IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I don’t think you’ve really got the hang of this thread. ;)

*tongue firmly in cheek I have to say. Anyway ...

TBF, only been in the football League 6/7 years.

Only just below local rivals Forest Green and only one division below Cheltenham. 

Don't dis how far they've come since losing at Braintree or at home to Bath in League games.  

and didn't they take 60,000 to Wembely ( :whistle: ) .

If their Manager doesn't get sent down for something , this could have a good year. Top 10 maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, harrys said:

Whisper it quietly but that’s their 8th pen of the season (though there is a certain poster on here that insists we over-exaggerate on how many they get)

You obviously mean myself with that comment - I have never said anyone has ‘over-exaggerated’ the number of pens awarded to the gas - I’ve simply shot down the conspiracy theory that refs favour them by always giving them pens - and I’ve pointed out the number of pens awarded AGAINST the gas this season to shoot down the whinging supporters of the gas penalty myth - have a peek at the number of pens given against them this season and then tell Graham C and then ask yourself if refs favour the gas ... oh, and whisper it quietly but last night was the 4th pen given to the gas in the league this season, they have had more pens given against them than for them - and seven teams in league two have been awarded more pens than them this season - I’m all for laughing at the gas but looking for things that don’t exist to chuck at them isn’t that clever ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You obviously mean myself with that comment - I have never said anyone has ‘over-exaggerated’ the number of pens awarded to the gas - I’ve simply shot down the conspiracy theory that refs favour them by always giving them pens - and I’ve pointed out the number of pens awarded AGAINST the gas this season to shoot down the whinging supporters of the gas penalty myth - have a peek at the number of pens given against them this season and then tell Graham C and then ask yourself if refs favour the gas ... oh, and whisper it quietly but last night was the 4th pen given to the gas in the league this season, they have had more pens given against them than for them - and seven teams in league two have been awarded more pens than them this season - I’m all for laughing at the gas but looking for things that don’t exist to chuck at them isn’t that clever ...

Can't recall anyone ever saying that refs favour them. I do remember plenty of people pointing out that they "win" plenty of penalties. You make it seem like people are calling them lucky, I see it as people are calling them out as cheats.

I put a post up earlier that shows they have consistently "won" more than the league average over a period of six + years. It also matters not that this season, they have had more pens against them, that's probably due to them being a more aggressive team, also shown in the number of sendings off, both of which are considerably greater than in previous years. Perhaps their manager isn't targeting pens and sendings off like previous regimes. There was a time when the whole crowd, players, coaching tea and subs would create mayhem at the most inocuous of tackle, usually resulting in a soft booking, soon to be followed by more outrage and the S/O.

Their total of eight this season is still on the high side regardless of what competition they were in and, if like other clubs they hadn't "won" those extra pens, where would they be? They look on course for the average per club this season, in all comps it's about one every fourth game.

4 hours ago, TomF said:

I also see a few of them coming out from hiding lately with a decent run of form.    School friends post on Tuesday night was all about how great it was that Rovers one and City lost (again). Obsessed. 

Hope you are enjoying your half term break Tom.

4 hours ago, TomF said:

I also see a few of them coming out from hiding lately with a decent run of form.    School friends post on Tuesday night was all about how great it was that Rovers won and City lost (again). Obsessed. 

Yep & actually saw one on Twitter this week saying they were “doing better” than us this season.

Presumably in the same way Forest Green are “doing better” than Stoke City?

False equivalence again by those ********.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

There is a great feeling around the place with the fans, and, as the gaffer keeps saying, if the fans get on board this can be a special club. He tells us all the time in the changing rooms about selling out Wembley for the Conference play-off final.

"That’s unheard of. You don’t get 40,000-45,000 in the Conference play-off final, it just doesn’t happen.

Please stop you deluded pricks

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

There is a great feeling around the place with the fans, and, as the gaffer keeps saying, if the fans get on board this can be a special club. He tells us all the time in the changing rooms about selling out Wembley for the Conference play-off final.

"That’s unheard of. You don’t get 40,000-45,000 in the Conference play-off final, it just doesn’t happen.

He's not wrong to be fair. You don't get it. As in it never happened :bonkers:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, TomF said:

I also see a few of them coming out from hiding lately with a decent run of form.    School friends post on Tuesday night was all about how great it was that Rovers won and City lost (again). Obsessed. 

I too have had 2 mates who ‘were boycotting until Barton was gone’ in light of the abuse cases. Seen they’ve done a fair few away games since Christmas…

34 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

There is a great feeling around the place with the fans, and, as the gaffer keeps saying, if the fans get on board this can be a special needs club. He tells us all the time in the changing rooms about selling out Wembley for the Conference play-off final.

Just added the missing word....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

That’s right, it DIDNT happen.

Not that they’d tell you that. They just can’t help themselves can they….bullshitting pr1cks

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

No they didn’t ???

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Blimey, did Grimsby only take 2k to Wembley?

Shocking ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 24/02/2022 at 20:36, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m convinced that they are the reason for Sunderland`s poor form. The Mackems have looked at the League 2 table and have decided they don`t want promotion as they could get to play their new best friends and second team next season if they stay down.

What self-respecting Mackem wouldn`t want that?

The half and half scarves will be selling like hot cakes .

• Haha 1

On 24/02/2022 at 20:36, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m convinced that they are the reason for Sunderland`s poor form. The Mackems have looked at the League 2 table and have decided they don`t want promotion as they could get to play their new best friends and second team next season if they stay down.

What self-respecting Mackem wouldn`t want that?

And don't forget the thousands of Geordie fans that now follow them, as well !

Newcastle are on a double relegation mission; so that they can face the faymus corterzzzz in L1.

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Haha 1