IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was gonna say, when was the last time we took less than 1,000 to a London league game??

When was the last time that anyone can watch the game at home for a tenner, or for free, for all those with Sky..? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

When was the last time that anyone can watch the game at home for a tenner, or for free, for all those with Sky..? 

Er all our games that have been on Sky when in London? Pretty sure we took over 2k to QPR on a Thursday night years ago when it was on ITV digital. As others have said, we have a fair old number of fans in London. Be horrified if we can't take more than 1,000 to QPR. Here's hoping ?

17 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Took my 8 year old son for the first time today to watch the Glos T20 blast game against Surrey this afternoon, great win and a nice afternoon out. Went for a quiet pint after the game in an unnamed boozer on Gloucester road (lad wearing city shirt) and without going into detail was told by a group of Gasheads to cover the lad up or get a hiding!!  Who the **** acts like that? Not tarring them all with the same brush but FFS!! Ruined a great day out..

I feel for you there Redstoke, that couldn't have been a nice situation to find yourself in especially with your lad only being 8. You were in a no win situation and they knew it ******* scum. I'd like to have been there with my two mates Mr Right and Mr Left (all 6ft 1 and 17 stone of me) - I know fat barstad :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I feel for you there Redstoke, that couldn't have been a nice situation to find yourself in especially with your lad only being 8. You were in a no win situation and they knew it ******* scum. I'd like to have been there with my two mates Mr Right and Mr Left (all 6ft 1 and 17 stone of me) - I know fat barstad :laugh:

Typical gas, also got plenty to say when in numbers, I see they had another racist incident on a train earlier in the year according to the EP

Now we have a more professional administration that effectively say we will tell you stuff when it's a done deal...and fans don't like it!

Got to admit, I like these people and I'm glad they are running the club.

Totally agree. I think they run the club professionally. Just look at the staff we have behind DC and in the academy, such an improvement on pre-takeover times.

I also prefer to see us as a club that earns what it spends, rather than building up debts it can't afford. Which is what i believe Wael is trying to do.

laughable 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Er all our games that have been on Sky when in London? Pretty sure we took over 2k to QPR on a Thursday night years ago when it was on ITV digital. As others have said, we have a fair old number of fans in London. Be horrified if we can't take more than 1,000 to QPR. Here's hoping ?

As I said, I hope I’m wrong..! 

I cant think of many standard league, midweek London games that have been on TV. 

I’m not a fan of this new broadcasting rule, for this exact reason. I’ll gladly be subscribing though bctv for this one, as I’m away on holiday, but I hope it doesn’t deter too many from actually attending non weekend fixtures. 

We shall see...! 

41 minutes ago, B block said:

Now we have a more professional administration that effectively say we will tell you stuff when it's a done deal...and fans don't like it!

Got to admit, I like these people and I'm glad they are running the club.

Totally agree. I think they run the club professionally. Just look at the staff we have behind DC and in the academy, such an improvement on pre-takeover times.

I also prefer to see us as a club that earns what it spends, rather than building up debts it can't afford. Which is what i believe Wael is trying to do.

laughable 

So they haven't grasped that they already have debts that are secured on the ground, with the risk that carries?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Took my 8 year old son for the first time today to watch the Glos T20 blast game against Surrey this afternoon, great win and a nice afternoon out. Went for a quiet pint after the game in an unnamed boozer on Gloucester road (lad wearing city shirt) and without going into detail was told by a group of Gasheads to cover the lad up or get a hiding!!  Who the **** acts like that? Not tarring them all with the same brush but FFS!! Ruined a great day out..

Hiya pal, hope your son isn't too scarred by the situation and hope he continues to wear his City top with pride. 

19 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Hands on heart would any city fan be offended by a kid in a rovers shirt? Regardless of where you saw them, city heartlands bedminster,knowle Hartcliffe etc!! Ok take the mickey, but threaten violence??

I'm from South Bristol and a Rovers fan in a family full of you lot... If we were ever out in Bemmy I'd pretty much always wear my Rovers top as growing up I knew a fair amount of City fans and it was all friendly banter and I felt safe thinking the worst that could happen was a few piss take exchanges between each other, but when I was 13/14 I was started on along East St by 3 or 4 drunk men. I had family and family friends around so all was well but it was pretty scary at the time!

As I said, hope your boy continues to wear the shirt and that most Rovers fans will just have a bit of banter if he's wearing his shirt. Just arm him with a few pisstake lines about us and let him fire back and all will be well.

• Like 14

57 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Hiya pal, hope your son isn't too scarred by the situation and hope he continues to wear his City top with pride. 

I'm from South Bristol and a Rovers fan in a family full of you lot... If we were ever out in Bemmy I'd pretty much always wear my Rovers top as growing up I knew a fair amount of City fans and it was all friendly banter and I felt safe thinking the worst that could happen was a few piss take exchanges between each other, but when I was 13/14 I was started on along East St by 3 or 4 drunk men. I had family and family friends around so all was well but it was pretty scary at the time!

As I said, hope your boy continues to wear the shirt and that most Rovers fans will just have a bit of banter if he's wearing his shirt. Just arm him with a few pisstake lines about us and let him fire back and all will be well.

Please tell us WHY you chose the dark side ?

Edited by The Gasbuster

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just noticed that thankfully you are correct and we’ve already sold over 990 for this one, with over a week to go ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Dicks in blue and red it just seems your mob seems to be the more dickish at the moment 

I don’t get why people chose or abuse some one purely based on the wearing a football shirt

its not the 70’s and 80’s anymore some just need to grow up and stop being pathetic 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

So they haven't grasped that they already have debts that are secured on the ground, with the risk that carries?

Course they have but don't forget you have to apply GasLogic to anything they say. That way any negative is always seen as a positive. Come on me ol ChinaPig get with the programme. ?

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How about this for an inspiring speech...not exactly Churchill is he....

Like a Rabbit in the headlights. The nervous little laughs shouldn't inspire any confidence, that this man (however nice) knows anything at all about how to progress the club. At this point in the questioning, he should be saying things along the lines of, we've spoken to three different groups about stadium partnerships and it's all positive but, I cannot name those  groups. The stadium sites are all within 10 miles of our heartland.

On the training ground, we have been in discussion with the local authority about the plans and are working with them to provide the best facilities possible, which are acceptable to the authority and an application will follow shortly.

Instead, it's a nervous laugh and a waffle about reassuring people, which doesn't actually reassure anyone.

It would appear that he's trying to plod along with little financial resources at his disposal, other than the odd sale of a player and season ticket sales, because his family have told him, no more investment from us, find it from elsewhere. And he's hoping for a night in shining armour to turn up and rescue him from his personal commitment.

Long may this waffling continue.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How about this for an inspiring speech...not exactly Churchill is he....

Not legally correct to release the clubs plans to redevelop the club?

now I’ve heard everything,

rovers fans get your head out of the sand you’re being asset stripped loaded with debt soon you will be declared bankrupt and the family will come in take the land the mem is on and sell it for development 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

rovers fans get your head out of the sand you’re being asset stripped loaded with debt soon you will be declared bankrupt and the family will come in take the land the mem is on and sell it for development 

Shhhssssssss

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I thought the same. There’s no reason why he couldn’t say they’d employed architects to draw up some plans.

He used an awful lot of words but said absolutely nothing at all. Just vague uninspiring waffle.

• Like 2

As said previously, DS owns the training ground so they can disclose whatever they want to the fans. The bloke or his family are not doing a single thing, and I would bet whatever you want that there will be no training ground ready for next season (their own). 

I thought he was the man in charge (not the purse strings), if so why at the end "has the club been up for sale" - "no, not that I know of ha ha ha".

They are fooked

oh dear...............

I agree, saw the game in Saturday (North stand) and we heard the reason why the stands haven’t been finished is that they haven’t paid the contractors as the club doesn’t have the money & that Wael has had is accounts frozen. Pinch of salt needed but smoke and fire.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was gonna say, when was the last time we took less than 1,000 to a London league game??

Not sure on that one, but I do remember a very sparsely populated away end at The Bees for a Tuesday night league cup tie around the year 2000 - we lost 2-1 and it was absolutely p*ssing down - I only went because I was working in London at the time...

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Remember the LDV first round aaat at Barnet during Tins reign - think we lost 4-2 perhaps but still took circa 400-500.  Bloody dire time - bit of relecfion on where we are now! 

Great memory on the score, but it was a league cup match - August 2005 - Barnet 4 City 2 - but then just a few months later we went there under Gary Johnson in the LDV Vans trophy and got spanked again 3-2!