IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Great, now all we will hear about is how the 15ers are "da bestest fanns in da wurld coz 50 persent ov are suport gos awey n on capasity n persentages we iz dereful da bestest eva!!!!!1!!!"

They will be prowed of that. 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sorry, I certainly didn't mean to come across as stroppy or defensive, I just meant that nothing really happened. It was an awful game, that Coventry deserved to win, but apart from that bit , yes we had a good day thanks. We went to that canalside pub the Greyhound, lovely spot for a drink and some food, pleasant stroll to the ground, then it all went horribly wrong!

many years ago when rovers played at eastville they were allways at the top of the 3rd div now league 1 until about 6 or 7 games to go, then funnily enough they always slipped down at the last minute, it was well known that they did not want to go up preferring a constant promotion push to struggling in the league above, I would not be surprised if the last thing rovers really wanted was promotion.

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sorry, I certainly didn't mean to come across as stroppy or defensive, I just meant that nothing really happened. It was an awful game, that Coventry deserved to win, but apart from that bit , yes we had a good day thanks. We went to that canalside pub the Greyhound, lovely spot for a drink and some food, pleasant stroll to the ground, then it all went horribly wrong!

Lovely boozer is the greyhound. Their steak and onion barms are to die for. Been there 3 times myself for our matches, the difference being we WON all 3 of them.

Chatting to a couple of gas mates tonight, they said the atmosphere, for 4,000 fans (fair play) was crap but it happens to us too. When we took 5,000 to MK I thought the noise was garbage as well because the quieter home fans turn up and the noisy boys get split up.

All that said, a bad day for you which cheers us up immensely! :)

5 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

Lovely boozer is the greyhound. Their steak and onion barms are to die for. Been there 3 times myself for our matches, the difference being we WON all 3 of them.

Chatting to a couple of gas mates tonight, they said the atmosphere, for 4,000 fans (fair play) was crap but it happens to us too. When we took 5,000 to MK I thought the noise was garbage as well because the quieter home fans turn up and the noisy boys get split up.

All that said, a bad day for you which cheers us up immensely! :)

We were saying the same ourselves. All very noisy in the concourse before the game, but halfway through the first half it really just died(It was a truly awful game mind). I think we took something like 8 or 9 hundred to Bolton and the atmosphere was brilliant. I suppose it really just does come down to whether your team does give you something to cheer about.

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We were saying the same ourselves. All very noisy in the concourse before the game, but halfway through the first half it really just died(It was a truly awful game mind). I think we took something like 8 or 9 hundred to Bolton and the atmosphere was brilliant. I suppose it really just does come down to whether your team does give you something to cheer about.

And your team regularly gives us plenty to cheer about.

Long may it continue.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, one of the best, bit of a long walk on the tow pah (mud slide)

.Last time we went there was the added attraction of a barge trying to do a 3 point turn, failing and getting stuck....of course we were all sympathetic to his plight ! :P

Haha. I remember that.. Captain Gas!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pillred said:

many years ago when rovers played at eastville they were allways at the top of the 3rd div now league 1 until about 6 or 7 games to go, then funnily enough they always slipped down at the last minute, it was well known that they did not want to go up preferring a constant promotion push to struggling in the league above, I would not be surprised if the last thing rovers really wanted was promotion.

That old chemical formula-a gas that rises and should stay up.

At first,the rise is rapid-but then a steady drop to find its true value..................

Edited by Robert the bruce
correction..
  • Like 1

This is shyte. 4k is a good number to take away but, it's not usual, it's a one off, it's been targeted by many, it was a banker away win (hahahahaha), it's easy to get to and it's a ground they hadn't been to before. Get real, nothing to crow about. It was a once a season experience for them, a once a season jolly to try and humiliate a club going through hard times, and it all went wrong, boohoohoo.

• Like 12

As usual over the social media sites they are all posting pictures as a plea for other fans to say they are 'top' fans. Pretty cringey I must say.

They have never been to the ricoh, and most other sides in the league they havent played in years. We have regularly took loads there and also got what we came for - a win. Imagine if we got to the Prem?

We'd sellout at away games weekly as we havent played many of the sides for a long time, like Newcastle away!

4 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

Just when you think they can`t be any more clueless they come up with `news` that the whole world has known for twenty years. I bet his `mates` faces did fall when he `confronted` them but I suspect it was more due to the fact that they were hoping the ******** wouldn`t be out that night and then he walks through the door.

#goodnightoutruined

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

They are so bitter aren't they?

Yes, he used to go to Eastville...we know that. Doesn't say much about Bristol Rovers that this 'Gashead' was happy to take his son to City matches. 

Of course, as usual, the story told by the OP is clearly bo11ocks made up by a furious Saghead who has had to put up with an evening of being laughed at again. Every story they tell on there ends with one of them proving a pub full of 'shitheads' wrong about something.

Not sure what the **** "Rosy cheek faced ass eyes" are?  

• Like 4

Please don't laugh too much at this post;

"After the usual banter at the pub with $hit heads I enlightened them with pants down being a gas head to which they didn't believe me and showed them a artical and I have just found that Higgs and pants down pic. (Not capable of doing link stuff/ I hope someone will).
It looks like the pic was took at France 98. It's got the camp pirate on on it.
My point being is when pants down was on subs bench over a year ago he said he wasn't interested in rovers after we moved to bath as we (in his rosy cheek faced ass eyes) wasn't a Bristol club any more.
Well that pic if I'm right was taken when we were back in Bristol.
Puzzled. The $hit head faces dropped once showing the Evidence."

53 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

Got told this on the train coming back from Forest. The bloke was a absolute beut wonder if it's the same guy? He also told me Matty Taylor loves it at Rovers and is going nowhere , so that kinda ruined his credibility for me to be honest :rofl2br:

18 minutes ago, 22A said:

Please don't laugh too much at this post;

"After the usual banter at the pub with $hit heads I enlightened them with pants down being a gas head to which they didn't believe me and showed them a artical and I have just found that Higgs and pants down pic. (Not capable of doing link stuff/ I hope someone will).
It looks like the pic was took at France 98. It's got the camp pirate on on it.
My point being is when pants down was on subs bench over a year ago he said he wasn't interested in rovers after we moved to bath as we (in his rosy cheek faced ass eyes) wasn't a Bristol club any more.
Well that pic if I'm right was taken when we were back in Bristol.
Puzzled. The $hit head faces dropped once showing the Evidence."

I would love this to be true honestly.  Imagine them try to explain why he paid for our new stadium....is it all part of some elaborate gas head plan..? 

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I would love this to be true honestly.  Imagine them try to explain why he paid for our new stadium....is it all part of some elaborate gas head plan..? 

Yes, because they are going to move in (and kick City out).

1 minute ago, 22A said:

Yes, because they are going to move in (and kick City out).

This explains the Taylor transfer then, he is obviously a scout  sent ahead to recce the situation. Fair play to them they're very smart individuals...well it's too late to do anything about it now. Damn them pesky pikeys :farmer: