IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

57 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What has this got to do with the Gas?

29 minutes ago, Kingcider said:

Is their new owner not Jordanian ? ,surely legitimate to comment on the human rights situation in that country !

someone shot on their way to a court.... but hey if it's relevant - I guess we are a English club and English owner - every child rape, murder, con artist, death in England I'll be sure to post and tag your name to it so people know who it's for/who's interested in it, after all it's relevant right ? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

someone shot on their way to a court.... but hey if it's relevant - I guess we are a English club and English owner - every child rape, murder, con artist, death in England I'll be sure to post and tag your name to it so people know who it's for/who's interested in it, after all it's relevant right ? 

No,because we hear about that via English media.We do not get to find out what is happening in other countries a lot of the time as English media is very insular.Thanks for the offer though.

12 hours ago, zippycar said:

From the BBC news website

"A Jordanian writer charged with offending Islam after allegedly sharing a satirical cartoon on his Facebook page has been killed.

Nahid Hattar was hit by three bullets outside the court in the capital Amman where he was standing trial."

Glad this sort of thing doesn't go on in Guernsey

As they say "Lie down with dogs"

Jordan writer in blasphemy case Nahid Hattar killed

I really dont think this is in good taste. Using a persons murder by an extremist terrorist to try and take a pot shot at the gas... Simply because their owner comes from the same country? No. Just, no. I cant believe people are trying to defend it either. 

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Kingcider said:

Perhaps better placed in the non football section ? I found it interesting,not trying to score points.

Certainly something 'different' to find interest in. Did you hear Russia bombed Aleppo? Knew it'd happen as I have a Russian colleague in work and he's a ****.

12 minutes ago, Kingcider said:

Sorry,I still don't see it.Should we not have an interest in world news.Anyway as I said probably best in the non football section.

My point was that a singular incident in another country does not represent  another person from that country, especially when they aren't even in the country.

I tried making the point by sarcastically saying a Russian I know is a ****, as if that would have any slight impact on the completely non-relevant event happening elsewhere, completely out of said persons control. 

Edited by Griffin
  • Like 1

There's a vague fragment of a point mentioning something like this. 

It again demonstrates what a volatile region Jordan sits in. A small country with few natural resources and with Islamist nutters in it. Not the best place to have your family's assets located and another reason why we should be thankful for having a local owner.

Now 'tis time to move on and discuss more germaine points: like how refs are continually conned into awarding the Sags penalties.  They'd be bottom of the table without their regular-as-clockwork second half penalties.  I feel someone should write to the refs'organisation to point out this trend.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

There's a vague fragment of a point mentioning something like this. 

It again demonstrates what a volatile region Jordan sits in. A small country with few natural resources and with Islamist nutters in it. Not the best place to have your family's assets located and another reason why we should be thankful for having a local owner.

Now 'tis time to move on and discuss more germaine points: like how refs are continually conned into awarding the Sags penalties.  They'd be bottom of the table without their regular-as-clockwork second half penalties.  I feel someone should write to the refs'organisation to point out this trend.

So...we get penalties. More than any other team...suspect not. Do we have any 'real' money, any more than you lot? I care not. I guess the only real thing I actually laugh at on here is how some of your fans, and again I say some...like to say that fans of clubs like Swindon, Cardiff, Plymouth say they hate us more than you lot- complete utter joke talking to fans of those clubs over many years in my experience. But then this 'gas logic' thing you harp on about is , of course for your own amusement...as your very being is for ours,I like it this way..

Edited by st andrews gas
spelling

2 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

So...we get penalties. More than any other team...suspect not. Do we have any 'real' money, any more than you lot? I care not. I guess the only real thing I actually laugh at on here is how some of your fans, and again I say some...like to say that fans of clubs like Swindon, Cardiff, Plymouth say they hate us more than you lot- complete utter joke talking to fans of those clubs over many years in my experience. But then this 'gas logic' thing you harp on about is , of course for your own amusement...as your very existance is for ours,,I like it this way..

Re Penalties.  More than us certainly!  We have to rely on scoring goals from open play. The old-fashioned way!

Do fans of other teams hate Rovers more than City? I don't know, I'm not one of those fans . I suspect most are ambivalent about both clubs. You're talking to the wrong man here.

Do I think incidence of Gas bad behaviour has been played down in the local media in a way City would be crucified over? Damn right I do!

• Like 3

• Admin
6 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

I guess the only real thing I actually laugh at on here is how some of your fans, and again I say some...like to say that fans of clubs like Swindon, Cardiff, Plymouth say they hate us more than you lot- complete utter joke talking to fans of those clubs over many years in my experience.

Possibly correct - but no doubt the reason that they dislike us is because we a much more successful than most of those tin pot clubs - yourselves included.

I do wonder if you would really expect someone you were talking to about local football to actually say they preferred City to Rovers as it would be clear to them they were talking to a Rover fan !

Clearly as you mention #gaslogic

6 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

So...we get penalties. More than any other team...suspect not. Do we have any 'real' money, any more than you lot? I care not. I guess the only real thing I actually laugh at on here is how some of your fans, and again I say some...like to say that fans of clubs like Swindon, Cardiff, Plymouth say they hate us more than you lot- complete utter joke talking to fans of those clubs over many years in my experience. But then this 'gas logic' thing you harp on about is , of course for your own amusement...as your very being is for ours,I like it this way..

Interesting comment. So what about our complete and utter superiority and dominance over your ragbag outfit do you find amusing?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Re Penalties.  More than us certainly!  We have to rely on scoring goals from open play. The old-fashioned way!

Do fans of other teams hate Rovers more than City? I don't know, I'm not one of those fans . I suspect most are ambivalent about both clubs. You're talking to the wrong man here.

Do I think incidence of Gas bad behaviour has been played down in the local media in a way City would be crucified over? Damn right I do!

Be interested to read any evidence on that Red-Robbo...apart from the boring horse-punching incident which has become boring...

2 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Be interested to read any evidence on that Red-Robbo...apart from the boring horse-punching incident which has become boring...

Swindon? Chelsea? Both all over Social Media, including gas heads talking about it, but nothing in the papers.

38 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Horse punching on relegation.

Posters threatening the squad around the training ground (or something to that effect, can't remember exactly) before your conference season.

Fans running on the team coach to try and punch your players.

Opposition players being punched and racially abused by your fans.

Need I go on?

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Horse punching on relegation.

Posters threatening the squad around the training ground (or something to that effect, can't remember exactly) before your conference season.

Fans running on the team coach to try and punch your players.

Opposition players being punched and racially abused by your fans.

Need I go on?

boob cricket

Attacking families

Do we want our football club to be owned by local people who made good and  have the club , the community and the City at the heart of what they want to achieve. 

Or the club to be owned by overseas  Arab business men who come to England on a big ego trip trying to make name for themselves.

I always find it slightly disconcerting that Rovers fans users Jordians flags for their avitars on line.   I never saw Cardiff or Man City fans using flags of their foreign owners.

Rovers made a great play in the past about them being a grass root club , than a foreign owner comes along promising riches and quickly they sold their principals quicker than the Lib Dems trying to get into a coalition government.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Possibly correct - but no doubt the reason that they dislike us is because we a much more successful than most of those tin pot clubs - yourselves included.

I do wonder if you would really expect someone you were talking to about local football to actually say they preferred City to Rovers as it would be clear to them they were talking to a Rover fan !

Clearly as you mention #gaslogic

And anybody that's neutral tends to prefer the smaller club:

Stoke or Port Vale

Notts Forest or Notts County

Chelsea or Brentford

et cetera

• Like 2