2011/12 ####### #######
2012/13 ####### #######
2013/14 ####### #######
2014/15 ####### #######
2015/16 ############## ##############

Are we trying to mend fences ?

Edited by bert tann

3 hours ago, Just Red said:

Are you saying we could almost fit all of their season ticket holders in the Atyeo?

We could almost fit their entire ground capacity into the West Stand. 

gashead1979
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level
Next Level in 37 posts
56 minutes ago QuotePost by gashead1979 on 56 minutes ago
Talking of their stadium I work near the downs and that new Williams stand is a massive eyesore on what was a lovely view down the avon gorge.

Horrible white meccano looking thing, urgh. Although i'll reserve judgement until we play them in the league next season..

Any relation to Tilly?

2 hours ago, redcityman said:

gashead1979
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level
Next Level in 37 posts
Talking of their stadium I work near the downs and that new Williams stand is a massive eyesore on what was a lovely view down the avon gorge.

Horrible white meccano looking thing, urgh. Although i'll reserve judgement until we play them in the league next season..

Any relation to Tilly?

They should change their colours to GREEN

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

They should change their colours to GREEN

Short memories. I remember driving along the M32 and thinking East vile was the biggest eye sore in the whole of the south west. . An absolute pit.

20 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/7497/city-revamped-stadium-attracts-players?page=2

I'm loving the references to our stadium as being a rugby ground, they are obviously forgetting theirs is a rugby stadium primarily that they stole...

" I think they will struggle, but will have enough worse teams to keep them up" ........ gashead1979 finally works out how a league table works!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, redcityman said:

gashead1979
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level
Next Level in 37 posts

Any relation to Tilly?

Must be a troll. He`s made the classic mistake of saying he works - what are the chances of that? Mind you, I have seen a Big Issue seller up there now and again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Super said:
Season Season ticket sales Average attendances
2006/07 2623 5476
2007/08 3511 6850
2008/09 3203 7171
2009/10 3534 7043
2010/11 3082 6253
2011/12 2904 6035
2012/13 3130 6309
2013/14 3346 6421
2014/15 2896 6629
2015/16 3526 8096

Wow.

Someone clearly did an amazing job persuading their Jordanian "billionaire" (who somehow doesn't appear in the Forbes rich list, where in contrast SL is named as one of the richest thousand people on the planet) to buy such a tinpot outfit...

• Like 2

Just take comfort in the knowledge that through all their sarcasm and mocking of our stadium, there is a seething pit of bitterness and jealously and every word written through gritted teeth knowing that even if their stadium is ever built, if wouldn't be worthy to wipe the arse of Ashton Gate 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, redcityman said:

gashead1979
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level
Next Level in 37 posts

Any relation to Tilly?

While I think he is wrong that we will be relegated, I'll give this one credit for not getting so carried away as to predict another promotion for the 15ers.

Bricks and mortar don't lie. We have a shiny new stadium fit for the Championship and beyond with first class facilities & with a pitch that is purpose built for both sports and is the envy of many.

We have a wealthy, transparent benefactor who is a long standing supporter of Bristol sport.

The sags however have "aquired" a run down rugby ground with a turnip patch pitch. They have been sold out to a foreign owner who's come from nowhere with question marks over whether he has the means to not only buy the club but also invest in a new stadium at a huge cost .

Oh & it seems there is no plan B for a new stadium.

The maths just don't add up, but hey, I won't be thinking of that when I sit in my shiny new seat watching City take on the likes of Villa next season.

• Like 11

15 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

While I think he is wrong that we will be relegated, I'll give this one credit for not getting so carried away as to predict another promotion for the 15ers.

Actually... 'We have nothing to fear in L1, i'm confident of us getting to the play offs then who knows!'

This beauty was posted on gaschat earlier....

I honestly believe we are now on the same level again as City apart from them having a new stadium built and playing one level above us for one more season.Remember,just over a year ago they were just leaving the div we are 're- entering, yet them across the river always act as if they are Man Utd and we are Stockport! The "gap" that they have gone on about is down to us failing to move forward as a club rather than there growth.

However Bristol Rovers FC is now a very different beast to the one that failed for so many years...We have the best set of players I can remember,our best ever manager in charge and a very rich... however very humble,very ambitious new set of owners that want to take us to the stars.

I will be AMAZED if in 5 years time we are not playing in a new stadium in front of our largest consistent crowds ever being at least top half championship club.If City can be at that level in 5 years time,or even above that then fair play to them,but for the first time ever we as a football club can aim as high as we desire and need to focus purely on ourselfs.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

I honestly believe we are now on the same level again as City apart from them having a new stadium built and playing one level above us for one more season.Remember,just over a year ago they were just leaving the div we are 're- entering, yet them across the river always act as if they are Man Utd and we are Stockport! The "gap" that they have gone on about is down to us failing to move forward as a club rather than there growth.

However Bristol Rovers FC is now a very different beast to the one that failed for so many years...We have the best set of players I can remember,our best ever manager in charge and a very rich... however very humble,very ambitious new set of owners that want to take us to the stars.

I will be AMAZED if in 5 years time we are not playing in a new stadium in front of our largest consistent crowds ever being at least top half championship club.If City can be at that level in 5 years time,or even above that then fair play to them,but for the first time ever we as a football club can aim as high as we desire and need to focus purely on ourselfs.

Stuff like this will just make it all the sweeter when it inevitably goes tits up.

19 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

Some people may laugh at this, but I don't.

It's not funny, it's sad. If this person can be so deluded, his entire life must be a mess. Does he still beleive Santa pops down the chimney every Christmas? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Some people may laugh at this, but I don't.

It's not funny, it's sad. If this person can be so deluded, his entire life must be a mess. Does he still beleive Santa pops down the chimney every Christmas? 

Wait, your saying he doesn't...??

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

Icegas again, surprised he didn't go the whole way and say Premier League... forgotten to take his meds methinks.

So they are 'exactly' the same us, apart from the fact that they have none of the things that we have or indeed have any confirmed status on their stadium, which they continue to refer to as if they're moving into the bloody thing next month.

Complete mentalists, the lot of them.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

I honestly believe we are now on the same level again as City apart from them having a new stadium built and playing one level above us for one more season.

Superb....he/she "honestly believes" they are at the same level as us apart from the fact that we have a large, modern, redeveloped stadium and we play in a higher division.

'Gaslogic' at its best.

Quite a few grand predictions from that thread that are worth taking a screenshot of....

Or maybe not. They do come out with the same shit every year after all.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

I honestly believe we are now on the same level again as City apart from them having a new stadium built and playing one level above us

So we've got a ground over twice the size of theirs and we play a division higher, but they're on the same level? There's your gaslogic at it's finest!

Applying the same criteria, we're on the same level as Arsenal....:blink:

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

So we are exactly the same with the exception of the stadium build and being a level higher (plus the other things he has failed to mention) :blink:

So basically we're not...

Got to love Gas logic

• Like 1

What a bitter and twisted bunch the gas are,their comments on here about stadium and being on a level par with us are laughable.What planet do they live on,City have always been the number one club in Bristol fact.Rovers have only ever played at second tier level for 19 years of their existence.Since 1920 when they became a football league club thats not a very good return out of 96 years!City will always be number one in Bristol,stadia crowds players,Rovers are a joke tinpot club , a joke of a owner (how much is he worth?)Crap stolen ground , enough said!

• Like 1