IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, cynic said:

TBF, I think Wally is like a kid in a sweetshop and wants to do the right thing for the Pikeys.

But his family are business driven and they will have an eye on the prospect of a big building plot which they got for peanuts.

OMG, just had a worrying  thought, imagine if they discover oil under the Mem before they pack up the tents and leave, dammit, with their luck something like that might f'ing well happen.....

Goodnight everyone, sleep well don't have nightmares.

I think the crowd would have been more if the game hadnt been postponed from a Saturday to a Tuesday.

However a good result for us and keeps us firmly in the top half which will do me.

i wouldnt turn down another promotion but i think we need to stabalise first and.sort some more off field things before we could go up and stay up

Heres to each of us blowing it in the play-offs.:laugh:

1 hour ago, Hello said:

I think the crowd would have been more if the game hadnt been postponed from a Saturday to a Tuesday.

However a good result for us and keeps us firmly in the top half which will do me.

i wouldnt turn down another promotion but i think we need to stabalise first and.sort some more off field things before we could go up and stay up

Heres to each of us blowing it in the play-offs.:laugh:

It was free and you couldn't get more than 11.5/12k anyway and couldn't even get that! 

If I was Wally, I'd find that very concerning! 

I think that if you are in your current position come January, you'd do well not to lose Dopey and/or Taylor to a proper club. 

9 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Tents absorb noise. The only logical explanation. 

Horace has very sensitive ears and the only time he's heard anything from the Methanium was the mass groan when Sir Colin of Mansfield scored that goal and the subsequent neighing of battered horses.

It's his birthday tomorrow, by the way.

IT IZZ IT IZZ. I WILL BE LOTS AND LOTS <°¥¥.

Edited by Aizoon

I love you lot.  The more you take the p*ss out of everything the Gas are - ground, fans, resources, players, manager etc.etc. - the more remarkable their position in League One becomes.  I would not bet against them getting promotion this season.  They have a winning mentality and you can't buy that.  They also tend to get better as the season goes on, and have an impressive record in play-offs.  Looks as if relegation to the Conference may turn out to have been the best thing that ever happened to them...

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I love you lot.  The more you take the p*ss out of everything the Gas are - ground, fans, resources, players, manager etc.etc. - the more remarkable their position in League One becomes.  I would not bet against them getting promotion this season.  They have a winning mentality and you can't buy that.  They also tend to get better as the season goes on, and have an impressive record in play-offs.  Looks as if relegation to the Conference may turn out to have been the best thing that ever happened to them...

It was certainly one of the better things that has happened for me.

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

it's November 2nd.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was free and you couldn't get more than 11.5/12k anyway and couldn't even get that! 

If I was Wally, I'd find that very concerning! 

I think that if you are in your current position come January, you'd do well not to lose Dopey and/or Taylor to a proper club. 

Taylors stock has never been higher .cheap so low risk for any club  he won't be there come the end of January.. 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Can't polish a turd, they can be unbeaten until May for all I care they'll still be ragbag rovers, tents gazebo's n all. 

When was the last time a team won three successive promotions? I donk think its ever happened at professional level, although I remember Cambridge coming really close in the 90s.

Im going to put my neck on the line and say that theres more chance of me coming back from the dead and declaring a democratic North Korea than there is those tramps playing in the Championship next season! And for the sake of balance, I think the same applies for our chances of being in the Premier League next year too.

But at least we've got the infrastructure and finances to have a good go at it in the future. Theyve got good momentum, a fantastic manager and a 20 goal a season striker but all of those things could be gone in a whisker. We've yet to see anything tangiable from them to show that they really mean business.

Edited by Kim_il_sung

14 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Taylors stock has never been higher .cheap so low risk for any club  he won't be there come the end of January.. 

But he signed a new contract with a min release clause, so Rovers will get something out of the deal - if he had left in the summer they would have been in trouble...

They were a non league side. That'll never lay down in South Bristol! 

Non league side Bristol Rovers, still makes me giggle.

6 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Not sure what he signed, but pretty sure there was a January release clause if the right club came calling? Im sure one of our friendly blue few guests could clarify.

As far as I remember there weren't any details like this disclosed, I remember people suggesting it could be a 6 month/1 year contract (hopefully), minimum money going Rovers way if that's the case. I can't think of any other reason to hide details that are generally known as common knowledge.

10 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Did he? Wasn't it a undisclosed contract?

7 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Not sure what he signed, but pretty sure there was a January release clause if the right club came calling? Im sure one of our friendly blue few guests could clarify.

True that they did not disclose the details but Taylor did say that he signed a contract so that the club could benefit from any future transfer - I guess mutual back scratching for when he could not get a contract last year (which I still do not understand).

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Fiale said:

True that they did not disclose the details but Taylor did say that he signed a contract so that the club could benefit from any future transfer - I guess mutual back scratching for when he could not get a contract last year (which I still do not understand).

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Kim_il_sung said:

When was the last time a team won three successive promotions? I donk think its ever happened at professional level, although I remember Cambridge coming really close in the 90s.

Im going to put my neck on the line and say that theres more chance of me coming back from the dead and declaring a democratic North Korea than there is those tramps playing in the Championship next season! And for the sake of balance, I think the same applies for our chances of being in the Premier League next year too.

But at least we've got the infrastructure and finances to have a good go at it in the future. Theyve got good momentum, a fantastic manager and a 20 goal a season striker but all of those things could be gone in a whisker. We've yet to see anything tangiable from them to show that they really mean business.

But they don't need to get 3 promotions now, only 1. What's gone has gone and they are in a decent position in their division. 

The fact they are off the back of 2 previous promotions is utterly irrelevant to their chances of being promoted this season. 

If it happens, then of course it would be some achievement, but for now, they have every chance of getting promoted this season. 

TBF, If Roverzzz do secure 3 consecutive promotions it will be a fantastic achievement.

However, as I pointed out to a gAsshole at work the other day, 1 of those would have been from a semi professional league,so the first one isn't much to crow about.

• Like 1

those tramps playing in the Championship next season!

But would a small part of you not love to have the derby resurrected, perhaps for a season or two.

For me the ideal would be that we finish this season somewhere between 7th and 10th.  This would be a great season, and a huge improvement on last season.  However, we would avoid the pain of the (inevitable) play-off loss and be able to plan for 2017/18 knowing where we stood.

At the same time Rovers do manage to get promoted.  

We then have two seasons of finishing comfortably above them, handing out 4 nice defeats in the process.  Finally, in 2019/20 we romp to the Championship title as they descend once more into League 1 and oblivion.

Edited by ExiledAjax

When was the last time a team won three successive promotions? I donk think its ever happened at professional level, although I remember Cambridge coming really close in the 90s...

I remember Wimbledon getting promoted three times in four seasons back in the eighties and then finishing 6th in the top div in their first season up there, that was incredible...

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

They're not Swindle.

24 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But would a small part of you not love to have the derby resurrected, perhaps for a season or two.

For me the ideal would be that we finish this season somewhere between 7th and 10th.  This would be a great season, and a huge improvement on last season.  However, we would avoid the pain of the (inevitable) play-off loss and be able to plan for 2017/18 knowing where we stood.

At the same time Rovers do manage to get promoted.  

We then have two seasons of finishing comfortably above them, handing out 4 nice defeats in the process.  Finally, in 2019/20 we romp to the Championship title as they descend once more into League 1 and oblivion.

If Carlsberg did football campaigns.....

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Absolutely not !

They crow on about how superior they are now - even though on and off the pitch they are still miles behind

Imagine the noise if they were actually competing in the same league as us !

• Like 1