IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

57 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Bollocks. As I aid previously, there is a thread on here lauding a Radio Bristol presenter for slipping a 'Mind the gap' reference in.

Any**** that gets remotely upset at trivial comments over football is a bit of a *****.

Rovers fans are *****s, some City fans are *****s , and some say 'amusing' things, that aren't really all that amusing.

So official club announcer and some plum presenting a show on local radio the same ???

I remember your announcer getting in trouble before , tinpot !

I do agree with a lot of the rest though ;)

3 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Funny how the minute they try to do it legit and not preying on others misery they find its quite difficult. ...who'd have thought.

They'll probably claim that Wally could pay for the stadium, but it is a much better option to borrow money and pay interest on a loan.

1 hour ago, Miahdennehy said:

Bollocks. As I aid previously, there is a thread on here lauding a Radio Bristol presenter for slipping a 'Mind the gap' reference in.

Any**** that gets remotely upset at trivial comments over football is a bit of a *****.

Some Rovers fans are *****s, some City fans are *****s , and some say 'amusing' things, that aren't really all that amusing.

You could always just do 1 and post on your own teams forum, just a thought.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Technically not stolen a ground, but the circumstances of Rovers obtaining the Memorial Ground must be embarrassing to any honest fan. The owner of Bristol Rugby puts the club into administration  before any interested party has the opportunity to take over, meaning Rovers can buy the ground for £10k. The same person just happens to be a lifelong Rovers fan who became a life president of the club. Absolutely nothing illegal but surely a conflict of  interest? 

Maybe, maybe not, what is the case is that the second world war started with Eastville being owned by the Greyhound company and finished with it belonging to the Rovers. I am sure the coincidence that there were many of the same directors on both boards had nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Maybe, maybe not, what is the case is that the second world war started with Eastville being owned by the Greyhound company and finished with it belonging to the Rovers. I am sure the coincidence that there were many of the same directors on both boards had nothing to do with it.

Wait for the denials from the deluded few

3 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

You could always just do 1 and post on your own teams forum, just a thought.

Yes , good shout. I just think football forums- which are only supposed to be a bit of fun after all- can be a bit lame when everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

Good luck for the rest of the season (obviously that last bit is a lie)

• Like 1

Just now, Miahdennehy said:

Yes , good shout. I just think football forums- which are only supposed to be a bit of fun after all- can be a bit lame when everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

Good luck for the rest of the season (obviously that last bit is a lie)

Trust me we will cope without you,

luck won't come into it we will get what we deserve as will you .League tables don't lie.

1 hour ago, Hello said:

We paid 2.3 million for 50% the same price Amtrak were paying to put a distribution centre on the site.

The deal was either side could buy the other 50% for 10k

So thats 2.3m plus 10k we paid.for the ground. All in the accounts as we have/had the mortgage to prove it

The land used to include two practice pitches used by Bristol Rugby and was approx twice the size of the current footprint. Where did the money go when this land was sold for housing?

26 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Trust me we will cope without you,

luck won't come into it we will get what we deserve as will you .League tables don't lie.

Well that isn't exactly true is it.

Pretty sure a certain Italian club got demoted a few divisions for bribing officials so their league position was inflated.

2 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

Some Rovers fans are *****s, some City fans are *****s , and some say 'amusing' things, that aren't really all that amusing.

Is there first time that you've got angry on this forum? Not like you 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The land used to include two practice pitches used by Bristol Rugby and was approx twice the size of the current footprint. Where did the money go when this land was sold for housing?

Bristol Rugby sold that not us,.better ask the owners of the time what they did with it

3 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

For club that has no club song and whose fans can't even put their heads together to adopt or write one, its quite amusing seeing rover's chants/songs being criticised.   Maybe you should talk to non Bristol fans who have been to both grounds and see which they say has the best atmosphere, but you wouldn't like the answer.

I speak to plenty of non Bristolians, your never even get mentioned though, your ranked as a club with the same sort of appeal as a Shrewsbury or a Chesterfield ( apologies to those two clubs). 

Your just not on the radar, as for songs, singing and dreaming about some old woman isn't really something to try and boast about is it. Atmosphere wise, yours reminds me of Yeovil's, you can't compete with us on that either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

You give me some random Radio Bristol presenter and I'll raise you Keith 'Junior Bent' Valle.

You lot have serious form for this type of thing. We have no form whatsoever. 

All good banter but what if it's campus location makes the UWE stadium impossible to finance by conventional means ?

Is it conceivable that only way to fully fund it is through council support or a donation from a benefactor ?

Were the Al-Qadi family aware of the situation before they purchased Bristol Rovers ?

Will books be written about the final days in the 2016 Horfield bunker just as there were about the 1945 Berlin bunker ? 

Could we yet see a nuclear confrontation followed by withdrawal into Middle East isolation and the creation of a wasteland on Filton Avenue ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bert tann said:

All good banter but what if it's campus location makes the UWE stadium impossible to finance by conventional means ?

Is it conceivable that only way to fully fund it is through council support or a donation from a benefactor ?

Were the Al-Qadi family aware of the situation before they purchased Bristol Rovers ?

Will books be written about the final days in the 2016 Horfield bunker just as there were about the 1945 Berlin bunker ? 

Could we yet see a nuclear confrontation followed by withdrawal into Middle East isolation and the creation of a wasteland on Filton Avenue ?

It already is one isn`t it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hello said:

Bristol Rugby sold that not us,.better ask the owners of the time what they did with it

Who was the owner?

Other questions. Why did the Bristol Rugby owner (a lifelong Rovers fan) have a clause in the contract that allowed Rovers to buy the rugby club's 50% of the ground for £10k?  It's usual business practice to ensure that your only asset is retained in the event of debts. You don't give it away.  Also why did the the rugby owner (a lifelong Rovers fan) put the  club into administration, thereby triggering the clause? No warning and no opportunity for other interested parties to take over. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They'll probably claim that Wally could pay for the stadium, but it is a much better option to borrow money and pay interest on a loan.

They cannot/will not get a loan, which suggest that lines of credit are not open to them. They are looking for investors/partners to find the funding for the ground.

UWE can build another faculty on the land, they have the money, so whether Rovers start building is probably no skin of their noses as they will get something built on the site sooner or later. 

8 minutes ago, Fiale said:

They cannot/will not get a loan, which suggest that lines of credit are not open to them. They are looking for investors/partners to find the funding for the ground.

UWE can build another faculty on the land, they have the money, so whether Rovers start building is probably no skin of their noses as they will get something built on the site sooner or later. 

I get the impression they`re just waiting for Rovers to pull out so they can do just that. The only reason they haven`t laid the law down already is that they don`t want the howls of outrage from the Evil Post, Points West et al accusing them of shafting Bristol`s only family club with their great tradition blah blah blah.

36 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Any news on the investment you suggested may be sought from the local businessman with construction industry experience who had recently received an unexpected injection of capital or is he still chuckling away to himself by his pool in Tuscany?

41 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Who was the owner?

Other questions. Why did the Bristol Rugby owner (a lifelong Rovers fan) have a clause in the contract that allowed Rovers to buy the rugby club's 50% of the ground for £10k?  It's usual business practice to ensure that your only asset is retained in the event of debts. You don't give it away.  Also why did the the rugby owner (a lifelong Rovers fan) put the  club into administration, thereby triggering the clause? No warning and no opportunity for other interested parties to take over. 

2.3 million was what Amtrak were going to pay for the site, we paid that for 50% with the 10k site

How much should we have paid?

Not our fault Bristol Rugby has been badly run that Rovers saved them and then years later Steve Lansdown had to save them.from going tits up

Bristol were going bust and would have sold it the Mem to a distribution firm.

But i guess its all a conspiracy

Edited by Hello
extra

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Any news on the investment you suggested may be sought from the local businessman with construction industry experience who had recently received an unexpected injection of capital or is he still chuckling away to himself by his pool in Tuscany?

I understand he is waiting in the wings.

That is the hickory smoked barbecue type not the kotex simplicity freedom ones.

6 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

For club that has no club song and whose fans can't even put their heads together to adopt or write one, its quite amusing seeing rover's chants/songs being criticised.   Maybe you should talk to non Bristol fans who have been to both grounds and see which they say has the best atmosphere, but you wouldn't like the answer.

I don't tend to engage with petty Rovers debate much, but this is truly laughable.

I might be wrong but I suspect "One for the Bristol City" is probably about us for starters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doozerchris said:

The Official History of City states "Harry Dolman had two season tickets at Eastville and was invited to become a Director there. At his first meeting the Board were discussing selling Eastville to the Greyhounds and renting it back. Harry considered that a backwards move as he believed a club should always own it's ground. He was told with thinking  like that he would be better off at City", which is why thankfully he came to us. It has been posted elsewhere that following the sale, a lot of Rolls Royces appeared in the Eastville Directors carpark, but the team wasn't improved.

Meanwhile reverting to our belief in gas heads being deluded; there's quite a few posts on gaschat about how their next game at Northampton is "quite winnable". Someone else started a thread about incorporating the names of deceased fans on bricks in their new stadium.

• Like 1