IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The latest post claims that we now look to survive purely because other teams are shit....and not because of how good we are.

My bold.  And they're looking at promotion because at least 20 other teams are shitter than them - meaning they have it easy.  Whereas using their analogy, we are in a much harder league as 20 teams are better than us.   Not the brightest bunch.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I notice that 'Early Days...' thread has carried on from Tuesday. The latest post claims that we now look to survive purely because other teams are shit....and not because of how good we are.

Posted on the same day that we comfortably beat in form Sheffield Wednesday 4-1. Not the brightest are they?

They are not bright at all, I saw a 15er write this on another forum:

Sheffield Wednesday.  :fp: 

Two own goals and two penalties to let retards win!

17 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

They are not bright at all, I saw a 15er write this on another forum:

Sheffield Wednesday.  :fp: 

Two own goals and two penalties to let retards win!

Did they forget we gave Wednesday an own goal to so technically we won 1-0 ;)

If you're reading... Unlucky Sags

Edited by Dark Wood Covert

Interesting conversation with someone who claims to be ITK at Rovers. The new owners beleive they have been fooled by the previous owner and there is no value in the deal. There is nothing tangible on the new ground negotiations and they may take action to recover some of their money. This may be rumour, or in the weeks / months to come you may say "Pongo told us first"

If you ask for my sauce all I can say is red sauce on a sausage sandwich and brown sauce on a bacon sandwich. 

Edited by pongo88

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Interesting conversation with someone who claims to be ITK at Rovers. The new owners beleive they have been fooled by the previous owner and there is no value in the deal. There is nothing tangible on the new ground negotiations and they may take action to recover some of their money. This may be rumour, or in the weeks / months to come you may say "Pongo told us first"

If you ask for my sauce all I can say is red sauce on a sausage sandwich and brown sauce on a bacon sandwich. 

Sometimes you read stuff which you know, deep down, is bollocks, yet you wish beyond all reason that it is true.  This is one of those moments.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You choices of Source are both agreeable and correct 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Unlikely, as I know a significant amount of time was spent pouring over the accounts ect.

18 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Perhaps the good ship Gas may be heading for yet another iceberg then? I do hope so.

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The day  they took over the gas , so called news outlets, Bristol post , Radio Bristol were claiming that they were now going full steam ahead with the UWE stadium  and the High court case had no bearing on the build of the UWE stadium, so it also seems that so called professional journalist also have been fooled.

But they have not yet  reported  honestly and retracted the claims that the gas new owner is one of the worlds richest men and this will make Rovers a footballing super power because thier credability will be in tatters.

Geoff Twentyman who is one of the biggest cheer leaders for the gas and BBC points west David Garmson who is also gas must be regretting  the way they got   carried away with all the hype when the take over was done. They  along with others in the local press got far to carried away and didn't do their job.

Rovers good form at the momment is nothing to do with new board, credit to dopey Dazzer he is not doing a bad job ( I do hope they crash and burn) so I think questions about their new board is not being asked by their support, however come the summer will they have money to make big signings or even money to keep hold of thier best players, my guest is no and then it will dawn on the numb skulls that they have also been taken in and Higgs co will be laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Time will tell won't it. The way I look to it is, if this new owner is as rich as people think....he will surely just build the stadium. 

Why the wait? I don't get it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Time will tell won't it. The way I look to it is, if this new owner is as rich as people think....he will surely just build the stadium. 

Why the wait? I don't get it 

I don`t think many people, other than deluded ones in blue and white quarters, believe he actually has any money in football terms.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think many people, other than deluded ones in blue and white quarters, believe he actually has any money in football terms.

Weren't they looking for outside investment to help fund UWE or something?

If so, maybe they are sliding down the rich list from 3rd to 10th to below the guy who won the euro lottery and purchased Newport County

I think it's pretty much accepted that the new owners are nowhere near as rich as the Post were making out ( he has a £15k watch don't you know.)

They were seeking funding for the new ground, and while it makes sense as money would be available from the league and other sources , they seemed to be looking for the bulk of the costs from out side interests. I guess there may be a couple of ways to do this, the Glaziers way in which the club would be in debt, or partners which means they would only own a small stake in the Stadium Ground.  They are, no doubt , very wealthy but their assets are tied up in the banks they own as a family and any free money to spend on the club (which they've already said they won't throw money at the club) may be negligible .  I can't see that they would have been had over in the deal for the gAss as they do this for a business. It will be interesting to see how this story pans out.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it's pretty much accepted that the new owners are nowhere near as rich as the Post were making out ( he has a £15k watch don't you know.)

They were seeking funding for the new ground, and while it makes sense as money would be available from the league and other sources , they seemed to be looking for the bulk of the costs from out side interests. I guess there may be a couple of ways to do this, the Glaziers way in which the club would be in debt, or partners which means they would only own a small stake in the Stadium Ground.  They are, no doubt , very wealthy but their assets are tied up in the banks they own as a family and any free money to spend on the club (which they've already said they won't throw money at the club) may be negligible .  I can't see that they would have been had over in the deal for the gAss as they do this for a business. It will be interesting to see how this story pans out.

Oh yes. Plenty more fun to be had yet.

:yawn:

• Like 1

On 3 April 2016 at 18:36, pongo88 said:

Who was the owner?

Other questions. Why did the Bristol Rugby owner (a lifelong Rovers fan) have a clause in the contract that allowed Rovers to buy the rugby club's 50% of the ground for £10k?  It's usual business practice to ensure that your only asset is retained in the event of debts. You don't give it away.  Also why did the the rugby owner (a lifelong Rovers fan) put the  club into administration, thereby triggering the clause? No warning and no opportunity for other interested parties to take over. 

Umm... why does Panama pop into my mind?

From what I've heard today, their new stadium at the UWE is moving ever closer and I would expect some movement in the coming weeks on that front. 

On that bombshell, I hope all my fellow City fans have enjoyed their long and sustained period as supporters of Bristol's number one club, as we have only a short time left in this glorious position.

Actually I've just realised when they move to UWE that we will be Bristol's number one club again by default, so all is not lost. 

21 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Which accounts though? I`ve got two sets, the ones for the taxman and the real ones.

Thanks for letting me know. Mr T Axman@HMRC.com

20 hours ago, bs3 said:

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2016-02-19/live-blog-bristol-rovers-takeover/

Scoll down and read the twiiter quote from Bristol Rovers official twitter account.

The most embarrassing thing on that page is the constant referral to "Jordanian Billionaire" something we all know not to be true now, even the less deluded Sags.