IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You missed a few - Gary Waddock, Dennis Bailey, Andy Tillson, Steve Yates.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkmeian965E  

Justin Channing. I can understand why you may have forgotten him, scroll along to 2 minutes 10 seconds and it might ring a bell :)

Edited by Miah Dennehy

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Justin Channing. I can understand why you may have forgotten him, scroll along to 2 minutes 10 seconds and it might ring a bell :)

I hope those highlights weren’t displayed by date order. Otherwise it must have taken hours of scrolling to find that little gem. 

Does it upset you, to think of the days that you used to play in such (relatively) plus surroundings..? 

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I was stood behind the goal right in line when Channing took that swing. A couple of us were screaming at Elvis to move as it was clearly going into the top corner! He obvs didn't hear us!

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Then he got lucky and joined Mangos !

Got even luckier and played in the Somerset league 2nd division, I think it was for Banwell or somewhere down that way, he was way past it by then and you would never of guessed he was an ex professional footballer

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I was so ******* angry after that game that I didn't dare drive home (there would have been fatalities, for sure !). I let a 17 year old drive the four of us back home in my car !

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Heres a intresting one.

Darren peacock ex qpr think he was some sort of transfer record at the time?

Gas released him. He was a hartcliffer too from up teyfant way ive been told,

I think Marcus’s  Browning & Stewart were part of the  Hartcliffe Mafia

6 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

I was so ******* angry after that game that I didn't dare drive home (there would have been fatalities, for sure !). I let a 17 year old drive the four of us back home in my car !

Believe it or not I actually bet the 4-0 at 66/1! I can't ever see me placing that bet again! I bought Jock a couple of pints in the bar after as he cleared one off the line which kept my money safe :) Watch the start of the video to see a Gerry Harrison challenge that would have earned him a red nowadays.

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Believe it or not I actually bet the 4-0 at 66/1! I can't ever see me placing that bet again! I bought Jock a couple of pints in the bar after as he cleared one off the line which kept my money safe :) Watch the start of the video to see a Gerry Harrison challenge that would have earned him a red nowadays.

Just imagine if you’d have won that bet now... you’d probably be able to afford to buy the whole club..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4