IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Peeing down with rain, 500 mile round trip for the away fans, 3 defeats in the last 4, plus the fact you actually have to watch Roverzzzzzzz.

6500, tops.

Peeing down with rain, 5 mile round trip for the home fans, 3 defeats in the last 4, plus the fact that you actually have to watch Roverzzzzzzz.

6500 tops.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Peeing down with rain, 5 mile round trip for the home fans, 3 defeats in the last 4, plus the fact that you actually have to watch Roverzzzzzzz.

6500 tops.

Big reality check for the Jordanian tonight. Crap ground looking worse at night, wet, two crap teams no away fans, well under a sell out. Your jobs a toughie son. 

(As for the video shop. Racking my brains can't remember. Was members of it once too.)

2 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Is Banjo Island an island?

Mostly known for its location (interacting with actual locals) role in the famous 1970"s film Deliverance.

Dualing Banjos was the most noted scene, the young almost bald kid actually lived on Banjo Island and is still a local to this day (infact if you look closely at the coach party photo you will probably spot him and a few of his inbred relatives) that deaf dumb and Gashead sure plays a mean banjo though!  

3 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Actually if you want to be pedantic, it's in south gloucestershire.

But it's north enough for me.

It's not being pedantic.....its basic geography!

And let's not start this whole south glos/Bristol/north-south of the river b0llocks......its all "greater Bristol" and the days of city in the south and rovers in the east are long gone. Bcfc in particular pull support from all over the city and surrounding areas.....just probably not that many in banjo island!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

It's not being pedantic.....its basic geography!

And let's not start this whole south glos/Bristol/north-south of the river b0llocks......its all "greater Bristol" and the days of city in the south and rovers in the east are long gone. Bcfc in particular pull support from all over the city and surrounding areas.....just probably not that many in banjo island!

Thank you! As someone from North Bristol, with strong South Bristol Roots (both grandmothers born and bred in BS3) I find it boring. We're Bristol City, not Bristol South End any more.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Super said:

"There's a chance that Al Qadi could be in attendance tonight when the Pirates take on Hartlepool at the Memorial Stadium" ... or he may not.

Once again, The Post states the 'kin obvious. Newspaper? My arse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"There's a chance that Al Qadi could be in attendance tonight when the Pirates take on Hartlepool at the Memorial Stadium" ... or he may not.

Once again, The Post states the 'kin obvious. Newspaper? My arse.

Norwich v Chelsea 7.45

Hmmm decisions decisions :juggle:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Super said:

They local media really want to believe it don't they? Why don't they do their jobs and actually find out before they report things, or is that asking too much?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

Hallen vs longwell green sports is mtwoy match choice tonight....
better than both of the above

Strike a light, I'm torn between two myself, cant decide between Englands Glory or Swan Vestas.

The queue behind me in Tesco is getting a bit restless now too, I just dont know...

'Ah, bugger the matches luv, gimme one of them cheap lighters and a two quid scratch off..'

.....'Oh no, this is a gas lighter innit? sod that, give us me money back, I'll buy a Zippo up the road.'

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Mostly known for its location (interacting with actual locals) role in the famous 1970"s film Deliverance.

Dualing Banjos was the most noted scene, the young almost bald kid actually lived on Banjo Island and is still a local to this day (infact if you look closely at the coach party photo you will probably spot him and a few of his inbred relatives) that deaf dumb and Gashead sure plays a mean banjo though!  

If i'm not mistaken there is only one banjo and one guitar so not actually duelling banjos .

i am deeply traumatised by this cruel lie and claim compensation for injury to my person from Mr Kim Ill Sung .

Dictators deceiving the people once again . :disapointed2se:

4 hours ago, Super said:

Reminds me of the antics of another Billionaire football owner in the North East a few years ago....

That went well didn't it...?

The fallout from this house of cards being built by the comedy club is going to be priceless.

Sit back and watch it all go to s**t.

:cool:

• Like 2

A billionaire Dane rumoured to be looking at Notts County. Wonder if he's a real one? Wonder if Notts County remember what happened last time? Wonder if Rovers are not to be the 'richest' club in League Two.... if so, 'Pop'.

___

League One?:facepalm::facepalm:

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They wish...

I feel suitably embarrassed.

Not as embarrassed as they must've felt being relegated from League Two though :D 

13 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I see in the comments section he's referred to as a "breath of fresh air" - that'll be Sheik n Vac then.. i'll get me coat......

As well as the "like" option, I wish there was a Dick Emery option I could tick - i e You are awful, but I like you. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 29AR said:

A billionaire Dane rumoured to be looking at Notts County. Wonder if he's a real one? Wonder if Notts County remember what happened last time? Wonder if Rovers are not to be the 'richest' club in League Two.... if so, 'Pop'.

___

Oh if only the Danes had bought the Sags...

Too many **** (Canute..bloody swear filter!!) jokes to think of!

Edited by Charliesboots

37 minutes ago, 29AR said:

___

Rovers owner can only dream of buying a club with a stadium like Meadow Lane.