IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

As an aside, I mean no disrespect to anyone affected by the atrocities of WW2 and apologise if I have caused any offence.

Thanks Ska. I am not offended myself but am vehemently offended on behalf of many others. 

I'm just not sure who...

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, gornagain said:

According to the press cuttings there were more than 7k there in 1992.

https://www.lfchistory.net/seasonarchive/game/1832

"more than" will, no doubt, give them room for exaggeration.

As usual, we had more. 8,000 'which sounded like 80,000'. Reporter's words, not mine. I was so pissed at Anfield I can barely remember it!

https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1942

38 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

No way??

Is this what the rovers players got for not having to apply for re-election in 1939?

sku1962web.jpg

I'm all for a piss take, but think you've crossed a line with that image. Myself and many others will be deeply offended.

No one wants to see blue and white quarters FFS.

• Haha 16
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I'm all for a piss take, but think you've crossed a line with that image. Myself and many others will be deeply offended.

No one wants to see blue and white quarters FFS.

It's actually the Hitler youth badge, known nowadays as das rovers supporten.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

As an aside, I mean no disrespect to anyone affected by the atrocities of WW2 and apologise if I have caused any offence.

Colin from Portsmouth is on the line....

Seriously, no on would be offended by you posting that. If you commented with 'City should do these', then that is a different story, but you didn't. And you wouldn't.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Going early with 15000... Any higher bids? 

I'm amazed, I would have thought their Wembley "record" would have been in doubt. IF, they get there I am sure that it will transpire over time that no Liverpool fans actually attended, or those that did immediately switched allegiance for the day.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Everyone in football knows that Liverpool extended their capacity to 61k just so their second favourite club, The Gas, could break the away attendance record………I must admit it would be worthy of a cheeky smile if Norwich turned them over now.

… which would cause so many spam sandwiches to go to waste. 

40 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I know maths , along with many other things , isn't their strong point. But since when has 15% of 61,000 been 15,000 ? 

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know maths , along with many other things , isn't their strong point. But since when has 15% of 61,000 been 15,000 ? 

Norwich would only be allocated around 9k but you know, Rovers are so loved by these big sides that Liverpool will happily allow them up to 30%.

Some of the comments on their forum are hillarious. One exiled fan is looking at booking flights back to the UK, whilst another already has his travel itinerary up and is asking for decent pubs near the ground!

I hope Norwich give them a right spanking. I don't recall us getting erections when we had the same fixture in waiting if we had beaten Shrewsbury a few years back.

We all like to dream of a big draw, they just wet dream 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Also which one is it? An incredible loyal fierce fanbase who follow them everywhere, including amazing long journey to Norwich. Or Norwich was a big tie, so loads of the people there weren’t fans, they were day trippers, and that’s why their following was so ‘big’ ??

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

It may just be them being morons (likely) but lots of Tweets indicating that Rovers have released Norwich tickets to general sale before ST holders so that’s 2000 more locked out….

No great surprise is it ?

When have Rovers 15 EVER got anything right ? 😆

3 hours ago, fanjita said:

Looking at their forum it would seem most of them think that playing Liverpool is already a done deal, not withholding the fact that they have to play Norwich first.

Let’s be honest, Norwich aren’t going to bust a gut to earn the right to get spanked at Anfield, Liverpool away has been a regular League fixture for them over the years. It would be like us drawing Wolves away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Also the tacit admission that a large number of the 1300 that went to Norwich were "daytrippers".

Not sure where their arrogance around day trippers comes from. You would think they would recognise what could be new, regular fans if they welcomed them. As a club that has lower crowds than City, City Women and the rugby, they can't afford to be picky.

• Like 1

Right , again with the maths....

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

It may just be them being morons (likely) but lots of Tweets indicating that Rovers have released Norwich tickets to general sale before ST holders so that’s 2000 more locked out….

They sold out before the Season ticket holders got theirs ?

Carrow Rd Capacity 27,000 .
15 % of 27k is 4,050.
They took 1,333 according to Bristol Live ( the media wing of their supporters club)

2 Questions ....
How is that a sell out 
Where did the other 2,717 fans go 

Is that the ones in the Car park ?

OK that's 3 questions but you get my drift.

23 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Not sure where their arrogance around day trippers comes from. You would think they would recognise what could be new, regular fans if they welcomed them. As a club that has lower crowds than City, City Women and the rugby, they can't afford to be picky.

Judging by how they don't like anyone new joining Asschat , let alone offer a different opinion , they probably don't like people they don't recognise. 
They are a local Club for local people 

Screenshot2024-01-09at11_00_32.png.ca81c6ed907660321507c2c99a923d7b.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Right , again with the maths....

They sold out before the Season ticket holders got theirs ?

Carrow Rd Capacity 27,000 .
15 % of 27k is 4,050.
They took 1,333 according to Bristol Live ( the media wing of their supporters club)

2 Questions ....
How is that a sell out 
Where did the other 2,717 fans go 

Is that the ones in the Car park ?

OK that's 3 questions but you get my drift.

They’re on about the replay.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Everyone in football knows that Liverpool extended their capacity to 61k just so their second favourite club, The Gas, could break the away attendance record………I must admit it would be worthy of a cheeky smile if Norwich turned them over now.

'Cheeky smile? Massive piss take!

• Haha 1

15000 gasheads going to Anfield - Liverpool supporters don't stand a chance at getting a ticket for this game the way they're going on!!!

I'd put money on someone saying about 40000 going there by the end of the day....

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

They’re on about the replay.

Ahh, ok cheers makes more sense.

He's probably done similar to me, I ended up having to use the link from the email as on the site it said my seat was unavailable.