IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This.

If they don't show what a farce they've made the competition the organisers will never learn.

A number of teams did the same last night and in the previous rounds of matches. Excellent way to highlight the cr@pness of this year's competition.

13 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Wow he was a complete tosser from what i remember. I also remember him scoring that goal after about 28 seconds after KO at ashton gate in 2000?

Yep,he really shouldn't of put his finger to his lips.

• Admin
15 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Wow he was a complete tosser from what i remember. I also remember him scoring that goal after about 28 seconds after KO at ashton gate in 2000?

Can remember when he played for Rushden & Diamonds against at their place around Christmas 2003

Right from the warm up, we were in the ear of Bignot. Rushden took the lead fairly early and he was giving it the big I am again - but further into the game he didn't want to join in the "friendly banter" we were having with him. Just after the half hour point remember him completely losing the plot and being lucky to remain on the pitch.

Of course we equalised, then as the game went on the Rushden players were losing their heads and eventually one of their team was sent off right at the end of the game - can still remember Bignot getting loads of abuse from the away end, and he had to be dragged back at the full time whistle from us all 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We've only lost to one non league club in the FA Cup haven't we? But it was Tottenham Hotspur and they won the cup that year!

And we usually put them in their place...e.g. 9-2 vs St Albans...

Yep, a prowed record. It`s why I dread drawing one of the buggers, it`s bound to happen sooner or later. When you think how often we`ve played non league sides it is a pretty good achievement never to have lost to one.

43 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yep, a prowed record. It`s why I dread drawing one of the buggers, it`s bound to happen sooner or later. When you think how often we`ve played non league sides it is a pretty good achievement never to have lost to one.

Before Salisbury City imploded it was my biggest dread - "Bristol City will play... Salisbury City". I just knew it would end in tears. My mate on the terraces at Salisbury told me that he had a similar worry, but Crystal Palace in his case.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well, as I said above, we lost to,Spurs when they were non league in 1903 but did anyone else realise the sags were also non league (again!) in that period??!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1902–03_Southern_Football_League

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We've only lost to one non league club in the FA Cup haven't we? But it was Tottenham Hotspur and they won the cup that year!

And we usually put them in their place...e.g. 9-2 vs St Albans...

Sadly no, three defeats to non leaguers in ten years.

City lost at home to Crewe 3-0 in 1910/11. They joined the League ten years later. That remains City's biggest Cup upset.

In 1905-06 we lost 2-1 at Brentford who also joined the League in 20-21.

Reading like the other two, joined the League in 20-21 and they beat City in the 1900-01 season after drawing at AG.

Edited by 22A

46 minutes ago, 22A said:

Sadly no, three defeats to non leaguers in ten years.

City lost at home to Crewe 3-0 in 1910/11. They joined the League ten years later. That remains City's biggest Cup upset.

In 1905-06 we lost 2-1 at Brentford who also joined the League in 20-21.

Reading like the other two, joined the League in 20-21 and they beat City in the 1900-01 season after drawing at AG.

So, not for 105 years then, that`ll do for me.