IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

32 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Apparently you had problems with West Ham tickets? Clearly not on this scale. Since Rovers have switched to Ticketmaster, there have been numerous cock ups, people not receiving tickets in time for a game is commonplace, it barely even gets anyone angry anymore. As it stands, it looks like I , a long term season ticket holder, will miss out on the Norwich game. I get this is a piss take thread and I understand that a few of you are having a chuckle over it, but it does seem that - although not yet confirmed- that it is yet another Ticketmaster cock up and I think all football fans should be wary about this. There are some good people at Rovers in the ticket office as I'm sure there are at City and many other clubs around the country, people  who actually care about the fans, usually because they are fans themselves.

Football fans need to stick together on some issues and stand up to glorified touts like Ticketmaster.

I think we've only ever used Tickmaster for Wembley finals, which made sense with the volume of tickets to be sold (not as many as when you lot get there, obviously!)

Surely Rovers don't use ticket master for home match tickets.?! The costs incurred & general lack of control would make that a ridiculous decision.

Surely a sold out Rovers game could be catered by the ball boys popping around door to door with a card machine, sell then all and still make it back into school by the end of a couple of free periods..! 😉

I missed your reason for you, as a STH missing out on a Norwich home ticket - how can that be possible, ever - assuming it wasn't down to you missing your priority window.?

30 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Sorry you won't get to the game, the bit I don't get is that the ticket selling policy decision to outsource was Rovers' decision, yes? Why not have an in house system? It is in Rovers power to change that if it isn't working?

I guess there is some sort of contract, I would hope that Rovers would get out of it ASAP, although I won't be holding my breath.

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think we've only ever used Tickmaster for Wembley finals, which made sense with the volume of tickets to be sold (not as many as when you lot get there, obviously!)

Surely Rovers don't use ticket master for home match tickets.?! The costs incurred & general lack of control would make that a ridiculous decision.

Surely a sold out Rovers game could be catered by the ball boys popping around door to door with a card machine, sell then all and still make it back into school by the end of a couple of free periods..! 😉

I missed your reason for you, as a STH missing out on a Norwich home ticket - how can that be possible, ever - assuming it wasn't down to you missing your priority window.?

I had an email at 6.41 pm yesterday evening that said tickets would be going on sale at 7pm , around an hour before the draw, and season ticket holders would have till Wednesday to claim their spot . I've been out of action for over a month with a broken leg and had already decided that I would try and get to this one as a test to see just what I can and cant do, so I didn't rush to get mine(which is terrace) as I wanted to see if I could get a seat. Once the draw was made social media was going mental and it was apparent that there was a free for all on tickets and by the time I thought Id better  get mine and see if I could swap it for a seat later, there were none available.

I know of a non season ticket holder who was able to buy 12, who tbf , thinks the club should cancel all tickets sold and start again. The club are blaming Ticketmaster- although who knows- and have emailed everyone who contacted them with a 'we are looking into it' email.

Update- A club statement has been issued acknowledging  a 'small' number of STHs have been affected and it will be sorted. I'd argue that it isnt a small number- but there is hope !

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I know of a non season ticket holder who was able to buy 12, who tbf , thinks the club should cancel all tickets sold and start again.

It's a right mess but that sounds like a reasonable thing to do considering.

There will have almost certainly been some scalpers buying them up.

Edited by Gazred

Whilst I have every sympathy for Miah, this is absolutely peak tinpottery from them. 

We always point out they never sell out, yet they claim to have fans locked out.

We have to give them some credit, they have finally sold out the Mem and will have to 2,000 season ticket holders locked out!

You couldn’t make it up. 

There’s a very tough call now for the board. Do they cancel the tickets they’ve sold and let the STs have them (which won’t be popular with those less regular fans who the club needs to attract) or leave it as it is (and annoy the STs who are the ones keeping the club going and who the club can’t afford to lose)?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Whilst I have every sympathy for Miah, this is absolutely peak tinpottery from them. 

We always point out they never sell out, yet they claim to have fans locked out.

We have to give them some credit, they have finally sold out the Mem and will have to 2,000 season ticket holders locked out!

You couldn’t make it up. 

There’s a very tough call now for the board. Do they cancel the tickets they’ve sold and let the STs have them (which won’t be popular with those less regular fans who the club needs to attract) or leave it as it is (and annoy the STs who are the ones keeping the club going and who the club can’t afford to lose)?

Just had an email form the club saying 'try at 4.30'.

27 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Update- A club statement has been issued acknowledging  a 'small' number of STHs have been affected and it will be sorted. I'd argue that it isnt a small number- but there is hope !

You've only got a small number to begin with...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 5

32 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I had an email at 6.41 pm yesterday evening that said tickets would be going on sale at 7pm , around an hour before the draw, and season ticket holders would have till Wednesday to claim their spot . I've been out of action for over a month with a broken leg and had already decided that I would try and get to this one as a test to see just what I can and cant do, so I didn't rush to get mine(which is terrace) as I wanted to see if I could get a seat. Once the draw was made social media was going mental and it was apparent that there was a free for all on tickets and by the time I thought Id better  get mine and see if I could swap it for a seat later, there were none available.

I know of a non season ticket holder who was able to buy 12, who tbf , thinks the club should cancel all tickets sold and start again. The club are blaming Ticketmaster- although who knows- and have emailed everyone who contacted them with a 'we are looking into it' email.

That does sound like a complete balls up & should never happen. 

Hope they rectify suitably for you.

Although, of course it's going to be a small number - even if every season ticket holder missed out..! 😉😂

To be fair to the scummers, years ago, we had a similar problem when we played, ironically, the scummers, at the Gate. Season ticket holders couldn't get in, ground full etc.

That said it was probably 30 years ago and it shouldn't happen in this day and age.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Wonder if the person “who hit the wrong button”, was the same one who didn’t get the fax across in time for the JCH deal ? 😂

Or the one who should have put in the planning permission for the 'stand'

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I know of a non season ticket holder who was able to buy 12, who tbf , thinks the club should cancel all tickets sold and start again. 

With a small capacity and about half taken up with Season Ticket holders, forget that it's a non STH , how can anyone be allowed to buy 12 tickets ? That's utter madness.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair to the scummers, years ago, we had a similar problem when we played, ironically, the scummers, at the Gate. Season ticket holders couldn't get in, ground full etc.

That said it was probably 30 years ago and it shouldn't happen in this day and age.

TBF that was about 27,000 and ( I believe ) PotD . It was poor then , worse now. I don't think I would want Ticket Master doing my Clubs tickets.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Just had an email form the club saying 'try at 4.30'.

Hope it gets sorted for you mate, as much as I dislike the gas ,genuine fans deserve to get tickets ( and hopefully watch them get a good thrashing from Norwich!) 

• Like 5

Just now, mattjb said:

Hope it gets sorted for you mate, as much as I dislike the gas ,genuine fans deserve to get tickets ( and hopefully watch them get a good thrashing from Norwich!) 

Thanks, just got mine- and yes, obviously after all this we will get well and truly dicked. It goes without saying I too hope ypu get a 'Hammering' :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Robin 2

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

Thanks, just got mine- and yes, obviously after all this we will get well and truly dicked. It goes without saying I too hope ypu get a 'Hammering' :)

Glad it’s sorted for you 👍, and good to see feelings are mutual!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Apparently you had problems with West Ham tickets? Clearly not on this scale. Since Rovers have switched to Ticketmaster, there have been numerous cock ups, people not receiving tickets in time for a game is commonplace, it barely even gets anyone angry anymore. As it stands, it looks like I , a long term season ticket holder, will miss out on the Norwich game. I get this is a piss take thread and I understand that a few of you are having a chuckle over it, but it does seem that - although not yet confirmed- that it is yet another Ticketmaster cock up and I think all football fans should be wary about this. There are some good people at Rovers in the ticket office as I'm sure there are at City and many other clubs around the country, people  who actually care about the fans, usually because they are fans themselves.

Football fans need to stick together on some issues and stand up to glorified touts like Ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster are known to music fans as Ticketbastard for a reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'd argue that all of the Rovers STH is a small number.

It just may not be a small percentage of them that are affected.

In seriousness, hope you're able to get it sorted (also hope Norwich batter Rovers in the replay)

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Glad you managed to get it sorted,you should never have been put in that position in the first place!

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not like them at all to look like a shambolic bunch of amateurs, is it?

Planning permission, anyone?

I could have sworn that I saw the new temporary stand at Wrexham was in use over Christmas? I think they only started building it in November.

Amazing how having competent people in charge means that things actually get done in a timely manner...meanwhile over at Bristol Rovers...

On 04/01/2024 at 17:20, NOTBLUE said:

We definitely had forgeries,met up in the Sevenways pub(?) in St Jude’s.

On 04/01/2024 at 17:55, 1960maaan said:

There were loads of forgeries and several sources for them. We had tickets for the Open end and forgeries for the South Enclosure , might still have it somewhere. Chatting to someone in the Ground and they said the Police were searching lads on the way in and people were dumping books of them outside. 

Looking for something in the loft and found a ticket, bit of a giveaway that it has no perforations :blush2:

IMG_9293.thumb.jpeg.83483fa4d81061b0730745f04490d788.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Robin 2

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Jesus their EP scribe is a belter. In addition to the North Korean level of praise somehow he’s coming across surprised that a mid table League one club against a mid table Championship club isn’t somehow on TV companies radars:

It all gets framed in a desperate attempt to give us & them “equal” treatment.

Remember when they were a non league side but still got the same radio coverage?

All part of the blue “half” of Bristol delusional horseshit that is spouted.

This clown is the one who said last month something “special” is happening there.

As you say, Pyongyang levels of propaganda.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Gashead in work, any chance I could have either the 27th or 28th off as annual leave. Me, no

A few years back when I was site manager on a job in Kintyre, an agency sent me a site labourer. He lived about 35 miles from the site so it sounded positive.  Turned up in a blue quartered jesters outfit wiv a Gert funny accent.  Seems that he left Bristol to shack up with some sort he'd encountered in Benidorm, who lobbed him out pretty soon after he'd burned his west country bridges!  I could have had him litter picking most of the time.......but those toxic crappers weren't going to clean themselves every 2 hours.  I don't have a west country accent and didn't crack on who my team was, so he couldn't accuse me of being a Ted who might have been picking on him for the very best of reasons.  General comments to him like "I've been to your ground a couple of years ago and I thought it was really good"......... I watched the goon bask in a bit of glory and then I quickly followed up with " That view of Brunel's bridge is outstanding"!  Also got all of the Scottish lads working for me on site to call him 'City'. Not really a popular lad though!

• Haha 11
  • Robin 2