IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

A few balanced and reasoned points made by one or two posters, but most remain delusional;

"I thought all the Bristol sport corporate stuff was a bit sinister, I hope we never end up that way if we do go up. "

"We've just got to keep our squad and staff together and keep progressing and I honestly believe we'll overtake them some time in the next few years. To be honest I don't really care that much the way I see it is we're a better club than them regardless of league position because we didn't turn our backs on our club like they did theirs in their darkest times. But of course it would be great to play and beat them in the league again."

"I know the way we are run as a club right now we can, and will get to the top level - will they?"

41 minutes ago, 22A said:

To be honest I don't really care that much the way I see it is we're a better club than them regardless of league position because we didn't turn our backs on our club like they did theirs in their darkest times. But of course it would be great to play and beat them in the league again."

Presumably the person who wrote that golden nugget realises the crowd at their last game at Eastville was 3576.

Never turned their backs !!!

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Just the 19,000 there. If only we could give out free tickets and barely muster a 10k crowd. 

Why do they bother? They're on the verge of a potential 3rd promotion in a row yet they still can't sell out a capacity of 5 white seats, a tent and a gazebo.

But on one of their previous threads one of their fans was claiming that we ARE giving away free tickets. Despite there being no evidence of this their fans lapped that up. They are the Trump  supporters of British football.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

19096 for a night match on television and it was Guy Fawkes night too. What was their excuse for getting just over 8k for a Saturday game recenty? oh yeah, it was cycling in the town centre wasn't it? 

Do the horse punching inbred forkwits not realise that 19000 attendance in a 27000 seater stadium is (a) almost double their attendance this week (b) not padded out with freebies and (c) will mean there are 8000 spare seats (or put it another way, 10 times the number they have)?

Of course they sell out every week and would fill our ground with those locked out.

Or put it another way, disapppointing that we only got 19000 for a match that was in the box with a daft kck off time. 

3 hours ago, 22A said:

A few balanced and reasoned points made by one or two posters, but most remain delusional;

"I thought all the Bristol sport corporate stuff was a bit sinister, I hope we never end up that way if we do go up. "

Except Bristol Sport grew out of Bristol City and our owner's ambition to do something for the city. They on the other hand sold out to someone they'd never heard of (to avoid going under methinks) and are now just the football and horse-punching franchises of an offshore corporate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomarse said:

There are no words 

76B2C299-7E72-43EB-8B4F-99867C7E87E7.jpg

Can anyone remember how many they took to their play off final against Grimsby in what was arguably their biggest ever game?

I seem to recall that tickets were split in 3 ways, the two competing clubs and a neutral area.

Just wondering if it add any clarity to the 'embarrassment' of only getting 19,000 at home, for a televised game on what is traditionally a night of the year when people go to fireworks display.

I'm sure they'll have sold hundreds of thousands but the number escapes me.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can anyone remember how many they took to their play off final against Grimsby in what was arguably their biggest ever game?

I seem to recall that tickets were split in 3 ways, the two competing clubs and a neutral area.

Just wondering if it add any clarity to the 'embarrassment' of only getting 19,000 at home, for a televised game on what is traditionally a night of the year when people go to fireworks display.

I'm sure they'll have sold hundreds of thousands but the number escapes me.

It was around 25k I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

So, they took less than the capacity of our stadium to Wembley for the biggest match in their history.

#tinpot

But they sold forty times that number of tickets plus most of the "neutrals" were supporting the most famous and popular   team in history weren't they?

I get the piss take, if I were a deluded numpty I'd be giving us some if we lost or got knocked out of a cup by a non league team, that sort of thing.

But to try and gloat over us only getting double the gate for a televised game that they get when you didn't even have to pay to get in smacks of all kinds of stupid. It's the equivalent of us  taking the micky out of Man City for only getting 54k and not filling the stadium, as I've said before if Dumb was an Olympic event ........... Gold medals all round for the clowns in the quartered shirts 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Surely the bigger question is why were the squatting horse punchers watching our game when it was bonfire night? 

Also he obviously doesn't recall the game where a Brighton player hid behind the goal post,the sag keeper at the time rolled the ball forward ,when the Brighton player nipped in and put the ball into the empty net,now THATS f****** hilarious .Or did I dream it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Also he obviously doesn't recall the game where a Brighton player hid behind the goal post,the sag keeper at the time rolled the ball forward ,when the Brighton player nipped in and put the ball into the empty net,now THATS f****** hilarious .Or did I dream it.

Nope - you didn't dream it!

• Like 4