IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Strange thing is both clubs on averaging there highest gates for many years,rovers 9,000+ and our 19,000+ which is good news for both clubs.

Would it be closer if rovers get the uwe? possibly but its a big gap for them to close ie 10,000 fans,

historically i wonder when the last time rovers averaged more than city over a season? i think it must have happened in the 1950"s?

To be fair for our crowds to be 9,000 plus avg in the wreck thats called the Mem shows our potential for growth in a new stadium.In league one at the UWE our avg would be somewhere between 11k and 15k depending how we were doing.In the Championship in the UWE we could pull anywhere between 13k - 19k depending on where we were in the table,whom we were playing etc..

Edited by icegas

6 minutes ago, icegas said:

To be fair for our crowds to be 9,000 plus avg in the wreck thats called the Mem shows our potential for growth in a new stadium.In league one at the UWE our avg would be somewhere between 11k and 15k depending how we were doing.In the Championship in the UWE could pull anywhere between 13k - 19k depending on where we were in the table,whom we were playing etc..

Aren't your team involved in a home game right now?

Presumably you won't be one of these extra fans then!

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, icegas said:

To be fair for our crowds to be 9,000 plus avg in the wreck thats called the Mem shows our potential for growth in a new stadium.In league one at the UWE our avg would be somewhere between 11k and 15k depending how we were doing.In the Championship in the UWE we could pull anywhere between 13k - 19k depending on where we were in the table,whom we were playing etc..

Aren't you're team playing at the moment. And you're on here chatting shit .

• Like 5

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Aren't your team involved in a home game right now?

Presumably you we won't be one of these extra fans then!

I expect he's listening to it on the radio then will feel compelled to ring in to Radio Bristol and give his opinion on a match he never saw.

34 minutes ago, icegas said:

So if you were in championship then you would be getting the same us? Bullshit would you, when are you lot gonna wake up?! 

1) There wont be a UWE.

2) You dont have as many supporters as us.

3) Your owner/board does not have the financial backing which is apparently why we are a better than you.

Anyway.....I thought the rovers fans were against modern football?? Funny that.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

....and to think they were taking the piss out of us for 'only' managing 20k against Cardiff for a 12:00 kick off a few weeks ago. 10.5k at the Mem today for the visit of Swindon who brought more than 1k fans.

Local derby, great home form, well within touch of the Play Offs in their best season for 18 years and they muster about 9k home fans. Presumably there was another bike ride taking place somewhere in Bristol today?

I suppose if they get to play us next season in their cup final they might manage to get over 10k home fans for once....

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, icegas said:

Wow ,  that's some strong medication you're taking pal.

57 minutes ago, icegas said:

At home on the computer , on another clubs forum (nearly put rival but that isn't the case) during a home game?

Locked out were you ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, icegas said:

What a crock of crap! When did you last average 11k let alone 15k? 19k is absolutely laughable. 

Pure unadulterated delusion, just as we have grown to expect from a methane snorter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Knocked out of the cup and Ian Holloway unfortunately loses at home to Burton Albion?

That's the way it goes....

Anyway, as you're here (and I know how much you lot love talking about attendances), how come you couldn't manage to get 10k Sagheads turn up for your big local derby today? It's not as if you're having a shit season...

No wonder Wally the multi billionaire doesn't want to pay for a 21k stadium himself, I don't blame him, what's the point? 

On 27 January 2017 at 20:52, bobby kellard was go said:

historically i wonder when the last time rovers averaged more than city over a season? i think it must have happened in the 1950"s?

81/82 season, we were 4th div, they were 3rd div. Its the only time they've done it in the last 52 years. 

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That's the way it goes....

Anyway, as you're here (and I know how much you lot love talking about attendances), how come you couldn't manage to get 10k Sagheads turn up for your big local derby today? It's not as if you're having a shit season...

No wonder Wally the multi billionaire doesn't want to pay for a 21k stadium himself, I don't blame him, what's the point? 

81/82 season, we were 4th div, they were 3rd div. Its the only time they've done it in the last 52 years.