IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Miahdennehy said:

I think 6k is really , very , very good for any 3rd division side. Your season ticket sales have been consistently outstanding for while now, I know you used to do it by offering really cheap kids seats, is that still the case, or are your sales mainly adult tickets? If they are adult tickets, it really would seem to justify initially selling kids tickets so cheaply, and every club should consider doing it.

I think my first season ticket was £25. They now get £300+ a year out of me. I think all clubs should consider it wise investments.

39 minutes ago, Super said:

Sure your owner will be expecting far more than that. If you are struggling at xmas Dopey will be gone.

Doubt it. He said when he came in that there's no "five year plan", we're just going to take each season as it comes which seems like the sensible approach. I'm more than happy to give DC a few years in League One, but then again I'm not the owner and we'll start to see what they're about this summer and when we're not doing too well. 

I'm sure it's been mentioned on here but apparently we're in for Wagstaff. 

7 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Doubt it. He said when he came in that there's no "five year plan", we're just going to take each season as it comes which seems like the sensible approach. I'm more than happy to give DC a few years in League One, but then again I'm not the owner and we'll start to see what they're about this summer and when we're not doing too well. 

Yep sure he'll jump at joining such a massive club.

28 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Not mentioned on here (that I've noticed) but seen plenty said about it on other social media sites. It would appear that a lot of Gasheads would love to see Wagstaff wear 'da famous quarterz'.

Strange how all of our players are supposedly rubbish until one leaves the club due to the fact they are unlikely to play much in the forthcoming season...at which point every Gashead and his dog get excited at the thought that they may be in with a chance of signing one of our ex players. 

• Like 1

It would be a move of convenience if he did stay local. I would think he would have better offers from that league. Gills and Charlton rumoured to be in for him as well i believe. 

The man is well liked at Charlton as he was here. I can see him heading east rather than over the river. 

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

Wagstaff would do very well for Rovers, then again I thought that John Akinde would do well for them.

28 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think there is a lot of lazy journalism going on.

His nearest club growing up was Gillingham, he played for Charlton and he lives in Bristol....

Barnsley could do worse, they're going to need some players apparently.

Barnsley is a good shout, i still think hes a useful addition to a squad at Champ level but perhaps he will need to drop down to get regular starts.

57 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think there is a lot of lazy journalism going on.

His nearest club growing up was Gillingham, he played for Charlton and he lives in Bristol....

Barnsley could do worse, they're going to need some players apparently.

He is a Charlton fan and used to go when he was a kid. There`s still a lot of love for him from their fans judging by some of the tweets when we played up there. I think he`d be back there like a shot if they weren`t such a car crash of a club at the moment but who knows?

9 hours ago, Seventeen said:

If it comes off you'd be signing a player I'd quite literally have been delighted to have re-signed, even if not for the first 11.

In all honesty I think he's done enough to earn a contract at this level, let alone a newly promoted club in div 3. On a free, he'd be a belting signing; for you or for many others. 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

If it comes off you'd be signing a player I'd quite literally have been delighted to have re-signed, even if not for the first 11.

In all honesty I think he's done enough to earn a contract at this level, let alone a newly promoted club in div 3. On a free, he'd be a belting signing; for you or for many others. 

cant argue with any of that