IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

This is what the sponsors of yesterday's game were given by the club to commemorate their day. 

IMG_20171224_163403.jpg

At least they got 'sponsor' right, could've ended up being 'sponser' or 'spencer'....

....but my god, how embarrassing?!

And why the need to put the season 2017-2018? Surely the date would've been enough? Unless someone was playing Football Manager (or some such, i don't play computer games..!) and as well as getting the team name hopelessly wrong, also just put the time they were playing it....sad and lonely, in a room on their own, just before half 8!

#worsethantinpot

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I haven't, but if we do beat you anytime in my lifetime, you can pay for me to have one done commemorating the event :)

Gauntlet thrown, and duly accepted. I will happily fund said tattoo, I'll even throw in a beer or two beforehand. I reckon I've got a fair few years to save up :cool:. 

You seem like one of the good guys, and you give out (& take) some decent banter :clap:. Many happy returns for your birthday.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well it would appear that it's open season, a player has broken his silence about the state of of the pitch. Sounds like another transfer request to me.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-defender-lee-brown-972304

No point spending any more money on it, it only needs to last for another 3 months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, I'm Sparti-Bob said:

Gauntlet thrown, and duly accepted. I will happily fund said tattoo, I'll even throw in a beer or two beforehand. I reckon I've got a fair few years to save up :cool:. 

You seem like one of the good guys, and you give out (& take) some decent banter :clap:. Many happy returns for your birthday.

I might suggest this the safest bet you'll EVER make!

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

At least they got 'sponsor' right, could've ended up being 'sponser' or 'spencer'....

....but my god, how embarrassing?!

And why the need to put the season 2017-2018? Surely the date would've been enough? Unless someone was playing Football Manager (or some such, i don't play computer games..!) and as well as getting the team name hopelessly wrong, also just put the time they were playing it....sad and lonely, in a room on their own, just before half 8!

#worsethantinpot

Sponger would be appropriate.

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

And why the need to put the season 2017-2018? Surely the date would've been enough? 

#worsethantinpot

No doubt the date isn't put on because the match date may change when Sky decide once again to televise one of their matches
The engravers, sorry transfer sticker makers, have all angles covered, aside from the team names, obviously

9 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

This is what the sponsors of yesterday's game were given by the club to commemorate their day. 

IMG_20171224_163403.jpg

As it's the season of goodwill I will be honest enough to say that I like that. It's reminiscent of Bristol Blue glass and a few of those on a shelf would like decent.

I'd like to see us nab that idea.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

As it's the season of goodwill I will be honest enough to say that I like that. It's reminiscent of Bristol Blue glass and a few of those on a shelf would like decent.

I'd like to see us nab that idea.

Look closer....