IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

How do I know Bert didn't enjoy promotion?  Well there was certainly nothing on here (and nobody of their posting style appears on the Rovers forums ;-)) to suggest it!  But maybe I'm wrong, maybe they were cock-a-hoop about it!

If anyone posted like Bert does on Gas forums he'd immediately get shot down and called a shithead by the insecure natives who don't appreciate anyone asking questions of the people responsible for running the club. It's incredible that your fans allowed the club to effectively sleepwalk towards Non League for years before you showed some anger at the final whistle against Mansfield. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, supercidered said:

The Tent End.

Now that made I laugh.... The gift ...

I agree with Danny ... Progress is progress .. I still can't believe we went up twice in a row !! .. Our new owner sasaid from the start evolution not revolution as regards the club .. if he'd had spent absolutely crazy money you lot would've took the piss .. and just because he's trying to build gradually you still take it anyways! ! .. And I won't ever criticise our club when they are trying their hardest to make life better for their fans no matter how small the improvements. . Onwards We Go !!

Just now, Philgas said:

I agree with Danny ... Progress is progress .. I still can't believe we went up twice in a row !! .. Our new owner sasaid from the start evolution not revolution as regards the club .. if he'd had spent absolutely crazy money you lot would've took the piss .. and just because he's trying to build gradually you still take it anyways! ! .. And I won't ever criticise our club when they are trying their hardest to make life better for their fans no matter how small the improvements. . Onwards We Go !!

Its more like erect rather than build.... you erect a tent not build one!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, supercidered said:

The Tent End.

Now that made I laugh.... The gift ...

I agree with Danny ... Progress is progress .. I still can't believe we went up twice in a row !! .. Our new owner sasaid from the start evolution not revolution as regards the club .. if he'd had spent absolutely crazy money you lot would've took the piss .. and just because he's trying to build gradually you still take it anyways! ! .. And I won't ever criticise our club when they are trying their hardest to make life better for their fans no matter how small the improvements. . Onwards We Go !! I don't care if it's a tent .. it's cover and extra seating !!

1 minute ago, Philgas said:

You lot believe everything you are told, that's your problem right there.

2 minutes ago, Philgas said:

You lot have always been easily pleased.

46 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I forgot to say in my previous post, Congratulations on winning the dodgy FB 'likes' war. You can all say with pride that your club have spent more money on gaining the affection of imaginary people than we have. Don't worry yourselves about minor issues like a lack of news on the progress of UWE Stadium and the lack of investment into the playing side despite promotion to a higher division.

You've got the club you deserve Fanny...

image.jpeg

WTF is that . Is that Cadbury heaths stand . It can't be sorry there's is bigger :laughcont:

• Like 2

• Admin

For a REAL laugh go into the Google search and type in "Tented Football Stadium"

I don't want to ruin the surprise . . . . ..  

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tented+football+stadium&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=imsvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiD2oKS47LOAhXIWRQKHa8eCxEQ_AUIBygB&biw=1366&bih=928&gws_rd=ssl

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super said:

You lot have always been easily pleased.

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

You lot believe everything you are told, that's your problem right there.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So u now got a saghead having a go at another one for having a different view and u got another one liking posts . U couldn't make it up . U keep mentioning our sugar daddy. But your sugar daddy has just built u a new stand . MTG Danny boy

Easily pleased whatever you say doesn't change my mind about a club I love and support through thick and thin .. you've had your low points .. crowds of 2,500 etc when you were in the bottom league ... I stand with my head up with pride of being a Rovers fan .. We have got whingers n stuff but what is there to whinge about  ?? I'm happy and if easily pleased is being promoted twice in a row then that's weird. . It's amazing what we've achieved. .. 

3 minutes ago, Philgas said:

. It's amazing what we've achieved. .. 

Getting to non-league ,for one !

In the bigger picture ,you were 3rd Div when I started watching in the mid sixties. We were to, but at least now we are Championship, so on that score we've achieved a tad more than you !:cool:

Edited by slartibartfast

57 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I forgot to say in my previous post, Congratulations on winning the dodgy FB 'likes' war. You can all say with pride that your club have spent more money on gaining the affection of imaginary people than we have. Don't worry yourselves about minor issues like a lack of news on the progress of UWE Stadium and the lack of investment into the playing side despite promotion to a higher division.

You've got the club you deserve Fanny...

image.jpeg

Genuinely not fishing here.  Is that a new addition to the Memorial stadium?

31 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

All relative isn't it? You were gloating about the World Cup ready AV!  Things change - you're lucky your sugardaddy was able to personally finance the impressive AG renovation.  In the meantime I'm hoping that we get some positive news about a new stadium soon.  But I'll only believe it when I'm sat in it, not holding my breath.   I know Wael doesn't have the wealth of Landsown so we don't have the lucky fortune that you do of a mega-rich fan bankrolling the club. In the meantime I've enjoyed our (relative) success from where we were 2 years ago given we could have done a Stockport. 

If Lansdown is our sugar daddy what is Wael to the gas? Both are billionaires right?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Well, since we're playing Cardiff on Thursday, I expect you'll be standing in the away section telling everyone how Matty Taylor is never going to cut it in League 1.  I'm sure they'll also all agree with you.

They are quite Stalinist in their approach to dissent North of the river, aren't they?

Off to the thought camp for any dissidents..

For the much older amongst you, this is almost "send Bert Tann to (North) Vietnam" territory...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Why so bitter?  I didn't post anything about a FB war?  Yes, that stand is very far removed from the new Lansdown Stand (which is very impressive I accept).  But it adds necessary additional seating at a time when all other seats are sold out for the season so I welcome it.  Do I want to see a brand new stadium in the next few years?  Yes.  Will it happen overnight?  No.  So in the meantime do what you can to add facilities to the sub-standard stadium we have.  Which is what has happened - a spruce-up / refurbishment of bars etc, much higher quality ladies sanitary facilities, a new scoreboard (yes, I know its no big screen job), additional seating, a tidy up of the tent end.  All things that I'm quite sure wouldn't have happened under Higgs. 

That'll be useful to wash out the sand from the home supporters' collective minge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DancinDannyD said:

All relative isn't it? You were gloating about the World Cup ready AV!  Things change - you're lucky your sugardaddy was able to personally finance the impressive AG renovation.  In the meantime I'm hoping that we get some positive news about a new stadium soon.  But I'll only believe it when I'm sat in it, not holding my breath.   I know Wael doesn't have the wealth of Landsown so we don't have the lucky fortune that you do of a mega-rich fan bankrolling the club. In the meantime I've enjoyed our (relative) success from where we were 2 years ago given we could have done a Stockport. 

Your own forum could do with a few more posts like this. Grounded but with just the right amount of bitterness. Well done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

For a REAL laugh go into the Google search and type in "Tented Football Stadium"

I don't want to ruin the surprise . . . . ..  

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tented+football+stadium&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=imsvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiD2oKS47LOAhXIWRQKHa8eCxEQ_AUIBygB&biw=1366&bih=928&gws_rd=ssl

At least they have made the front page of Google for something! :clapping: