IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

47 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I can't see them being around for that much longer, at least not as a full time pro club anyhow.

The wider the gap gets, the weaker they become, it can't be sustainable. In today's market, there is not enough finance for 2 clubs to survive in Bristol, it's not like any other 2 club City/Town, its not a footballing area. I think non league will suit them just fine.

Becomes even more difficult when you see how the rugby is growing year on year and newer spectator sports like the basketball selling out every week.

I'm sure Rovers will survive, but what level they find themselves at is impossible to say. If they go down this season then they are in some real trouble.

19 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

would love the R*vers supporters club (AKA the Post) to interview the guys holding this fraud shoulder high. So how do you feel now then.
Mind you, if it carries on he could be carried down North street. All together now... "the gAss are going down" :clapping:

Wael-al-Quadi-celebrating-with-Rovers-fans.jpg

For all those that were there the anticipation and jubilation must have been like pulling a really hot bird then getting back to her place to find out it was a Chick with a Dick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Not quite what you expect I'm afraid. A moan about those ruddy pidgeons that sit above us in the West Stand near the players entrance. Quite a number of us have had to suffer being targets for these birds which might be considered funny. However when you are splattered might a case of health be considered. Clearly some form of netting to prevent them perching would help. I have contacted the club a week ago. They responded they would get back to me but heard nothing since.
Trivial attachment I know and now waiting for the comedians to respond.

taken from gas chat looks like it's not only the owners that s--- on them 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hang on! Seriously.... it’s hard to tell with the quality of that picture resolution... but have they spelt their own managers name wrong...?! 

Give them some credit, at least it's blue and white.....imagine if they'd written it in red? It's them gert teds, they'd have bleated....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m serious though... have they missed the “e” off of his name..?

The photo is crap but I saved it to my phone and messed around in Photoshop express. It looks like there is an e there. It's poorly written (which is hardly surprising given their past sign writing "expertise") but I don't think even they'd manage to spell his name wrong tbf.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

A large bottle of Glenmorangie, a crate of Guinness, £500 in used notes and a personal written apology form Chris Garland for that header may loosen my lips.

Can anyone find any footage of that Chris Garland header...I think it was the 6-1 victory back in the eighties....possibly Anglo Scottish cup or something. That must rate right up with the best piss takes ever...even better than the Matty Taylor transfer.

Sorry Miah, but you've rekindled a great memory mentioning that.

Edited by onehowie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, onehowie said:

Can anyone find any footage of that Chris Garland header...I think it was the 6-1 victory back in the eighties....possibly Anglo Scottish cup or something. That must rate right up with the best piss takes ever...even better than the Matty Taylor transfer.

Sorry Miah, but you've rekindled a great memory mentioning that.

It was indeed the Anglo Scottish (I'd love to see that competition come back!) We went 1 nil up as well I think. Must have been 70s though surely?