IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, DancinDannyD said:

All relative isn't it? You were gloating about the World Cup ready AV!  Things change - you're lucky your sugardaddy was able to personally finance the impressive AG renovation.  In the meantime I'm hoping that we get some positive news about a new stadium soon.  But I'll only believe it when I'm sat in it, not holding my breath.   I know Wael doesn't have the wealth of Landsown so we don't have the lucky fortune that you do of a mega-rich fan bankrolling the club. In the meantime I've enjoyed our (relative) success from where we were 2 years ago given we could have done a Stockport. 

Your billionaire sugar daddy is more interested in buying Facebook likes Han anything to do with rovers. 

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

Easily pleased whatever you say doesn't change my mind about a club I love and support through thick and thin .. you've had your low points .. crowds of 2,500 etc when you were in the bottom league ... I stand with my head up with pride of being a Rovers fan .. We have got whingers n stuff but what is there to whinge about  ?? I'm happy and if easily pleased is being promoted twice in a row then that's weird. . It's amazing what we've achieved. .. 

Please enlighten me, our crowds never dropped that low to the best of my knowledge. Not a million miles away for a couple of games maybe, but never below 3K.

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Please enlighten me, our crowds never dropped that low to the best of my knowledge. Not a million miles away for a couple of games maybe, but never below 3K.

He can't, because it is a lie.

We had ONE sub 3,000 crowd after we went bust in '82 (I was there) and even that was over 2500..

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He can't, because it is a lie.

We had ONE sub 3,000 crowd after we went bust in '82 (I was there) and even that was over 2500..

Our penultimate home game of the 1981/2 season, Graham - Wednesday 12th May 1982 v Millwall. Just 2898, including me, turned up to see us win 4-1 thanks to a brace each from Chandler and Newman.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

Why so bitter?  I didn't post anything about a FB war?  Yes, that stand is very far removed from the new Lansdown Stand (which is very impressive I accept).  But it adds necessary additional seating at a time when all other seats are sold out for the season so I welcome it.  Do I want to see a brand new stadium in the next few years?  Yes.  Will it happen overnight?  No.  So in the meantime do what you can to add facilities to the sub-standard stadium we have.  Which is what has happened - a spruce-up / refurbishment of bars etc, much higher quality ladies sanitary facilities, a new scoreboard (yes, I know its no big screen job), additional seating, a tidy up of the tent end.  All things that I'm quite sure wouldn't have happened under Higgs. 

It looks like dogshite, you must be very prowed

Edited by alexukhc

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I forgot to say in my previous post, Congratulations on winning the dodgy FB 'likes' war. You can all say with pride that your club have spent more money on gaining the affection of imaginary people than we have. Don't worry yourselves about minor issues like a lack of news on the progress of UWE Stadium and the lack of investment into the playing side despite promotion to a higher division.

You've got the club you deserve Fanny...

image.jpeg

I thought is that a new signing in progress in this photo?, but 3-2-1 I was back in the room.

33 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Do the gas actually own the tents or is on hire or is the tent on loan from the Bath & West show ground?, come on lads and lasses if they do own the tents they don't come cheap do they?.

On a serious note how do they manage to get a safety certificate?.

They had to tie double bows in the guy ropes to get the safety certificate.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I wasn’t going to post on here today because I realize that lampooning Rovers to get a serious point of view into the public arena is not something which is popular with everyone and can maybe get a bit stale. In fact ( better I say it before anyone else does) should a City fan go on a Rovers forum and write in the style I do he or she wouldn’t be very popular here.

But I do feel Danny, Phil and the flea should have a response.

It’s not the South West Stand which is the problem nor the canopy, the Facebook likes or any of the other mind numbing stuff which comes out of Rovers. It is the boasting about and drawing attention to our weak points which niggles me. We shouldn’t be serving these things up on a plate to our detractors. Just as Nicholas used to open his mouth and present countless gifts to our rivals Wael is allowing the same to happen now. Only today Darrell is quoted as saying “it’s not if it’s when” about new signings which is exactly the phrase Nicholas used about his ill fated stadium dream. Doesn’t anyone at Rovers think about these things ?

I know there is a hard core of fans who will see no wrong in anything Rovers do no matter how absurd it is. But equally I’m convinced there is a quiet majority who cringe about the amateurish approach just as I do. The perception of Rovers as a cheap rag bag club is being allowed to continues and the effect is two fold. Firstly, if results start to go the wrong way many fans will have had their confidence damaged by these self inflicted wounds and so will turn their discontent on the team and manager much more quickly than they would otherwise be expected to. Secondly, the lackluster view of Rovers in the wider community will remain unchanged and so, in the longer term, persuading new fans to become associated with our club will be much more difficult than it should be.

If you are looking for something positive then I suggest we stop making ourselves look ridiculous by boasting about putting hand dryers in the ladies toilets and try something like this :  

• Find a good cause in North Bristol with which a genuine connection can be made
  • One with which our owner, staff and supporters can feel a genuine affinity
  • Use professional help to explore possibilities of involvement with that good cause
  • Find how a Rovers connection can make a positive impact on that good cause
  • In conjunction with the good cause prepare a long term plan for co-operation
  • Make a commitment in cash and man hours to implement that plan
  • Make sure the Club President takes a personal interest in the venture
  •  Use a professional agency to publicise the association between Rovers and the good cause
  • Hire an A list celebrity for the opening launch to ensure maximum media exposure
  • Allocate competent management to oversee the long term development of the relationship with the good cause
  • Ensure adequate involvement of the owner, staff and supporters in the continuing relationship with the good cause
  • Make sure the publicity regarding the relationship with the good cause is imaginative, sustained and of high quality
  • Demonstrate to sports fans across the whole of Bristol that our President’s February 2016 commitment to promote Rovers active participation in the community is being fulfilled.   

I'm beginning to feel like a mourner who finds himself mistakenly attending the wrong funeral.

Well said Bert. I don't agree with your conclusions because they are far too sensible. I do however, note that your club's recent efforts to protect a local war memorial by wrapping it in canvas are progressing well. Presumably that's the type of good cause to which you refer?

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Philgas said:

Easily pleased whatever you say doesn't change my mind about a club I love and support through thick and thin .. you've had your low points .. crowds of 2,500 etc when you were in the bottom league ... I stand with my head up with pride of being a Rovers fan .. We have got whingers n stuff but what is there to whinge about  ?? I'm happy and if easily pleased is being promoted twice in a row then that's weird. . It's amazing what we've achieved. .. 

AMAZING!! 

:laugh: :yes:

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Do the gas actually own the tents or is on hire or is the tent on loan from the Bath & West show ground?, come on lads and lasses if they do own the tents they don't come cheap do they?.

On a serious note how do they manage to get a safety certificate?.

Maybe they're Bedouin tents.