IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, 38MC said:

I’m not sure if you’ve seen Dele’s interview with Gary Neville over the summer, but it seems clear that for a time his meteoric rise through the game managed to mask some of the horrific things that he went through, but as his career plateaued, his past really took a hold. 

I can never agree he threw it away. I think the good times were only ever ‘on loan’ until he got the help anyone who experienced what he did would need; and in a career that ends when you’re in your early-mid 30’s, it’s no wonder he never caught it back. To me he’s off limits.

I haven’t seen the interview to which you refer, but I have read several accounts of his ‘problems’.

Perhaps, upon reflection, my suggestion that Dele ‘threw it away’ was harsh, but I really don’t want to go too deeply into that subject - this thread, this forum even, is not the place to do so.

• Thanks 1

Been mentioned already.

Much as I love to laugh at Rovers it does seem odd & the Manor Farm thing is completely bizarre.

Been pointed out already the board has more spaces that are in Clifton than the whole of South Bristol & nothing at all for East Bristol, so not something to celebrate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To be fair, KR was very successful and quite entertaining when he was managing Milton Keynes, especially when he had Dele on loan from Spurs.

I believe, however, that Wade Elliot failed to give him (Dele) the respect he deserved 😉, and showed him up for the player he now is.

Actually, that’s not really fair to Dele. He used to be a very good player, but, for various reasons, appears to have thrown it all away.

Ali was a bit of a freak as a teenager and was way ahead the best player in the division, Robinson also relied heavily on loan players like Bamford and Afobe

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That’s decent support considering the distance.

I know that’s not the point of this thread but it is.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the bloke who bet on games he played in, gets the gig now.

That is good support - nobody can argue otherwise.

Their problem comes from exaggerating all the time.

Even yesterday when Mangan was asked about the 597 who'd made the long trip, he mentioned the "3 thousand" who went to Reading- it wasn't 3,000 so why say so, you f'king moron.?!

• Like 3
  • Robin 1