IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

28 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Oh yes! We`ll always have Hayes!

I dread the day when we finally break our duck and lose to a non-league side in the cup, it`s a terrific stick to poke them with and they can have no answer to it.

We'll always have sticks to poke them with, no matter what. :thumbsup:

Decent away following to be fair,

they Wîll how ever go on about taking 4K away every week now and use it as proof that they are better supported then us, dispite the fact that we've had a bigger home and away following for 30 plus years with the statistics to back it up 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Decent away following to be fair,

they Wîll how ever go on about taking 4K away every week now and use it as proof that they are better supported then us, dispite the fact that we've had a bigger home and away following for 30 plus years with the statistics to back it up 

No problem all you have to do is remind them of the score against the crappiest team in the league and how it`s screwed their so called play off push.

49 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

went down there today, quite a few city fans there as well, was a cracking win

wasn't bad was it

good strike for the third and the "farmy army" made me laugh

Honestly seen them play much better than today, but a 4-1 is nothing to be sniffed at. On Tuesday they have a semi final game in the Gloucester Cup, their opponents have scored 21 times in their 2 games before today (apparently!) so that could be a defensive test for them

If what I have seen is right, 5 points will guarantee them the title, if the other top teams drop points in their games in hand then one more win will do it.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 2

4000 away is a good following can't knock that but its been years since they have played the likes of Coventry, Sheffield Utd, Bolton etc so those type of games are a big draw for a team that have only been in the football league for 2 years and if you had to play home games in one of the worst grounds in the league and worse than many in the Conference a trip to somewhere like Coventry must seem like a trip to Wembley and I'm guessing they haven't played there before so a new ground for them.

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, weepywall said:

4000 away is a good following can't knock that but its been years since they have played the likes of Coventry, Sheffield Utd, Bolton etc so those type of games are a big draw for a team that have only been in the football league for 2 years and if you had to play home games in one of the worst grounds in the league and worse than many in the Conference a trip to somewhere like Coventry must seem like a trip to Wembley and I'm guessing they haven't played there before so a new ground for them.

Fair point. Not bad for a club that's only been full-time professional for two years. Must have been a bit of a thrill for Coventry fans to see a team that's burst out of non league obscurity so recently, too....

Edited by Aizoon
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

wasn't bad was it

good strike for the third and the "farmy army" made me laugh

Honestly seen them play much better than today, but a 4-1 is nothing to be sniffed at. On Tuesday they have a semi final game in the Gloucester Cup, their opponents have scored 21 times in their 2 games before today (apparently!) so that could be a defensive test for them

If what I have seen is right, 5 points will guarantee them the title, if the other top teams drop points in their games in hand then one more win will do it.

I try and get down a bit so it's good to see them doing well.

It was funny the one guy standing by us trying to start off chants about every single one of the players, seemed like a right character haha.

I might try and go down on Tuesday, should be a decent game, then theres last game of the season which is on the same day as Brighton I think which is a shame.

If they go up it will be the highest they've ever been which is a great achievement and they'll be up against the likes of Taunton and Yate which will be great for them

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, weepywall said:

On a ground/stadium page on FB a gAss head said it was the biggest following for 20+ years and that they hadn't played Con since 1963 so novelty value for sure. Very good following (al be it deluded) which ever way you stack it up. 
How sad they lost.
I'm claiming last weeks 4-0 and today Gastastrophy as my work, I so bad at betting that all I have to do to get someone to lose is bet on them. Did Hudd's last week (deliberately) and that sorry lot today , by my recconing if I bet on every team we play we could be safe in 3 weeks :dance:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I try and get down a bit so it's good to see them doing well.

It was funny the one guy standing by us trying to start off chants about every single one of the players, seemed like a right character haha.

I might try and go down on Tuesday, should be a decent game, then theres last game of the season which is on the same day as Brighton I think which is a shame.

If they go up it will be the highest they've ever been which is a great achievement and they'll be up against the likes of Taunton and Yate which will be great for them

Same here, on the day of the West Brom away game last year, I was actually heading to watch Manor Farm in the FA Vase away at a team in Portsmouth. As I got into Bristol (was going to go on the coach) I got a text to say the game was postponed, so had to quickly change my plans and got tickets to see the West Brom match

Think if other results go their way then they can secure promotion and the title with their next win, which would be great, after slipping away at the tail end of last season they have really pushed on and focused on the league this time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

One Team In Bristol !

Even the Coventry fans know it !     (0.16)

Good lad, anyone who takes such obvious pleasure in beating Rovers and seeing their fans miserable is OK by me.

"Were loving it, and they're hating it."

Kicking off, eh? Rovers sore losers? Can't be true. :whistle2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If you call kicking off about 20 Rovers running into the car park and chanting 'Rovers, Rovers' at Coventry fans who responded with chants of '1-0' then yes it kicked off.

Just going by the video cheif. I wasn't  there, I thank my lucky stars daily that my old man is a red.

No need to get so defensive. 

26 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If you call kicking off about 20 Rovers running into the car park and chanting 'Rovers, Rovers' at Coventry fans who responded with chants of '1-0' then yes it kicked off.

Steady Miah, unlike you to get stroppy, have a good day? Always enjoyed going to Coventry, one of our luckier grounds

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Steady Miah, unlike you to get stroppy, have a good day? Always enjoyed going to Coventry, one of our luckier grounds

Sorry, I certainly didn't mean to come across as stroppy or defensive, I just meant that nothing really happened. It was an awful game, that Coventry deserved to win, but apart from that bit , yes we had a good day thanks. We went to that canalside pub the Greyhound, lovely spot for a drink and some food, pleasant stroll to the ground, then it all went horribly wrong!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sorry, I certainly didn't mean to come across as stroppy or defensive, I just meant that nothing really happened. It was an awful game, that Coventry deserved to win, but apart from that bit , yes we had a good day thanks. We went to that canalside pub the Greyhound, lovely spot for a drink and some food, pleasant stroll to the ground, then it all went horribly wrong!

Yes, one of the best, bit of a long walk on the tow pah (mud slide)

.Last time we went there was the added attraction of a barge trying to do a 3 point turn, failing and getting stuck....of course we were all sympathetic to his plight ! :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Class reply, some on here would do well to take a leaf out of your book, to be fair to Rovers you have emerged from the dark days with some merit, and still pushing to the Championship, although I reckon this defeat is going to make it very hard now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Glad to hear it! 

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Fair do's squire. 

24 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, one of the best, bit of a long walk on the tow pah (mud slide)

.Last time we went there was the added attraction of a barge trying to do a 3 point turn, failing and getting stuck....of course we were all sympathetic to his plight ! :P

Yeah I was drinking in there that game, must have been embarrassing for him as it was let alone having a pub full of people laughing and chanting "you don't know what you're doing" to him :laughcont:

Landlord started selling us some random rough cider that he said he had for ages that the locals wouldn't touch, good times :drunk2: and then we won 3-1 I think, happy days!

• Like 1