IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Betfred are the worst bookmakers on the High Street, if there is a chance of not paying out and voiding a bet they will. Generally not the cashiers fault though, as they rarely employ anyone who know the rules (all bookmakers are the same). The main issue is the owner is just a man with no conscience whatsoever, and he passes that down the chain.

My main issue is they void many bets but no customer gets to know about them until they go to pick up the winnings, any other bets that are voided never gets a mention to the customer who thinks they have 'lost' - they won't get told and the money will just get kept by the bookmaker.

On 16/12/2018 at 19:52, alexukhc said:

Who’s this legend at the darts?

excuse poor quality am at work

A4DF15F0-9332-457E-ACAB-F22C3B714B95.jpeg

Don't know if it's fair to post his real name in here but he's there every year in what seams the same spot. I know one of his mates posts on here and has some connection to ex players. Both lads play local footie at Wick (currently) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

Don't know if it's fair to post his real name in here but he's there every year in what seams the same spot. I know one of his mates posts on here and has some connection to ex players. Both lads play local footie at Wick (currently) 

Correct indeed, he’s one of my best mates and was best man at my wedding. He’s there every year as you say, he did text me whilst there asking what else could he put up but wasn’t on my game and couldn’t think of anything :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

"Following sending some of your messages to DC i have this morning received this reply :-

Hi Marc,

Just want to say thanks personally for your support you have given me, Really appreciated your emails and you like many others are what makes Bristol Rovers fans in need of special care and a club I wanted to do so well for despite being a shite manager.

Last few days have been horrible and it’s going to take plenty of time to get over it but I wish you and the club nothing but success in the future. Woof woof!

Take care

Darrell &
?"

That thread is pure comedy gold. They`re all in a mess over a meaningless message and the way they`re turning on anyone who dares to suggest that they should stop being such a bunch of bedwetters is priceless. Predictably, one has been called a shithead for not wailing and gnashing his teeth enough.

Echo chamber doesn`t begin to cover it.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:16, Miah Dennehy said:

Before he went, I was staying stick with him, simply because it's all very well saying sack someone, but if you don't have a plan to replace them (or money to help out the new bloke) then I couldn't see the point of getting rid, but looking back, as many others have said, his recent interviews he was pretty much saying he had run out of ideas of how to improve things without financial backing, so I think it was all sadly inevitable.

Whether someone else can save us from the drop I don't know, we played okay yesterday, but believe it or not, in a lot of the recent defeats we have been a bit unlucky, as you do tend to be when you're down at the bottom. At the start of the season, I had a £5 double on Rovers and City getting relegated, sadly for me it look's like I may be getting it only half right!

Regardless of your poor betting. You and your family have a great Christmas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I love the outpouring of grief regarding that letter from Clarke.

And the convenient way the fewers overlook the fact he had about a fifth of a season to keep them up, and the only time they ended up in the relegation zone was the last 30 minutes of the last game.

BUT IT WASN'T HIS FAULT.

Idiots.

Although to be fair, a fifth of a season is about 6 weeks....not a lot of time...

12 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Anyone think Dopey will end up at Reading?

No, he was binned off because he's a gobshite who publicly slagged off his employers when he failed to get results.

I can't imagine any club would be so hard up they employ him unless they need someone to park the coaching staffs cars.

2 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

No, he was binned off because he's a gobshite who publicly slagged off his employers when he failed to get results.

I can't imagine any club would be so hard up they employ him unless they need someone to park the coaching staffs cars.

... or walk their dogs (what a difference one letter makes).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wood_red said:

Betfred are the worst bookmakers on the High Street, if there is a chance of not paying out and voiding a bet they will. Generally not the cashiers fault though, as they rarely employ anyone who know the rules (all bookmakers are the same). The main issue is the owner is just a man with no conscience whatsoever, and he passes that down the chain.

My main issue is they void many bets but no customer gets to know about them until they go to pick up the winnings, any other bets that are voided never gets a mention to the customer who thinks they have 'lost' - they won't get told and the money will just get kept by the bookmaker.

Agreed, I had a tenner on a dog which won and when I went to collect she said the bet was void because I put it on too late!! I would of been none the wiser if it lost and would of thrown the ticket away, I was in a no win situation, both situation I have quoted happened in the Bet Fred in Broadmead, miserable bar stewards, (don’t even get me started on the miserable Bet Fred staff at Knowle, luckily there’s a William Hill around the corner)

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Agreed, I had a tenner on a dog which won and when I went to collect she said the bet was void because I put it on too late!! I would of been none the wiser if it lost and would of thrown the ticket away, I was in a no win situation, both situation I have quoted happened in the Bet Fred in Broadmead, miserable bar stewards, (don’t even get me started on the miserable Bet Fred staff at Knowle, luckily there’s a William Hill around the corner)

I’m in Basingstoke so can’t talk for other shops

This guy ain't wrong, mind...(well...besides his spelling!

"My memory of cotterall, are the shocking interviews near the end of his reign at City. Blaming everybody but himself, extremely rude and uncomfortable even for a Rovers fan who should have been amused. 

May well be a good choice to avoid relegation, but that would mean an extension to his contract before abusing all and sundry. 

Don't want him near the club 

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7920/steve-cotterill-rag-bag-rovers#ixzz5a2D4H2ZO"

And this just sums Rovers up: 

Cotterill did a great job and cheltenham,he also kept a relegation threatened city in league one and the next season won league one at a canter.
He also likes direct football which wouldn't bother me at all as it beats tapping it around at the back any day of the week.
Hes not articulate in interviews but who gives a stuff about that?

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7920/steve-cotterill-rag-bag-rovers#ixzz5a2EikWlR

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

And this just sums Rovers up: 

Cotterill did a great job and cheltenham,he also kept a relegation threatened city in league one and the next season won league one at a canter.
He also likes direct football which wouldn't bother me at all as it beats tapping it around at the back any day of the week.
Hes not articulate in interviews but who gives a stuff about that?

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7920/steve-cotterill-rag-bag-rovers#ixzz5a2EikWlR

Pretty sure we played the exact opposite of this under Cotterill :laugh:

• Like 2