IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 hours ago, redcityman said:

If ever we were to leave Ashton Gate I would bet my house it would be a dam sight more than 3200 odd, shameful the way they surrendered their home like that, typical gasheads will put up with any old shit.

Probably more than that in the East End on it's last day.

16 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

I wonder if they will be celebrating a certain anniversary this year? Exactly 40 years since they last had a five figure average attendance. 10,022 in 1976!! No, thought not.

**** me, is that true? And barely into 5 figures

1. Bristol Rovers have more "LIKES" on FaceBook than Bristol City
  2. Bristol Rovers fans have punched more horses than Bristol City fans
  3. Bristol Rovers have stolen / squatted in more football grounds than Bristol City
  4. Bristol Rovers have more square foot of tent material per supporter than Bristol City
  5. ... and worst of all, Bristol Rovers are now officially the best club in Bristol ... and the richest (SOURCE: https://youtu.be/KOtZGtOmanU?t=125)

Is there any way that we can compete with all of that? ... so maybe it is just time to just call it a day!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

I wonder if they will be celebrating a certain anniversary this year? Exactly 40 years since they last had a five figure average attendance. 10,022 in 1976!! No, thought not.

Well that's not actually true, they had over 10k for their game against West Ham. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/6963487.stm

11 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

1. Bristol Rovers have more "LIKES" on FaceBook than Bristol City
  2. Bristol Rovers fans have punched more horses than Bristol City fans
  3. Bristol Rovers have stolen / squatted in more football grounds than Bristol City
  4. Bristol Rovers have more square foot of tent material per supporter than Bristol City
  5. ... and worst of all, Bristol Rovers are now officially the best club in Bristol ... and the richest (SOURCE: https://youtu.be/KOtZGtOmanU?t=125)

Is there any way that we can compete with all of that? ... so maybe it is just time to just call it a day!

6. The captain of the England Boob Cricket team is a Gashead

• Like 1

• Admin

Given the news on Facebook that they actually have more followers than us it makes the fact their attendances are always worse than ours an even bigger indication that they have the worst supporters in the country. Faithful and true, what a joke :facepalm:

16 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

It was reported recently that SL owned every team in Bristol bar Rovers (it is clear to every City fan why this is the case). IF Rovers ever move to their new ground, that will be rectified.

As to a Rovers fan having a pop about attendances? Just goes to prove that idiocy is endemic in the Rovers gene pool (a very shallow pool I know).

It is actually the only pool without a deep end.

• Admin
On Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 09:47, Tomarse said:

Typical sag bullshit. Minibuses getting done outside the lions, behave. 

It says BS3, Not the lions

On Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 10:15, Monkeh said:

considering the road was closed that would be an achievement in itself

The road was only closed whilst the annual photo was taken, was open rest of the morning 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

It says BS3, Not the lions

The road was only closed whilst the annual photo was taken, was open rest of the morning 

It stated lions yesterday and has been changed,

and im sure the thousands walking past the rising sun on Saturday before and after the game would of noticed a mini bus, also there would of been a much bigger police presence

and my wife who works for the police would of confirmed it, none of which happened therefore it's another complete fabrication from he pathological liars that is rovers fans  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

After their "More like than dem gert shitheds" trophy the G*s are planning an open top bus tour.. Lets hope it goes better than their last one

11219104_656705151126413_2819752830707463810_n.jpg

There's a misprint in that article,

it should say "Fans were later photoshopped on the route"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bristolborn_and_red said:

I am pretty sure there is a webpage for these sort of stats. If so, could someone put the link up? I need to bookmark it. This is in reference to post 11208

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/brir.htm

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bric.htm

Here are my sources.  Sod facebook,  here are the facts!  These sould be compulsary viewing for all sags.

12 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/brir.htm

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bric.htm

Here are my sources.  Sod facebook,  here are the facts!  These sould be compulsary viewing for all sags.

It would also appear that, if we assume Saturday's attendance to be an average for the season, then they will only have beaten that figure 9 times in their history.

49 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It would also appear that, if we assume Saturday's attendance to be an average for the season, then they will only have beaten that figure 9 times in their history.

You mean the 1950's ?

Ah, but what a manager Rovers had then eh Rich ?

Clough, Ferguson & Shankly all rolled into one with just a touch of the Arsene although we won't go into that.

Up at post 11199 RumRed has a photo of Stephen Lansdown and in it I have to say he looks just like a farmer I used to buy gallons of cider from goodness knows how many years ago. This is not intended to be disrespectful. In fact I wonder how many other fans thought something similar when they saw that photo. A typical West Countryman - one of your own you might say - and certainly not the stereotypical image of a grey faceless businessman.

I thought it was rather nice.

On the other hand Rovers now have a non-Bristolian owner for the first time in our history and we must work out how we are going to adapt to this situation and compete with Bristol City in a way which will inspire our fans and attract neutrals to our cause. I would suggest the rather weedy response of re-tweeting about Facebook likes which can be purchased for £ 120 per 10 000 from thesocialguys.co.uk is a sign that we have not yet come up with a winning strategy.

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 10