IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Imagine the racket that would be made if they were eighth and only two points off the play offs (in our world the Post call it “relegation battle on track”).

It was the same last season right up to the point it became mathematically impossible he was still talking about the play offs, and then he immediately started talking about how they were going to take the league by storm this season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

He’s so desperate to be liked. “Iconic”??? 🤦‍♂️

IMG_5588.jpeg

Total embarrassment.

He should study the form of the current top six instead of these sort of wet dreams.

What exactly the “something” that’s happening is, is definitely up for interpretation.

It was a good win but they aren’t seriously in contention.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Total embarrassment.

He should study the form of the current top six instead of these sort of wet dreams.

What exactly the “something” that’s happening is, is definitely up for interpretation.

Maybe the curtains are due another clean.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It was the same last season right up to the point it became mathematically impossible he was still talking about the play offs, and then he immediately started talking about how they were going to take the league by storm this season.

In my long life it's been the same every season, i dread to think what it would be like if they ever found themselves in 8th place in the championship

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Total embarrassment.

We aren't that much more off our automatic promotion and yet not one person on this forum would even dream of it, let alone the local journalist...

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Total embarrassment.

image.png.efb35a87879e66faf3b38fc9d4f7ae1a.png

What was this "something" that the reporter saw? :dunno:

Here is what I see:
A mid table side averaging 1.41 ppg so far this season have slightly improved in the last 8 games to 1.5 ppg. Based on thier current "iconic" form of 1.5 ppg they are ahead of Lincoln City, and Oxford Utd in the form table and level with Blackpool, but BEHIND every other team in the top ten of league one and Northampton just below them.

So based on the current form ppg, games left and total points acrued so far:

Bristol Rovers would STILL lose further ground to Portsmouth, Peterborough, Bolton, Derby, Stevenage, Barnsley and Northampton.

Bristol Rovers would make up ground on Lincoln City (gaining 8.88 pts) passing them, stay level pegging with Blackpool points difference wise, and make up a small amount of ground on Oxford United (gaining 2.88 pts).

Their form has to be a lot better consistently to push for playoffs, the 12 point gap to make up is quite big conisdering the teams aorund them are likely decent. While you cannot rule it out you would not be gambling on this with any confidence. Also their GD needs to improve as if that was a decider they are a long way off the teams genuinely in playoff contenton in league one.

Edited by cityal
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Part of me wants them to go up. Bring back Bristol derbies. Badly missed.

If they get an away draw I tend to swear out loud, wherever I am.

How can anyone possibly even consider them getting promoted as anything other than putrid..?

It brings a smile to my face when their "play off push" ends - usually before Easter..!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

As good as a win it was for them yesterday, someone might want to point out to them they are 12 points away from 6th place!

12 points behind the massive club that is Stevenage.  Whatever one might think of Steve Evans, the man seems to have a knack for creating winning teams

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fisherrich said:

Part of me wants them to go up. Bring back Bristol derbies. Badly missed.

Nah I always hated being in the same league as them. 

There is constant comparisons each week with results and then constantly trying to be higher than them in the league and then in the lead up to the derby then everything becomes about the derby. 

I much prefer being able to concentrate on ourselves in a higher league. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

He’s so desperate to be liked. “Iconic”??? 🤦‍♂️

IMG_5588.jpeg

On the night of their hilarious attempt to sign Clarke-Harris, wasn’t he the guy who laughed at a fake account in his name that had posted that the deal had fallen through….10 minutes before realising the fake account knew more than he did? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, cityal said:

image.png.efb35a87879e66faf3b38fc9d4f7ae1a.png

What was this "something" that the reporter saw? :dunno:

Here is what I see:
A mid table side averaging 1.41 ppg so far this season have slightly improved in the last 8 games to 1.5 ppg. Based on thier current "iconic" form of 1.5 ppg they are ahead of Lincoln City, and Oxford Utd in the form table and level with Blackpool, but BEHIND every other team in the top ten of league one and Northampton just below them.

So based on the current form ppg, games left and total points acrued so far:

Bristol Rovers would STILL lose further ground to Portsmouth, Peterborough, Bolton, Derby, Stevenage, Barnsley and Northampton.

Bristol Rovers would make up ground on Lincoln City (gaining 8.88 pts) passing them, stay level pegging with Blackpool points difference wise, and make up a small amount of ground on Oxford United (gaining 2.88 pts).

Their form has to be a lot better consistently to push for playoffs, the 12 point gap to make up is quite big conisdering the teams aorund them are likely decent. While you cannot rule it out you would not be gambling on this with any confidence. Also their GD needs to improve as if that was a decider they are a long way off the teams genuinely in playoff contenton in league one.

The 6th best team (Barnsley) are on for 86 points, so based on that Rovers need 55 points from 24 games 🤣🤣

As if