IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If I were them I'd be more than a little concerned. Has he revealed his stadium plan yet? Recruitment policy? Academy funding and development plan or anything else with any substance?

You would assume that all of these things helped him come up with a value he placed on the basement boys, so it's surprising he hasn't gone public with his vision.

Unless of course, he isn't actually a billionaire and buying Rovers was the cheaper alternative to paying for a monthly Sky Sports subscription.

Of course he has....He has laid out quite clearly that he has a plan for a stadium and they will recruit and will definitely fund and plan academy development.

What more do you want?  Details of how this will be achieved?  Silly, silly boy....they just trust the word of their humble gazillionaire...after all....why would he lie...?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I can see this lot going up this season! Could they be the best team in the south west next season?! i think they could be. 

Forgotten about the 1999-2000 season have ye? 

32 minutes ago, Super said:

Was it a sell out last night?

They don't do sell outs (unless they need a new owner), they do lock outs.

The figure you see in the paper next to where the attendance is usually listed is actually the number of loyal gasheads who turned up but were unable to get in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

You know what? I'd totally forgotten that they suffered the massive embarrassment of getting relegated to the Conference.....

ha, joke....that will never happen :rofl2br:

The Bristol Post have decided to tell the story of NLBR over three articles.

I wouldn't normally encourage anyone to go to The Post website, but for this you should make an exception.

When some player none of us have ever heard of says how they got pushed about on the pitch by the family fans and gets to the dressing room to find the door kicked in and another player in tears, you'll put up with the Post adverts!

• Like 2

WOW........Will this come back to haunt him ?............."we now have a top, class young manager on the verge of securing us back to back promotions, a group of players who are proud to wear the shirt, 2 well respected gas legends in Stewart and Yates on our coaching staff, new wealthy owners and new directors who will deliver us a "World Class" stadium, and a real feel good factor around the club. In a few months time the Bristol derby may well be back, how embarrassing that will be for our obsessed red friends. Up The Gas! And see you soon

4 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

WOW........Will this come back to haunt him ?............."we now have a top, class young manager on the verge of securing us back to back promotions, a group of players who are proud to wear the shirt, 2 well respected gas legends in Stewart and Yates on our coaching staff, new wealthy owners and new directors who will deliver us a "World Class" stadium, and a real feel good factor around the club. In a few months time the Bristol derby may well be back, how embarrassing that will be for our obsessed red friends. Up The Gas! And see you soon

WOW........Will this come back to haunt him ?............."

Have to say I hate these over the top predictions

If it happens I will love it, obviously  but currently I am cautiously optimistic.

18 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Yet they STILL can't sell out their two tented stadium.. me ****ing sides :laugh:

I see they were trying to get 8,000 fans to prove us shitheads wrong..  Not even close.. :laugh::laugh:

Edited by Iron Man

23 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

I like the way some of them, like this fella you quoted, are almost proud of the fact that City fans would be embarrassed to be in the same division as them...it's like their saying "we KNOW how shit we are" :rofl2br:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I like the way some of them, like this fella you quoted, are almost proud of the fact that City fans would be embarrassed to be in the same division as them...it's like their saying "we KNOW how shit we are" :rofl2br:

Spending £70 million for a place in league 1 playing Rovers isn't embarrassing at all, what do you mean

Edited by Weezord
  • Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 23:22, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why would anyone "admit" something that's clearly incorrect? If they consistently take double the number of fans to away matches that would be far superior...if they regularly take a few more fans to away matches that would be superior.

They do neither.

Re the shirt raffle (I was trying to quote Bristol Rob and Lenred, but the quote thing isn't working properly for me atm) . Rovers have gone ahead with this, as tickets had already been sold ( I have bought one last season, and have again this time), I would imagine it won't go ahead next time- although that is purely conjecture on my part. You can take the piss out of the raffle all you want- and I'm sure you will continue to do so- but I think I'm right in saying it raised around £70k last year- which is decent for a club in our current circumstances- and it also gives a great chance for local businesses to be involved. I have heard Rovers fans slag off the draw as tinpot, and obviously City fans have done the same, I can put my hand on my heart and say- as long as the financial deal for the club is a good one, then  I would much rather see Rovers sponsored by a local business with an interest in the club, rather than by a larger company trying to 'buy into' football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Re the shirt raffle (I was trying to quote Bristol Rob and Lenred, but the quote thing isn't working properly for me atm) . Rovers have gone ahead with this, as tickets had already been sold ( I have bought one last season, and have again this time), I would imagine it won't go ahead next time- although that is purely conjecture on my part. You can take the piss out of the raffle all you want- and I'm sure you will continue to do so- but I think I'm right in saying it raised around £70k last year- which is decent for a club in our current circumstances- and it also gives a great chance for local businesses to be involved. I have heard Rovers fans slag off the draw as tinpot, and obviously City fans have done the same, I can put my hand on my heart and say- as long as the financial deal for the club is a good one, then  I would much rather see Rovers sponsored by a local business with an interest in the club, rather than by a larger company trying to 'buy into' football.

What? Like a Jordanian bank you mean Miah? 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Spending £70 million for a place in league 1 playing Rovers isn't embarrassing at all, what do you mean

Clubs have spent more than us and ended up in L1 or lower, indeed Bolton already have 1 foot in the division below. We were there last year, and if we're there next year we'll have a go at getting back to the Championship as soon as possible. Fortunately for us our owner stands by his mistakes....I wonder if you'll be so lucky if success isn't as soon as Mr Al-Qadi wants. It amuses me that so many of you 'loyal' Gasheads acknowledge how embarrassing it would be for us to be in the same division as you....doesn't say much for the opinion you have of your own club. I guess you must be used to bottom division football.

Although, you're Pompey fan aren't you? Definitely not an embarrassed Gashead pretending to support someone else?

1 minute ago, Iron Man said:

Well you pretended to support another football club when you first posted on here, I think you're very embarrassed about the club you support.

He really, really wanted to be able to post on OTIB saying that the club he supports had a higher home attendance than City that weekend....obviously can't do that as a Gashead so he pretended to be a Pompey fan.

Tragic really.

38 minutes ago, lenred said:

What? Like a Jordanian bank you mean Miah? 

Yes. If it is a Jordanian bank next year, I assume it will have been done in the best financial interests of Rovers, but while we were still where we were with Higgs, then I think the raffle was a great idea, and if they continued to do it, I would be delighted.