IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Anothe season of nothingness after putting together the best squad in their history. Ho hum.  

The latest delusional journalist reporting on them actually said before one game this season that they had the best subs bench in the division.

Seeing as they’re 12th I suggest those players should be starting then.

• Like 2

On 22/12/2023 at 15:26, phantom said:

Completely agree, I'm sure Stoke and Forest feel just the same about their rivals

Interestingly, very different feelings about their 'rivals'. Forest and County have quite a friendly rivalry and nothing much more than jokey banter. Stoke and Vale can get very nasty. I wonder if it is anything to do with geography. Forest and County don't have geographical areas as such, with both grounds being so close. Whereas, Stoke are located in the Stoke area, south in Stoke on Trent, while Port Vale are in Burslem, a town in the North of Stoke on Trent. 

As a kid, I can remember thinking of Stoke as a Midlands club and Vale as a North West club, not realising they were located less than 5 miles apart.

11 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Interestingly, very different feelings about their 'rivals'. Forest and County have quite a friendly rivalry and nothing much more than jokey banter. Stoke and Vale can get very nasty. I wonder if it is anything to do with geography. Forest and County don't have geographical areas as such, with both grounds being so close. Whereas, Stoke are located in the Stoke area, south in Stoke on Trent, while Port Vale are in Burslem, a town in the North of Stoke on Trent. 

As a kid, I can remember thinking of Stoke as a Midlands club and Vale as a North West club, not realising they were located less than 5 miles apart.

Forest don’t care about Notts though, it’s Derby they hate.

• Like 2