IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

There’s no ‘suppose’ about it 

Nor “historically” or just the media, but everyone who views it remotely dispassionately.

Edited by GrahamC

10 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

IMG_4544.jpeg

It is factually correct as well as historically correct.

Of course BOTH fixtures feature a mid table championship club - does he somehow think that they are an equal attraction to West Ham? 

Pretty obvious why they choose our fixture for TV

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Looking for something in the loft and found a ticket, bit of a giveaway that it has no perforations :blush2:

IMG_9293.thumb.jpeg.83483fa4d81061b0730745f04490d788.jpeg

I recently gave away this ticket, so I was obviously at the game, but it was actually my 21st birthday and I have no memory of it whatsoever. 

I assume I must have been on it early  😀

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I recently gave away this ticket, so I was obviously at the game, but it was actually my 21st birthday and I have no memory of it whatsoever. 

I assume I must have been on it early  😀

I think most of Bristol was :yes:

1 hour ago, cityal said:

It is factually correct as well as historically correct.

Of course BOTH fixtures feature a mid table championship club - does he somehow think that they are an equal attraction to West Ham? 

Pretty obvious why they choose our fixture for TV

Also, from BBC’s perspective there’s zero chance of an upset at the mem for the neutrals.

Hate to say it but I fancy them to win the replay...it will mean more to Gas players and fans to face Liverpool than Norwich who have regularly played Liverpool in the league, they will be right up for it. If I bet on them to get through that may help as I rarely win my football bets.

30 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Hate to say it but I fancy them to win the replay...it will mean more to Gas players and fans to face Liverpool than Norwich who have regularly played Liverpool in the league, they will be right up for it. If I bet on them to get through that may help as I rarely win my football bets.

I've told this story before but my Old Man was well up on the bookies in his betting for the season so placed a single bet on Rovers to win every game for about the last six weeks of the season they went out of the football league..........if anyone wants to know how and whether it is possible to bet and never lose that's how you do it!! 

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

On 09/01/2024 at 14:29, The Gasbuster said:

Wonder if the person “who hit the wrong button”, was the same one who didn’t get the fax across in time for the JCH deal ? 😂

Maybe our agents are doing their jobs after all!

28 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Read a few messages on twitter thanking wheel-al-quid for sorting out tickets for season ticket holders after the official sell out.

Does this mean they'll be over their allowed capacity?

You'd be surprised by the number of tickets that are held back for sponsors  and "club officials"/players. I expect they wrangled some from the set-aside.

They certainly won't go over their official capacity- Rovers always do everything by the rules don't you know 😉

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Haha 1

I have a number if Rovers ST work colleagues who went up the Mem yesterday to remonstrate their case to the ticket office (they were all successful in the end).

Basically the Gas have "voluntarily" taken 2k off their capacity in the past, by having to have a space on the terraces between the advertising hoardings and where the terracing starts. 

For this game, it appears that Gorringe, who was in the ticket office dealing with the mass of complaining season ticket holders, alongside the club has decided to forgoe that "voluntarily" arrangement. Not sure if they will be in breach of any arrangement because of that, we will have to wait and see.

The Rovers ST also said Gorringe after so many disasters in the last year has been given 6 months notice as CEO, to be replaced by the Owner's son.

I think we all know how that usually pans out....🤔🙄

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I have a number if Rovers ST work colleagues who went up the Mem yesterday to remonstrate their case to the ticket office (they were all successful in the end).

Basically the Gas have "voluntarily" taken 2k off their capacity in the past, by having to have a space on the terraces between the advertising hoardings and where the terracing starts. 

For this game, it appears that Gorringe, who was in the ticket office dealing with the mass of complaining season ticket holders, alongside the club has decided to forgoe that "voluntarily" arrangement. Not sure if they will be in breach of any arrangement because of that, we will have to wait and see.

The Rovers ST also said Gorringe after so many disasters in the last year has been given 6 months notice as CEO, to be replaced by the Owner's son.

I think we all know how that usually pans out....🤔🙄

If this is true, then it’s remarkable. 

From my understanding, any walkways at the front of a stand are not be used for spectators, it’s not voluntary, I believe it’s FA Rules around ground safety that prevent it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

If this is true, then it’s remarkable. 

From my understanding, any walkways at the front of a stand are not be used for spectators, it’s not voluntary, I believe it’s FA Rules around ground safety that prevent it

Well that's what they're filling in (particularly on the east stand terrace).

On terraces, like in the seater stands, they have to technically have a "seat" as such to be allocated to. In that way Rovers can keep check on capacities. Each starnding terrace ST will be allocated a "seat".

All the "seats" were sold during the ticketing fiasco of the last few days. So they are creating additional "seats" to give to the existing STs whose "seats" had been sold.

All part of the wonderful Rover's creative archive. Alongside the South Stand and previous away disabled Supporter's stand. A photo that always brings a smile to my face.image.png.6b8d1a157dbd13d7bec3e571744bb155.png

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

On terraces, like in the seater stands, they have to technically have a "seat" as such to be allocated to. In that way Rovers can keep check on capacities. Each starnding terrace ST will be allocated a "seat".

All the "seats" were sold during the ticketing fiasco of the last few days. So they are creating additional "seats" to give to the existing STs whose "seats" had been sold.

All part of the wonderful Rover's creative archive. Alongside the South Stand and previous away disabled Supporter's stand. A photo that always brings a smile to my face.image.png.6b8d1a157dbd13d7bec3e571744bb155.png

Looks like a photo of Sangatte.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

When you award the contract to a 90 year old ex-chippie who hasn't touched a hammer for 25 years but wants to "keep his hand in".........................

In other ridiculous Rover's stadium news. Rather than knocking down the dilapidated East Stand. They plan to build stands on either side of it (???).

Then eventually take down all three and build a new larger stand in place of these three stands.

The mind boggles, it really does. Just when you think they couldn't cock things up more.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

In other ridiculous Rover's stadium news. Rather than knocking down the dilapidated East Stand. They plan to build stands on either side of it (???).

Then eventually take down all three and build a new larger stand in place of these three stands.

The mind boggles, it really does. Just when you think they couldn't cock things up more.

I haven't read their news but maybe this is some sort of ruse to get planning permission. Extend what is there, keep it low profile as an 'extension', then, once the footprint is established, apply for permission on the basis that it is only replacing new for old.

More pillars on the way then.

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Look at that picture. Absolute state of it. 

• Haha 2