IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

So they didn’t even fill it enough to reach their test event threshold?

Jesus wept 

Sub 7000 fans, absolutely massive.

Blue “half” of Bristol? Myth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

Gaschat is more amusing than usual at the moment, quite a few of them are having some significant doubts about the new owners who aren't just NOT spending money, but they're PRETENDING to spend money giving the impression that all is ticking along nicely whilst not delivering anything - safe in the knowledge that the DIY stand they can't fill must show how serious they are about doing stuff. 

I'm sure they'll kick a few signings over the line and make their squad more competitive, but if you were an agent, you'd be negotiating an 'avoiding relegation' bonus in to any contract rather than a promotion bonus.

My guess - 3 years from now, they'll still be lower league, the Mem will have had a few more licks of paints and the club will be knee-deep in 'ground development' borrowing with no obvious way out. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Isawjonshaw said:

Some folk I know who were sat in the away section of the new stand when a family of gas heads sat among them!  "Dad, I think we're in the wrong stand" was heard before they shuffled off!  

Brilliant.

Ok, I think we'd better mooove!

19 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

I will give credit to the fans that went last night given the conditions (and Exeter seemed to bring a fair few).

But for "the best fans in bristol" to get sub 7k is absolutely laughable. The cowshed was meant to bring fans not turn them away.

Credit? Well yes to a point, but around 3000 of them have disappeared when the going got tough, i.e. couldn't be bothered to walk up the road. While over 500 Exeter fans made a lot longer journey to see a team they haven't seen win away for months. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Sub 7000 fans, absolutely massive.

Blue “half” of Bristol? Myth.

Those revolting “quarter” shirts symbolise what they believe to be their share of the supporter base in Bristol.

But they need to be more honest with themselves and divide those grotesque colours into eighths (at the very best).

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

I will give credit to the fans that went last night given the conditions (and Exeter seemed to bring a fair few).

But for "the best fans in bristol" to get sub 7k is absolutely laughable. The cowshed was meant to bring fans not turn them away.

Give credit to the Exeter fans, absolutely…but most of the Gas live local.

I’ll wait until officially announced before laughing but if that’s the true figures it’s pathetic from a club who bang on and on about their supposedly huge, loyal fanbase.

Its ok though, I’m sure Oxford will fill their new stand for them.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Give credit to the Exeter fans, absolutely…but most of the Gas live local.

I’ll wait until officially announced before laughing but if that’s the true figures it’s pathetic from a club who bang on and on about their supposedly huge, loyal fanbase.

Living local to the Mem, I can assure you that 'most Gas live local' isn't true.

You see more kids wearing City shirts walking around Gloucester Road than you do kids in Fewer shirts. Same goes for the pubs. Granted, outside of a match-day none of the pubs in the area are overly 'football', mostly they're generic 'student friendly' places which may show Premier League games, but given they've played at Eastville, Bath and now the Mem, they're far more spread than they'd want to admit.

Locally, more people who like sport live give the impression that they'd rather see the Bears than the Fewers. 

• Like 3

Perhaps the owners are more savvy than Gas fans are crediting them with.

Unsure about just how much potential is there, they build a cheap stand but big enough to make a difference then sit back to see how many turn up.

If they fill it, then continue to expand. If not then no point in building more stands.

It is actually the reverse of the Costner film. If they don't turn up he won't build more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, bert tann said:

7468  ( 512 )

South Stand 62%

Isn't Rovers vs Exeter considered the be a bit of a west country derby? (in the same way City vs Plymouth is) I know you have a stronger rivalry against Oxford, Swindon and Newport (and Wycombe, is it?) - but surely a west country derby against Exeter should get a lot more than that!! Fair play to the 512 from Exeter though.

‘ The Owners Son is pulling all the strings - its almost as if Daddy has bought him a play thing and he is clueless , arrogant and rude to the staff - I am told from an absolute nailed on source that morale is very very low around the club ‘

Blimey , now I thought this was somebody talking about ‘Our Jon’ , .....until I came to the word arrogant and rude , I don’t think anyone could accuse him of being , even close to arrogant or rude , as far as I’ve seen

And at least ‘Our Jon’ has at least some experience in what is involved , and a Father who certainly has , whatever their decision making , and a father who actually is a billionaire

If what that SAG claims is true ....... good luck ! ...... Car crash en route

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Hmmm 1

38 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Living local to the Mem, I can assure you that 'most Gas live local' isn't true.

You see more kids wearing City shirts walking around Gloucester Road than you do kids in Fewer shirts. Same goes for the pubs. Granted, outside of a match-day none of the pubs in the area are overly 'football', mostly they're generic 'student friendly' places which may show Premier League games, but given they've played at Eastville, Bath and now the Mem, they're far more spread than they'd want to admit.

Locally, more people who like sport live give the impression that they'd rather see the Bears than the Fewers. 

Yep, I live around there too. Among my near neighbours, the only people who I know to have any interest in local football are another City season ticket holder (as am I), a lifelong Rovers fan who rarely attends games, and an exiled Crystal Palace fan from South London, who goes to watch the Rovers occasionally just to see a game. 

BS7 is (thankfully) not a gas heartland, if such a place even exists any more. 

We’ve got our own Massimo who turned up and made a mess of Leeds.

Everyone at the club knows it was Abdullatif who pulled the plug on the JCH deal, I was told this by an employee of Peterborough as well. 

11th December I said the owners son had stopped hotel accommodation for the Crewe away game and our management was upset……….prior to this I said we had no one to take training because Mangs and Whelan had walked out, Whelan did first. 

Abdullatif offered Robinson, Monk and promised Mangs the job, the latter is why Whelan downed tools, false promises. 

Finely comes out publicly to the media and says the manager needs help with his own team.

Matt Taylor had to beg and move heaven and earth to get Jamie McAllister in, he’s cheap as well! 

No Head of Media at the club, cut back on this wage. We’ve interviewed people from Div1 and 2 clubs, messed one individual around, we are talking proper minimum wage stuff and he said no!

Businesses asked to move to 90 days credit account terms, I know this for a fact. I knew this when I left the forum, I am glad Gasehead81 has exposed this now on the Chris Martin thread. 

Chris Martin protected himself last night, he has a wife and young family. Let’s not blame Gorringe again, he’s now a glorified PA.

Matt Taylor said he thought the deal was done, he’d have asked about Martin on Monday when preparing his side. Let’s not kid ourselves, he knows what is going on. That was a professional subtle dig last night, remember how DC did it, same situation.

Everything at the club, a pot of Nescafé or a new door handle has to be signed off by this new regime. 

Bridgwater Gas will come on and say I’m making it up again, Radio Bristol and Dan Hargreaves also know what is going on. 

I hope the media start to do their jobs properly, when statements are made about us going to the Premiership, simple questions need to be asked like, how? targets years? 

…………….”we may spend a little this window” on the way off his Premiership statement, alarm bells then. 24th Jan, nothing, manager publicly admitting he doesn’t know what is going on, we’ve got our own Cellino running the club now. (4 players left us as well this window)

BTW, banter/abuse about me posting again, don’t waste your energy, I just want Abdullatif Al Saeed to feel some pressure and to start running this club properly. Conteh was just about to sign, again his Cellino style has let in Ipswich, Blackpool and Peterborough now, we had the deal done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The turnover of players Barton got in and out was excessive. Unsustainable. Now the new guys don’t seem to be living up to expectations. 

I really hope it goes tits up for them. 

That was because every year he had to rebuild his squad as he relied on the loan market. It was quite a clever ploy by him, fill the squad with loan signings, then say 'I need 9 new players' - Wally lets him sign them, he then needs a dozen games to get them playing how he wants at which point they are mid-table enough that they couldn't justify sacking him based on team performance.

The fans seemed to love being a feeder club for various Premier League sides and assumed that 'Joey had the contacts', they overlooked the fact that to actually progress, you need experienced players alongside your own developing players and the odd loan signing. Not a squad with talented players who know they'll be going home at the end of the season. 

5 hours ago, bert tann said:

7468  ( 512 )

South Stand 62%

Fair shout for posting those figures Bert👍Serious question as you’re of the blue and white persuasion though.

I thought the fans were getting really excited about their first new stand in literally generations, so would have been clamouring to actually try it out.  How the hell after announcing it as a test event with the benefit of a local derby, then reducing ticket prices to try to get people in, do they still manage to fall so far short of the 75% minimum?

You always come across as sound as a pound when you come on here and are always welcome.  The following comments certainly don’t apply to you, but what you thoughts are on how that went so badly?

That stand debacle last night just typifies what I detest about gasheads in general.  Constantly bigging themselves up and telling anyone who’ll listen that they’re so much better than ‘da shit’ and are the loyalist and bestest fans in the world, then when they have to actually put up or shut up, they fail dismally like last night.

We constantly hear them claiming they take more fans away than City, or if they had a bigger ground, they’d pack them in.  How can they then fall so pathetically short of getting a small but brand new stand even 75% full in a test event in a local derby?

Your fans have shot themselves in the foot so many times over the years, but this one takes some beating.  As I said, absolutely no reflection on you but, as for your fanbase 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Robin 1