IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Majority of gasheads loved Joey Barton. Worshipped him. Brushed his past under the carpet. ******* idiots 

How do you know that? I personally know four gasheads who refused to attend games whilst Joey was in charge - they went to watch Yate Town or Mangotsfield instead - but I wouldn’t pretend to know what the “majority of gasheads thought” - you obviously know better ... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know that? I personally know four gasheads who refused to attend games whilst Joey was in charge - they went to watch Yate Town or Mangotsfield instead - but I wouldn’t pretend to know what the “majority of gasheads thought” - you obviously know better ... 

I guess he is basing his views on the fact that the crowd numbers didn't change much despite their protestations when he was appointed initially.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

if you look at he SAG forum accusations , by their own , that the ‘vast majority’ ,  ‘hero worshiped him’

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I mean, the fact they physically had him on their shoulders away at Rochdale and home to Scunthorpe, lauding him as their king and chanting his name proudly, on two separate occasions, is pretty clear evidence enough. Let alone the constant defending of him after every post match interview, and court case that he had to attend whilst being their proweddddd leader. 

He suited them perfectly. Two vile outfits. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

All of my in-laws loved the bloke, really lapped up the ‘hard man’ image and supposed ‘straight talking, no nonsense’ bollocks that he would spout. Gas I work with either loved him or tolerated him because of promotion, ignoring the fact that he took them down in the first place.

He seemed very popular with Gasheads on Social Media. No doubt some of them didn’t like him and a few were brave enough to voice their objections online but they seemed to be in the minority and were quickly set upon by lovestruck Sagheads desperate to defend their hero passionately.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He suited them perfectly. Two vile outfits. 

“He just gets us” they’d say…

”he understands what it means to be Gas”

Heard that countless times. Imagine boasting about that when you’re talking about Joey Barton 🤣

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Just so they can’t sweep this stuff under the carpet. 

IMG_5942.webp

IMG_5678.webp

That 2nd photo has a lot to unpick 

• an openly ginger person in sunlight 

• a Gumba from the original Super Mario Bros film 

• Lurch from the Adam’s family

• a man with what seems to be a green tooth. 

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

1920    joined the football league 

I didn't include that date as a milestone as on several occasions they've tried really hard to get out of it ever since & almost succeeded in 1939.

That actually managed it in 2014

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ye majority, more than half the fan base. You don’t agree fair enough, seeing you know 4 Gasheads. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ye majority, more than half the fan base. You don’t agree fair enough, seeing you know 4 Gasheads. 

To be fair, all he needed to do was add the word 'families' and we would be talking about half the fan base...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Swede said:

I didn't include that date as a milestone as on several occasions they've tried really hard to get out of it ever since & almost succeeded in 1939.

That actually managed it in 2014

I’ve brought up 1939 a few times to gas mates when they start with the 82 bollocks. Calling them nazi sympathisers . They just stare blankly . Not a clue about their own history  

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve brought up 1939 a few times to gas mates when they start with the 82 bollocks. Calling them nazi sympathisers . They just stare blankly . Not a clue about their own history  

It's quite amazing I haven't come across any swamp dweller who knows the fact that Hitler saved the gas. I must admit I don't look under many rocks. I'm not surprised though as they can't remember what they did 5 minutes ago let alone an important part of their history. We even loaned them players that season to help them complete their fixtures. Nothing club.

• Like 3

Presumably they could have had just under 4,000 tickets had they wanted them?

15% for away fans. 

Carrie Road holds 27,359, which is probably just under 27,000 after you lose seats to segregation etc.

So if we say 26,750 x 0.15 = 4,012. Round it down to be generous?

Yeh I'd say they could have had 4,000 if they'd been able to sell them.

Just now, Open End Numb Legs said:

Whatever the result we will be told afterwards that home fans apparently said 'you brought more than City', 'made a great atmosphere' and 'should be in the Championship'.

Don`t forget all the Norwich fans that told various random dribblers that the s*gs were their second favourite team and how much they hated da shit.

• Like 2