IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

40 minutes ago, Philgas said:

No not brainwashed. . Honoured to be a GasHead from when my dad first took me to Eastville .. What would ever disuade me from supporting Rovers .. ??

Nobody mentioned not supporting them, we all love our clubs. I've never known a fan base like yours though to be so blinkered as to what's going on behind scenes and you question nothing. Bizarre to say the least 

5 hours ago, Spoons said:

And by the way your ground is awful. My 5 year old was asking why there was a tent behind the goal! It's ok I assured her that they are owned by a trillionair who will build them a new stand! Any way will wally be wearing his rovers shirt or his Chelsea shirt for the cup game? 

Mate, they borrowed Glos temporary seating and put a gazebo on top...

our mutual friend, on coach one? 

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

Blimey !!!! 

I steered clear of this thread and posting a while back because I realised I was one of the more constant posters even though originally I was commenting upon the sainsburys litigation only. But you've got a nibble pal - and I say pal as I like the fact we have other fans posting and respect your views and indeed posts.

But... you talk of good times being in a league we won at a canter and could not wait to get out of. That gets a nibble.

You talk of pride of beating the worst Cardiff performance in a long long time - off the back of being turned over by Scunthorpe. You have a wealthy owner who has yet to show the colour of his money and must acknowledge you have a marquee player that found his way back to you after he was unable to find a better deal elsewhere. That gets a nibble.

You come on here talking of good times and yes,  for you, they may well be. But for us readers you must acknowledge play off promotion from non league and from the basement last day of the season v accrington stanley are pretty futile efforts. Had you stormed both as champs,  made strong signings, done more than a tent and had more than a few thousand v a local rival (when credit to them they turned out in decent number considering a midweek tie v league below and on tele) we might take more heed. But that gets a nubble.

It is a bit like listening to your mate gloating about the worst joke. Just reign it in, you've many, many steps before you impress or threaten. I'm not saying that won't come, but fill your own boots first and don't talk of your own good times as if they'd be our own - those were are dark days for us. 

Enjoy your progress but don't try and impress upon us yet. We are just one league apart, and we could well find ourselves together next year, but we are leagues apart. See our stadium, see our signings, see our squad, see our training facilities, see our academy, see our, well anything. We could have a shocker and be in the same division, you could have a stormer and us be in the same division. But don't give it the big when you're sat in League One on nil points after a game against a team we all hope we start the reserves against. 

Edited by Guest

Gaschat is a bit like a facist ant-colony. You watch the little people scurry about professing their love of the 15ers, blissfully unaware of the tissue paper spread over colossal holes in the club. Odd how so many can be so fantastically deluded.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Gaschat is a bit like a facist ant-colony. You watch the little people scurry about professing their love of the 15ers, blissfully unaware of the tissue paper spread over colossal holes in the club. Odd how so many can be so fantastically deluded.

I prefer to think of it as more of a rats nest.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Phil u seem a nice bloke but **** off to your forum. You are inferior like it or not . This Bristol city not Bristol rovers . Who gives a shit about u

You do .. you write about us all the time .. im on a thread with the heading Bristol Rovers 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Gas Guzzler is more sensible as smaller forums often are. Gas Chat is an idiot babbling with many voices.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 29AR said:

I steered clear of this thread and posting a while back because I realised I was one of the more constant posters even though originally I was commenting upon the sainsburys litigation only. But you've got a nibble pal - and I say pal as I like the fact we have other fans posting and respect your views and indeed posts.

But... you talk of good times being in a league we won at a canter and could not wait to get out of. That gets a nibble.

You talk of pride of beating the worst Cardiff performance in a long long time - off the back of being turned over by Scunthorpe. You have a wealthy owner who has yet to show the colour of his money and must acknowledge you have a marquee player that found his way back to you after he was unable to find a better deal elsewhere. That gets a nibble.

You come on here talking of good times and yes,  for you, they may well be. But for us readers you must acknowledge play off promotion from non league and from the basement last day of the season v accrington stanley are pretty futile efforts. Had you stormed both as champs,  made strong signings, done more than a tent and had more than a few thousand v a local rival (when credit to them they turned out in decent number considering a midweek tie v league below and on tele) we might take more heed. But that gets a nubble.

It is a bit like listening to your mate gloating about the worst joke. Just reign it in, you've many, many steps before you impress or threaten. I'm not saying that won't come, but fill your own boots first and don't talk of your own good times as if they'd be our own - those were are dark days for us. 

Enjoy your progress but don't try and impress upon us yet. We are just one league apart, and we could well find ourselves together next year, but we are leagues apart. See our stadium, see our signings, see our squad, see our training facilities, see our academy, see our, well anything. We could have a shocker and be in the same division, you could have a stormer and us be in the same division. But don't give it the big when you're sat in League One on nil points after a game against a team we all hope we start the reserves against. 

I personally have never gloated about us just stating the fact that I don't give a toss about our tent end and our small crowds and no money etc .. he did state from the beginning he would NOT throw money at the club .. and it was the evil post that called him a billionaire etc .. I am one of many GasHeads that are just enjoying better days .. yep there are Gas out there going over the top .. so what ..we don't matter to you so why get rattled about it .. this is a good spell at our club and I for one am happy to be aboard. 

1 minute ago, Philgas said:

I personally have never gloated about us just stating the fact that I don't give a toss about our tent end and our small crowds and no money etc .. he did state from the beginning he would NOT throw money at the club .. and it was the evil post that called him a billionaire etc .. I am one of many GasHeads that are just enjoying better days .. yep there are Gas out there going over the top .. so what ..we don't matter to you so why get rattled about it .. this is a good spell at our club and I for one am happy to be aboard. 

It was the post, and your fans. Most of your lot who have a presence on forums seem to add more value onto how much Wael has at every mention of him

26 minutes ago, Philgas said:

We know you haven't Phil and to be honest, your club do deserve some credit for recovering from the worst possible position so quickly. As much it's fun to laugh at you having to struggle out of the Conference, the fact is many other teams have been down there and never recovered. I noticed last night that Stockport lost to FC United of Manchester in the Conference North and was thinking how it is not really that long ago that I was watching the City play them in league 1. Taking the mickey about your promotion only happening in the last minutes of last season is also like moaning about a 93 minute winner in a single game, it still counts. Getting back to league 1 so quickly is a huge achievement for your club.

Most of the more sensible commentators on this thread are really just amazed at the gullibility of your fan base, even in this post you say Wael stated from the beginning that he would not throw money at the club, yet at the level that the club is at and with the facilities you have that surely is the only option if you wish to progress. The guy is a part of successful business family and must know this, so the only conclusion can be he doesn't have it to throw. A lot of your fanbase don't seem to have worked this out and still bandy the term "billionaire" around. This is an example of the kind of thing that keeps this thread alive. 

Look at how they swallowed Higgs' "watertight contract" line in the face of so many points from people with legal backgrounds pointing out that Sainsburys wouldn't be turned over easily.

I watch this thread with the same look of bemusement at the antics of your club and fans as I have when watching Rude Tube and thinking "what did you expect to happen when you jumped off a roof into a paddling pool?"

Bert Tann comes on here and understands that, he takes the piss in the same way we do about our own club when they do daft things, like we all do with people we love who do daft things. I thought you understood this too until recently, but your recent posts suggest you need to take a step back, look in from the outside a little and understand what motivates us to post in this thread.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 11

Is anybody else still confused as to why there are so many rovers fans on our forum??? 

As if anything they say is gonna be taken seriously. We dont care that we have a massive thread about them like this, its a drop in the ocean for how obsessed they have been over the last 15 years. 

They literally have no ammunition to give....quite pathetic really....

• Like 1

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Is anybody else still confused as to why there are so many rovers fans on our forum??? 

As if anything they say is gonna be taken seriously. We dont care that we have a massive thread about them like this, its a drop in the ocean for how obsessed they have been over the last 15 years. 

They have plenty of ammo. Don't you know they scored a goal against Cardiff?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Same old story when they are doing rubbish they are nowhere to be seen. A couple are decent posters In the Net and Phil but the rest are sad bellends.

• Like 5

it was the evil post that called him a billionaire

IIRC the post's first story on  this was sometime after sags had been posting on gaschat that he was a billionaire, and we know the post regularly use gaschat and the mighty OTIB as a source for stories. Given the timing of posts on gaschat and the first post story appearing, it clearly appears that they basically picked up this 'fact' that he is a billionaire from your fans. The fact that the post and many gas still refer to him as a billionaire, even after he himself has stated that he isn't, says so much about both...

Not only were your fellow sags calling him a billionaire, some were quoting figures making him significantly richer than Bill Gates, others that he was worth 10bn+, that you were now something like the 6th richest club in the country (or world?, I forget).

phil, you may not have made these claims, but so many of your fellow gasheads have and still do!

You're such a big fan of Bristol Rovers it seems you can hardly ever even bear to refer to them by that name.

Gas this, gas that, gasheads blah blah blah.

You seem ashamed to support 'Bristol Rovers' - understandable - and are just fixated with some weird entity/minority cult called 'gas'.

Still, no doubt prevents you feeling too associated with the diabolical football, shitty stolen stadium, and perennial bitter enclave of envy that is Bristol Rovers F.C.

• Like 1