little thug not giving his usual puerile rant on RB after the game.

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I think we'll probably win today, but I'm not sure on the improving spirits thing. Barton is a weird character and outside of the game I will agree is a very awful person, I was rooting for him a bit when he joined on that front because you know, bad reputations can stick and I thought he could've changed. And then he beat up his wife and I was like "well so much for that!" It seems like, however, he's a pretty good man-manager, which is surprising but it also applies for Mourinho. Mourinho would absolutely ruin players in the media, think Martial or Mata. I remember Essien saying however that players would want to die for Mourinho. I don't think it's a coincidence that it seems loaned, young players tended to do well (Taylor, Thomas, Anderson, Quansah, Gibson, Crama, Bogarde, Connolly etc.) and a fair few despite probably being able to get better offers decided to come back. Hell, people don't forget but Barton was just as critical of Luke Thomas when we were in League 2, yet he decided to come back. It's a weird occurrence, but I would doubt the majority of the players are thinking "wow, thank God we got rid of him!" I imagine for most it was probably a shock and seemed premature.

41 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

See Dean Holden is current bookies favourite for the job, now that would be funny.

It's changed. Now it's Garry Monk. Super curious what City fans would think about that appointment (try to be unbiased!!)

I see the fruit market is 100% confirmed now as not happening and they are definitely staying put!  

Begs the question of where the money is coming from to renovate the Mem?  If you can't raise non match day revenue significantly then you are basically chucking your money away, even if it's on the cheap with temporary stands, so why would the owners do that?  Which begs the next question of will they just sell up as there is no money to be made?

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I see the fruit market is 100% confirmed now as not happening and they are definitely staying put!  

Begs the question of where the money is coming from to renovate the Mem?  If you can't raise non match day revenue significantly then you are basically chucking your money away, even if it's on the cheap with temporary stands, so why would the owners do that?  Which begs the next question of will they just sell up as there is no money to be made?

Just heard that , fixing up the mem instead , fruit market definitely now dead 😂

21 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The new owner is clearly telling porkies, because Henbury Gas has an imaginary friend who works in planning and said the fruit market was a done deal and that Marvin wants it.

And it isn't as if someone with his history of being honest and truthful would be anything but accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Boring Sag said:

I think we'll probably win today, but I'm not sure on the improving spirits thing. Barton is a weird character and outside of the game I will agree is a very awful person, I was rooting for him a bit when he joined on that front because you know, bad reputations can stick and I thought he could've changed. And then he beat up his wife and I was like "well so much for that!" It seems like, however, he's a pretty good man-manager, which is surprising but it also applies for Mourinho. Mourinho would absolutely ruin players in the media, think Martial or Mata. I remember Essien saying however that players would want to die for Mourinho. I don't think it's a coincidence that it seems loaned, young players tended to do well (Taylor, Thomas, Anderson, Quansah, Gibson, Crama, Bogarde, Connolly etc.) and a fair few despite probably being able to get better offers decided to come back. Hell, people don't forget but Barton was just as critical of Luke Thomas when we were in League 2, yet he decided to come back. It's a weird occurrence, but I would doubt the majority of the players are thinking "wow, thank God we got rid of him!" I imagine for most it was probably a shock and seemed premature.

It's changed. Now it's Garry Monk. Super curious what City fans would think about that appointment (try to be unbiased!!)

I would think that Gark Monk would be very good appointment for Rovers.

I'd be surprised if he'd stoop that low - but who knows how desperate he is..