IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apparently The Hawthorns is 168 metres above sea level, The New Lawn is 162 metres above sea level and Boundary Park is 160 metres above sea level ... conclusion - they’re all very high up! 

this question is asked regularly in pub quizzes, and the answer since about 2014-ish has always been The New Lawn (usurping WBA) I guess it depends on which ref. you use. I tried Wiki and they haven't even got FGR !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, weepywall said:

The Barton Post match interview is worth a watch, apparently they had 2 stonewall penalties turned down in the first half, "the lino needs to go to specsavers" ? and "the gasheads turned up in great numbers" ?

To be fair to him, they were overdue a penalty, not having had one for 5 days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6375

Altitude league table, with scores!

I think the table is a bit misleading for Ashton Gate as the Bristol Channel has a high tidal range.  At times the ground must almost be below sea level.

Can't remember who the player was, but I think it might have been someone in the England squad back in 2010 when the world cup was in SA, who had been moaning about playing and training at high altitude.

It was pointed out to them that there were currently running, on a beach, no more that a few steps from the sea.

They never got it.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I think the table is a bit misleading for Ashton Gate as the Bristol Channel has a high tidal range.  At times the ground must almost be below sea level.

Yes. A lot of Ashton/Ashton Value is on a flood plain. We're pretty much at the same height as the city ground (+/- about a foot), and it gets a bit concerning when you occasionally see the river by Ashton Bridge/Create Centre come within touching distance of the path by the conker trees.

6 hours ago, weepywall said:

The Barton Post match interview is worth a watch, apparently they had 2 stonewall penalties turned down in the first half, "the lino needs to go to specsavers" ? and "the gasheads turned up in great numbers" ?

Clearly the the fault of the ref Scott Oldham!

27 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Matty Taylor, £300k was £10M in gas talk.

10,000 away fans then.

Haha.

One of them was moaning that Pitman was a waste of money the other day, 'till it was pointed out that he'd scored a couple, provided a few assists and there was good value for money.

Wonder how much money (in addition to his help in the Championship) the 300k on Snake contributed when his little chip provided the assist to Korey who scored the goal that beat Utd.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I think there’s probably a recognised way of defining ‘sea level’? The height of Mt Everest doesn’t vary every time the tide goes in and out!

20 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think there’s probably a recognised way of defining ‘sea level’? The height of Mt Everest doesn’t vary every time the tide goes in and out!

That’s too intelligent a reply for the forum 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, italian dave said:

MSL or mean sea level, the average height of the sea.

MHW MLW High Water and Low water

How boring am I ??

etc etc

• Thanks 1

On 09/02/2022 at 22:39, BS4 on Tour... said:

You really are obsessed with the gas getting pens! ?? - they really aren’t favoured by refs - as the number of pens given against them shows - but you always ignore those ... ??

I think there was a time, possibly two seasons ago, when they hadn't  gained a point when they'd not had a penalty or, had a player of the opposition sent off. Think Tom F posted that.

Quickly looked at a reference site.

16/17 = 12 pens

17/18 = 4

18/19 = 9

19/20 = 8

20/21 = 9

21/22 = 7 to date. These are in all competitions, obviously not many competitions.

Did I read the average was 7 penalties per club. We sadly are nowhere near that total. Preston might average more.

They do have or have had a knack of getting opposition players sent off against them, particularly at the rugby ground. I've see the reaction of the coaches, players and numpties in the crowd at the most innocuous challenges which have resulted in the players first booking, presumably followed by the targeting of that player, I wish we were more vociferous in our reactions/actions in demanding fouls/penalties but, we're not.

I think this year under the guidance of JB, they have had more pens against and surprisingly for such a timid character, more of his players sent off.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I think there was a time, possibly two seasons ago, when they hadn't  gained a point when they'd not had a penalty or, had a player of the opposition sent off. Think Tom F posted that.

Quickly looked at a reference site.

16/17 = 12 pens

17/18 = 4

18/19 = 9

19/20 = 8

20/21 = 9

21/22 = 7 to date. These are in all competitions, obviously not many competitions.

Did I read the average was 7 penalties per club. We sadly are nowhere near that total. Preston might average more.

They do have or have had a knack of getting opposition players sent off against them, particularly at the rugby ground. I've see the reaction of the coaches, players and numpties in the crowd at the most innocuous challenges which have resulted in the players first booking, presumably followed by the targeting of that player, I wish we were more vociferous in our reactions/actions in demanding fouls/penalties but, we're not.

I think this year under the guidance of JB, they have had more pens against and surprisingly for such a timid character, more of his players sent off.

But of those 7 to date only 3 have been in the League. Compared to 6 given against us in the League.

You guys been awarded 1 and had 7 awarded against you. ?

13 hours ago, Rich said:

Correct.

Nice to see them literally turning into Joey Barton FC.

Dirty bastards! 

Soon be everyones 91st favourite club. Few more chants from their fans of “Joey Barton, he hits who he wants” in the coming weeks when he’s up in Court  will help their obvious desire to be detested.

BE33E48D-6A42-4AF8-9BF8-E36E4A0DF481.jpeg