IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 minutes ago, CTIDhc said:

Anyone hear that radio Bristol interview from Taylor? Was very f****** damning for the state of that club 

Fair play to him, suggesting the team was not where certain persons claimed it was….basically….play offs, you’re having a laugh

7 hours ago, Pip King said:

Encouraging that he's already having a go at the fans

Some points spring to mind

1) "We need you for longer" - Could it possibly be that the self-styled "watch them from the pavements / best fans in the world" were actually just crap last night? 

2) Manager's usually go out of their way to praise fans, especially so travelling fans - so for him to make ANY negative comments to fans, which can turn out risky for a manager's future, he must have felt their support was FAR below expectations

3) He says the shirt "weighs heavily on the players" - he does realise they are Bristol rovers not Man Utd, Tottenham or Arsenal right? 🤣 They have exactly zero history so what is weighing on the players minds?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cityal said:

3) He says the shirt "weighs heavily on the players" - he does realise they are Bristol rovers not Man Utd, Tottenham or Arsenal right? 🤣 They have exactly zero history so what is weighing on the players minds?

I think he was referring to the poor quality kit which this season was made from recycled fake Fanta bottles.  In the rain it gets very heavy and was weighing the players down.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BS3City said:

So are the heavy shirts affecting their ability to play? 😳

**** me I've heard it all now!

The weight of expectation playing for the likes of Real Madrid, Man Utd, Bristol Rovers eh...

So full of their own self importance...

God help us if they are ever able to beat the likes of Fleetwood, Burton Exeter etc and actually make it to the Championship, we'll have to put up with this sort of nonsense, and worse, every week

• Admin
4 hours ago, BS3City said:

So are the heavy shirts affecting their ability to play? 😳

**** me I've heard it all now!

The weight of expectation playing for the likes of Real Madrid, Man Utd, Bristol Rovers eh...

So full of their own self importance...

I can see what he means, any sane person would clearly remove that ridiculous shirt, the only reason could be that it is too heavy to remove

5 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I think he was referring to the poor quality kit which this season was made from recycled fake Fanta bottles.  In the rain it gets very heavy and was weighing the players down.  

And is very hard to remove when you've got six fingers on each hand

Well, I am feeling generous today so first of all, a good win for them last night.

Secondly, giving those fans a telling off seems a bit odd - at least they were the ones that were there! Going 2 down won't have helped so the players need to take some blame if they were quiet.

As for heavy shirts, that will be the Bristol City stitching on the sleeves, made out of the heaviest thread we could find!

18 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Secondly, giving those fans a telling off seems a bit odd - at least they were the ones that were there! Going 2 down won't have helped so the players need to take some blame if they were quiet.

Or they could’ve been getting shit* from the fans** for being 2 down which might explain why Monotone Matt decided to go over and say what he said.

* louder grunting than usual.

** it’s what they do…

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Or they could’ve been getting shit* from the fans** for being 2 down which might explain why Monotone Matt decided to go over and say what he said.

* louder grunting and squealing than usual.

** it’s what they do…

*** maybe they were shouting 'why is our ground worse than this?'

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

* louder grunting than usual.

** it’s what they do…

Only 386 of them. Othered to attend. Surprised the manager could hear them. 

Alsaeed open letter to the Gash:

“The opening of the South Stand has demonstrably enhanced the match day atmosphere, serving as a mere glimpse of what is to come. Our ambitious vision is to expand the stadium's capacity to 16,000, creating a vibrant and intimidating fortress that will resonate with your unwavering support for our first team.”

😆😆😆😆😆

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I am a bit worried about the new stand.

If the club shirts 'weigh heavy' and the supporters are all wearing them, should the structural engineer redo his calculations?

Especially when they take the pillars away like some thick **** suggested was going to happen the other day

• Haha 1