IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, samo II said:

But you're still in League Two, are you not?

It really is pretty petty that this is what gets you slithering out of your hole.

And as Mr O H says; if you really want to show off about how many fans turn up, perhaps look a little closer to home before getting smug, otherwise you highlight a significant disparity there.

League 2 and still constantly taking more away to grubbier places than you take?

13 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Can't get 5 digits at home can you?

You talk about how we talk about away attendances a lot, but it's only because you talk about home attendances. I wouldn't expect any different though, you do need to have some bragging rights.

I'll leave you all to mourn over the fact you lost against your rivals today x

19 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Sorry, probably couldn't get over the fact that our hugely supported neighbours yet again failed to take less than us to a similar distanced game.

Nope. Just another game where we take 4 digits. How many times you done that this season?

8 times so far, soon to be 9 when we take 4k to Fulham next week.

Is that your only victory over the City, a couple more fans to Nottingham? :blink:

Desperation. 

Edited by Dark Wood Covert

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

League 2 and still constantly taking more away to grubbier places than you take?

You talk about how we talk about away attendances a lot, but it's only because you talk about home attendances. I wouldn't expect any different though, you do need to have some bragging rights.

Please put a detailed list of your away support this season on here.

Or a link to where they are. 

9 minutes ago, samo II said:

But you're still in League Two, are you not?

It really is pretty petty that this is what gets you slithering out of your hole.

And as Mr O H says; if you really want to show off about how many fans turn up, perhaps look a little closer to home before getting smug, otherwise you highlight a significant disparity there.

A visit to a bigger ground to see a bigger team is always going to be attractive, the fans will make the effort.

Us? We only played Forest.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

You do talk about away attendances a lot, in fact it's all you talk about.

The only bragging rights we have is larger attendances.....and more Derby wins (when you actually manage to get into the same division as us).....oh, we've never been Non League.....I could go on.

No wonder so many of our younger fans look towards Cardiff for proper on field rivalry.

Still, well done on your 'invasion'.....very impressive :whistle:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Glad you acknowledge you're still in a league in which Titans of English football such as Accrington Stanley sit above you, and a clear division below us - you could take 5k to every away match for all I care; I'd prefer to be a Championship team.  Mind the gap.

And as others have pointed out; we do pretty well in away attendance too, while making you look like the small time outfit you are in home attendance - again; preferable situation for me.  

Next year we'll have the capacity to improve on that and expand our regular support, while you may still be battling with giants such as Morecambe - I'm really not sure why any City fan would have any reason to either be jealous or envious of you.  

And you're right; I do see Cardiff (recent premier league side, pushing for playoffs in the championship) as more suitable rivals to our club than some recent non-league side who are in the bottom division who are more concerned about away attendances than anyone in their right mind should be.

Shame you let Bristol football down so much by not offering us anything resembling decent competition, so much so we have to look abroad for real rivals.

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It's almost like they want us to point out that they haven't had average attendances above 10,000 for 40 years...even when we were in the same division with similar size grounds. They take about 100 more to Nottingham when they're challenging for promotion and they all start masterbating :blink:

Masturbating, Rovers take a lead knowing how to spell 'wanking' properly. Cue easy tap ins for City fans to post 'well you would know how to spell that wouldn't you'

Anyway, may I - for once-take a second to gloat. For nearly 30 years I have bet Rovers to win 2-0 and City to lose 2-0 in a 'double'. When I began this bet, I thought to myself 'well that's bound to happen a couple of times a season' After a couple of years of betting it, Rovers beat Middlesbrough 2-0 at Twerton and City were losing 2-0 at Oldham in injury time, when Rob Newman got a late consolation and ****** up my bet. A few years back, you lost 2-0 on a Saturday, and our game against Charlton was played on the Monday, you did your bit by losing 2-0, and Rovers held on to a 2-0 lead until the 6h minute of injury time, when Charlton scored. But today- FINALLY- the 2-0 double has paid off, and I am £150 richer :):) 

I would like to say thank you to my family and friends, and all those who have stood by me during this trying period. The relegations, the tears, the constantly getting locked out of away grounds has all been worth it, just to finally get one over on the bastard bookies.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Masturbating, Rovers take a lead knowing how to spell 'wanking' properly. Cue easy tap ins for City fans to post 'well you would know how to spell that wouldn't you'

Anyway, may I - for once-take a second to gloat. For nearly 30 years I have bet Rovers to win 2-0 and City to lose 2-0 in a 'double'. When I began this bet, I thought to myself 'well that's bound to happen a couple of times a season' After a couple of years of betting it, Rovers beat Middlesbrough 2-0 at Twerton and City were losing 2-0 at Oldham in injury time, when Rob Newman got a late consolation and ****** up my bet. A few years back, you lost 2-0 on a Saturday, and our game against Charlton was played on the Monday, you did your bit by losing 2-0, and Rovers held on to a 2-0 lead until the 6h minute of injury time, when Charlton scored. But today- FINALLY- the 2-0 double has paid off, and I am £150 richer :):) 

I would like to say thank you to my family and friends, and all those who have stood by me during this trying period. The relegations, the tears, the constantly getting locked out of away grounds has all been worth it, just to finally get one over on the bastard bookies.

I didn't think wanking would be allowed Miah :gasmask:

edit...cue easy tap ins for Gasheads to say "well, this is OTIB"

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Double wanking post!

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

48 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Since when have you had a better away following? 

What have I missed? 

A sag comes over here with the same old chestnut. The same tedious,boring and quite desperate we took 100 more than you did. Really!.  Sorry but didn't we have approximately 7000 more at our last home game for comparison?. Brilliant they have a good away following. Whippidy-Do!!!

They do win in the barrel scraping department. Congratulations to them for that because this is just that Desperation.

Do you honestly think Arsenal fans troll the Spurs forum with the same drivel?

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Since when have you had a better away following? 

What have I missed? 

You haven't. What you've missed is that in one weekend they took more to Nottingham than we did the week before; notwithstanding in recent weeks we've forked out for 6 pointer away games at Charlton, MK and Fulham upcoming, so naturally Nottingham was not on our agenda. 

Dont worry, I find it easier to just laugh at the stupidity and lack of mental reasoning. 

3 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

A sag comes over here with the same old chestnut. The same tedious,boring and quite desperate we took 100 more than you did. Really!.  Sorry but didn't we have approximately 7000 more at our last home game for comparison?. Brilliant they have a good away following. Whippidy-Do!!!

They do win in the barrel scraping department. Congratulations to them for that because this is just that Desperation.

Do you honestly think Arsenal fans troll the Spurs forum with the same drivel?

Without going through the thread...are they comparing our away support to Forest with their support to County? 

What a ridiculous  comparison.

Football these days is expensive.  Forest come sandwiched in the middle of some real.humdingers for us. Look at Charlton,  MK and next week's attendances 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You haven't. What you've missed is that in one weekend they took more to Nottingham than we did the week before; notwithstanding in recent weeks we've forked out for 6 pointer away games at Charlton, MK and Fulham upcoming, so naturally Nottingham was not on our agenda. 

Dont worry, I find it easier to just laugh at the stupidity and lack of mental reasoning. 

Haha just literally posted the same thing.

I've never known a club with so many deluded buffoons 

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Without going through the thread...are they comparing our away support to Forest with their support to County? 

What a ridiculous  comparison.

Football these days is expensive.  Forest come sandwiched in the middle of some real.humdingers for us. Look at Charlton,  MK and next week's attendances 

Your right it is a stupid comparison. A million variables could affect attendances. Another factor lost in their blind delusion.

18 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Haha just literally posted the same thing.

I've never known a club with so many deluded buffoons 

To only top by 100 in all the circumstances is embarrassing on their part I reckon. 

1 hour ago, Miahdennehy said:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!...........You had a £1 double.

I'm impressed.

On 2/20/2016 at 14:47, Southstandoriginal said:
48 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Your right it is a stupid comparison. A million variables could affect attendances. Another factor lost in their blind delusion.

What disturbs me most is the fact that a Bristol City fan lives on the same road as I do.... thought Hartcliffe and similarly undesirable areas were more your  thing...

That's a good following for Rovers today, credit where it's due. But not as good as Pompey at Stevenage (about half the 4,092 crowd, apparently), Luton at Orient (1400) or Oxford at Plymouth (1300) and Oxford had quite a bit further to travel than Rovers. So, not quite the "biggest" yet in L2, and a bit of catching up there for Rovers to do. 

Edited by Jack Dawe
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

That's a good following for Rovers today, credit where it's due. But not as good as Pompey at Stevenage (about half the 4,092 crowd, apparently), Luton at Orient (1400) or Oxford at Plymouth (1300) and Oxford had quite a bit further to travel than Rovers. So, not quite the "biggest" in L2, and a bit of catching up there for Rovers to do. 

Don`t you go shattering their delusions with your damned facts!

Cotham / Kingsdown (where I live. I don't actually live on Cotham Brow itself) is very much neutral to both Bristol clubs. Neither red or blue. Purple if you like. In fact your more likely to see students supporting Barca and RealM around here. Another fallacy contrived by our blue neighbours is all of Bristol north of the cut is somehow Gas. And to be balanced not the entirety of south of the river is necessarily city. It's mainly fishponds and east of that plus kingswood, Cadbury heath, etc that is Rovers territory if you like. Just walk around Glossy Rd south of the Anchor when there at home and your more likely to spot way support than that of the blue / white.