IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

"Without talking at length about the neighbours [Bristol City] they've shown what is achievable of football clubs in Bristol and traditionally, historically, Bristol Rovers is as big a club as you get in this city."

The local media should really challenge this sort of BS, it seems to get regularly spouted by whichever cretin they are currently calling their manager.

In the FIFTY SEVEN seasons since 1966 they have had a larger average attendance in only one season (in 1983); At this time their manager was most likely having to have his nappy regularly changed! However he should never let facts get in the way of a good soundbite to try and appease the dribbling morons they call fans after being turned over by mighty Crawley.

Attendances.thumb.jpg.1f2caafe7b49d3a5d4b998a7c16f34e3.jpg

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Oh dear, does that defeat put an end to the turd gobblers’ hopes of grossly inflating their following at Wembley for another campaign?

In other news, I noticed today a Scum fan who has our rainbow badge as his profile pic on social media, the insinuation being of course that “gay” remains some sort of deeply wounding insult in 2023.

Or perhaps I’m doing him a disservice and he was “converted” by his cellmate, as this individual spent a spell inside for his antics with dA gA sHIT sQUAD. 

Edited by WessexPest

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Gas chat is in meltdown after losing to a 4th division reserve team, a great read

Yes very funny particularly after more than a few on there reckoned we were in meltdown after losing to Norwich.

I mean things maybe a bit worrying here but pretty much their best 11 losing to Crawley Reserves, that's another level.

13 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I fancy Creepy Crawley for a win tonight in the EFL Cup.  Crawley are smack bang in the middle of League 2 but I still think they will do well tonight unless there is a new manager bounce at the Sags - Of course it will take a lot more than a new manager to turn them into a proper football team.

Haha. Don't say I didn't tell you  😀

You won't know if I got my next prediction for them right until May though - RELEGATION.

• Thanks 1

It’s that time of the season when they crash out of the Football League Trophy again. The fact they did so against Crawley reserves makes it even funnier.🤣

They must hold some record for number of seasons competing in the competition without ever actually winning it? Proper tinpot.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

On 05/12/2023 at 19:52, Tinmans Love Child said:

By which you mean back to the Prem! 😂

Yeah that’s a weird one. Failed at Middlesbrough and Watford after gets sacked there and gets the same job? Weird appointment. Reminds me of when Dean Smith failed at Norwich then got the Leicester job for some reason. 

17 hours ago, Rob said:

Joey is all over the news sites. Must make them prowed their ex manager is so popular

Saw he did an interview with Piers Morgan, but I couldn’t actually tell from the clips where they actually disagreed? They seemed to both be making anti-women commentator nonsense points

Mate over from the Netherlands. He wanted to see a local team, Yate called off so I'll be forgiven for taking him to the Mem.

Rovers are absolutely terrible, Darrell Clarke had a better reception than Matt Taylor, prowd fans booed them off at half time

And to think some of our fans fancy this league again, it's utter toilet

• Like 5