IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Went into Swindon tonight and .......there is a Circus at the STFC Car Park...how ******* appropriate. How long before our Gaseous friends do summat similar

I think they do, a couple of times each month on their playing field.... it's widely known about because it's witnessed by dozens of people each time... I don't think the clowns are very good though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Maybe it's best you stay away Miah....stick to Gloucester Rd with the degenerate Toby 'jugs...

A decent stadium with good facilities is clearly not for you..

Do you support the stadium or the team you grew up with?

I don’t understand the argument?

Both teams are perennial underachievers, yes it’s nice to have a great stadium but would you swap allegiance if the shoe were on the foot?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Never 

Exactly, so as much as we laugh at the tents etc we’d be the same and support the club.  

I can see that a higher league position and better facilities might sway a few new to football, but my family have supported City  since 1900 or so.  If they’d supported Rovers since then I’d be sat in a tent.

Just how it goes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Your team is your team though isn't it? Rovers may well be shite, but that has no bearing on my support for them and if we did go out of existence, Bristol City are the last team I would be going to support ! I will be down at your place v Stoke this season though (a work thing and I will be in the away end), so it will be my first chance to see Ashton Gate since the development., but whatever I think of it, I won't be switching sides :)

Good , we don't want you . 

:sad26:

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

would love the R*vers supporters club (AKA the Post) to interview the guys holding this fraud shoulder high. So how do you feel now then.
Mind you, if it carries on he could be carried down North street. All together now... "the gAss are going down" :clapping:

Wael-al-Quadi-celebrating-with-Rovers-fans.jpg

I thought I'll have a quick look on this thread and this is the first thing I saw, 

I am laughing out loud to myself ,  its been said many times but they are the gift that keep on giving and they have only themselves to blame.

Edited by bs3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RumRed said:

Do you support the stadium or the team you grew up with?

I don’t understand the argument?

Both teams are perennial underachievers, yes it’s nice to have a great stadium but would you swap allegiance if the shoe were on the foot?

I wouldn’t swap alliegance, no. 

But I might get to the point where the embarrassment of being associated with such a shit tip of a club, who treat their fans the way they do and the utter Mickey Mouse aspect of a bunch of complete no hopers, might put me off sticking with the club that I used to think I loved. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

How on earth would I know what the Horseshoe is ? If you had asked I'd have said a pub in Downend.

Really? You mean to say that you lot don't post pictures of the Gate all over Gaschat like we do pictures of the Mem? I haven't been to the Mem since the night Steve Phillips ........and yet I feel I know it intimately!

Seriously, the concourse that runs under all three home stands, hence the name. Get a look if you can (not sure how you get in with a ticket for the away end!) even you may be impressed! The fans village is outside, corner of the Lansdown and the South Stand, we provide helpful maps around the ground! 

You might even be tempted back for a game in the home stands! 

8 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

How on earth would I know what the Horseshoe is ? If you had asked I'd have said a pub in Downend.

Bless!

The “Horeseshoe” would be one way of describing the home section of the stadium, where our new 11,000 capacity West stand joins into our new 6,000 capacity South stand, which then joins into our refurbished 6,000 capacity East stand. 

Within these stands is a concourse running the length of the home sections, with hundreds of TV’s, numerous catering kiosks & bars, decked in historical Bristol City & other Bristol sporting reference. 

Outside of this area is the fan village, where there are numerous food outlets, bars, a live music stage & statue of club legend John Atyeo, and the entrance into our sports bar, which houses the largest indoor screen in the uk. 

Next to that area is where the new £100million expansion project for the new sports Arena, hotels & leisure park are earmarked. 

That “Horseshoe”...! 

Oh, fingers crossed that these high winds haven’t caused any disruption to your new stands...! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Every day when you read this thread it underlines just how lucky we are.

The two clubs are poles apart. There is nothing in common apart from the word Bristol.

It is utterly shambolic the way they are run and I cannot see any future for them other than starting again as a Phoenix club and relocating to Twerton Park (If they'll have them) such is the continuing debt their riddle me owners are piling onto their one and only down trodden asset.

Oh well, never mind ????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swede said:

Every day when you read this thread it underlines just how lucky we are.

The two clubs are poles apart. There is nothing in common apart from the word Bristol.

It is utterly shambolic the way they are run and I cannot see any future for them other than starting again as a Phoenix club and relocating to Twerton Park (If they'll have them) 

Sounds like a franchise to me..! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Really? You mean to say that you lot don't post pictures of the Gate all over Gaschat like we do pictures of the Mem? I haven't been to the Mem since the night Steve Phillips ........and yet I feel I know it intimately!

Seriously, the concourse that runs under all three home stands, hence the name. Get a look if you can (not sure how you get in with a ticket for the away end!) even you may be impressed! The fans village is outside, corner of the Lansdown and the South Stand, we provide helpful maps around the ground! 

You might even be tempted back for a game in the home stands! 

Ah right, we have something similar at the Mem, it's called the car park, it has several portacabins some of which you can buy scarves & rossettes in and once you walk through the 'car park' you can go through the turnstiles where we have 'pasty huts'. Please don't let the name mislead you though, these 'pasty huts' don't only sell pasties, they do pies and sausage rolls as well :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Ah right, we have something similar at the Mem, it's called the car park, it has several portacabins some of which you can buy scarves & rossettes in and once you walk through the 'car park' you can go through the turnstiles where we have 'pasty huts'. Please don't let the name mislead you though, these 'pasty huts' don't only sell pasties, they do pies and sausage rolls as well :)

And, with the festive season fast approaching, will Santas Grotto be putting in an appearance again?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bless!

The “Horeseshoe” would be one way of describing the home section of the stadium, where our new 11,000 capacity West stand joins into our new 6,000 capacity South stand, which then joins into our refurbished 6,000 capacity East stand. 

Within these stands is a concourse running the length of the home sections, with hundreds of TV’s, numerous catering kiosks & bars, decked in historical Bristol City & other Bristol sporting reference. 

Outside of this area is the fan village, where there are numerous food outlets, bars, a live music stage & statue of club legend John Atyeo, and the entrance into our sports bar, which houses the largest indoor screen in the uk. 

Next to that area is where the new £100million expansion project for the new sports Arena, hotels & leisure park are earmarked. 

That “Horseshoe”...! 

Oh, fingers crossed that these high winds haven’t caused any disruption to your new stands...! 

And I don't think the Downend one has even got a skittle alley anymore !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Show off :whistle:

• Like 1

#mindthegap

Finally you've got one over on us Miah. We stopped selling rosettes back in the 60's but it's good that your lot are taking the lead on stocking retro football memorabilia. Oh and old crisps.