IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He should ask his Norwich supporting mates how long it’ll be before they overtake “da shit” again (they must be pretty old if they can remember the last time that happened) once they’ve stood on the terraces at the Mem and visited the toilets. 

Got to love their imaginary 'friends' don't ya? 😉

C4GGAo6WQAA6r84.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh come on........it's pathetic !

Exactly, we played Norwich away in the cup years ago, in their days of Robert Fleck and terracing and our end was rammed! Alot more than their crappy effort.

We lost 3-0 IIRC and a mate got nicked for stealing a coppers helmet. That was bloody funny mind.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Exactly, we played Norwich away in the cup years ago, in their days of Robert Fleck and terracing and our end was rammed! Alot more than their crappy effort.

We lost 3-0 IIRC and a mate got nicked for stealing a coppers helmet. That was bloody funny mind.

Was there that day, went to the toilets after they scored , think this was the first time I'd seen TVs showing the game at a ground. 

Just looked and it was 2-1 , I'd forgotten we got it to 1-1 before Fleck scored.

I remember the most random of meetings with a lad who lived on the Street next to me and my mate in Bristol. We were just leaving the pub and bumped into him, as I say random.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Was there that day, went to the toilets after they scored , think this was the first time I'd seen TVs showing the game at a ground. 

Just looked and it was 2-1 , I'd forgotten we got it to 1-1 before Fleck scored.

I remember the most random of meetings with a lad who lived on the Street next to me and my mate in Bristol. We were just leaving the pub and bumped into him, as I say random.

Fleck scored right in front of the away end IIRC. We had loads there.

My mates carpet van did some miles in those days with about 20 of us in the back.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Me too, the only time I have ever been to Carrow Rd.

Not a surprise as the journey seemed to take about a week, I expected to get off the minibus in Amsterdam the amount of time it took us to get that far East.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not a surprise as the journey seemed to take about a week, I expected to get off the minibus in Amsterdam the amount of time it took us to get that far East.

I remember staying with relatives just outside Bedford one weekend and making a last minute decision to go to our game at Norwich.

I left about 11 and only just made kick off!

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, done Ipswich a couple of times, and Norwich is only about 40 miles further but seems like the ends of the Earth.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I expected to get off the minibus in Amsterdam the amount of time it took us to get that far East.

i wonder how many many of the mental mob are just arriving there now,looking at all the irenes in the windows

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Let me assure you Norwich is nothing like Amsterdam 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

For two years I was stationed at RAF Coltishall, 10 miles North of Norwich. Going home for the weekend was a major undertaking. Had to leave Bristol 3.00pm Sunday to get back to Coltishall in time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Imaginary West Ham supporting mates of mine said that Bristol City are the best team, by far, that they’ve ever played against and the noise made by our supporters was louder than all of the planes at Heathrow taking off together. They said that it’s no wonder that we’ve been the top team in Bristol for more than 20 years and that’s unlikely to ever change. 

This deluded stuff is ‘kin easy. 

Hahahaha ! 👏

40 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Imaginary West Ham supporting mates of mine said that Bristol City are the best team, by far, that they’ve ever played against and the noise made by our supporters was louder than all of the planes at Heathrow taking off together. They said that it’s no wonder that we’ve been the top team in Bristol for more than 20 years and that’s unlikely to ever change. 

This deluded stuff is ‘kin easy. 

Just bumped into Danny Dyer, he said he’s binning off West Ham and supporting the mighty reds. Travelling in those numbers is unheard of in the premier league. Said he was surprised we weren’t touted to join the super league with support like that. Dani Dyer then chirped up, but what she said isn’t suitable for an online forum :banana:

• Haha 5

Norwich fans ain't happy with their own players or fellow supporters.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/155066-todays-the-day-the-joy-was-finally/

and completely for now, sucked out of this great club. Nigh on 20 thousand supporters there for an unfashionable but potentially exciting tie against a mid table league 1 side. Starting with our main strikers, our best defender and club captain and defenders who have been involved enough this season. In fact other than Forshaw virtually every player in that starting line up had previously started games recently. It was a strong line up.

The ground is full of new young supporters, probably here for the first time this season, excited at a potentially positive attacking display by city and what do we end up? An abjectly poor, lethargically mind numbing, painfully disjointed and frankly tediously boring 1-1 drab 90 minutes of uninspiring pointlessly ineffective football. Hang your heads in shame Norwich senior management. 

The coaching/tactics/in game management/will to win attitude/forward fast integrated play/aggression etc etc etc, is missing in action yet again. 

Enough is enough. Sort it out NCFC, this is simply not acceptable, otherwise I strongly suspect you will reap the whirlwind that is coming!

Even the diehard ‘ happy clappers ‘ on here are keeping well below the parapet tonight.

22 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wonder how many we could have sold? I know many SC holders, and no SC holders, myself included that didn't get tickets, our own fault for taking too long but we don't have tickets regardless. I reckon we could have taken 5 figures in all honesty.

Easily would have taken 10k+ if more tickets were available. I just have a membership so no way got a chance for a ticket 

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 11:37, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't take long but cracking reply!

Screenshot_20240106_173633_Samsung Internet.jpg

We didn’t do so badly ourselves at a higher-division team eh?

”We will overtake you / see you next season” should be on their club badge, we hear it without fail every single season.

What a grubby bunch of self-pitying clunges the Gas scum are.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

12 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

It was 10,000 mate. We took 10,000 to West Ham. If everyone just says 10,000 over and over, then it becomes the case that we took 10,000 to West Ham. Which is what happened today.

Did you spot the Blue and White scarf in the home end?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

It was 10,000 mate. We took 10,000 to West Ham. If everyone just says 10,000 over and over, then it becomes the case that we took 10,000 to West Ham. Which is what happened today.

Are we sure? I understand the allocation was 8,924 - we sold it out and didn’t get handed any more.

6 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Are you not familiar with Gasflation @WessexPest ?

If we keep saying we took 11,000 we definitely took 12,000

Well a West Ham fan* I was speaking to on the way out said that it was the biggest away support he had seen at London Stadium and easily beat the previous 13000 record. :ph34r:

*WHF may or may not exist or be an amalgam of several fans spoken to at different times. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ahh, tomorrow I will be telling everyone about our fantastic 14000 fans at West Ham today. I mean for a club like us to take 15000 to West Ham for a 3rd cup match is just superb.

Excellent effort from all 16000 of us. 👏

I think you'll find it was actually 9000 went up and 9000 came back. I make that atleast 18000.

• Haha 11