IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

CJ5nJqYWEAAZtNB.jpg

Yeah pick the basic eggs and a load of stuff that will just be put back on the shelf :facepalm:

Sainsbury's share price has dropped by 0.81% today. The plan must be working so it's only a matter of time before the Sainsbury's directors start begging Nick Higgs to let them buy the ground.

• Admin

Found this written on the Evening Post site, finally someone has some sense of it all !! http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-ROVERS-DECISION/story-26891234-detail/story.html

Mr Higgs has shown a total lack of respect for the fans.

His tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. He has shown his derision on the lifeblood of the club, it's fans, by closing the official fans forum, diluted the share scheme by re-issuing shares to the point that 1 million of fans money doesn't even get a measly 2% of the grossly inflated valuation of the club. He has been very economical with the truth and perpetrated that this contract was watertight yet it has been shown, beyond any shadows of a doubt, that it was anything but.

This was supposed to be Higgs area of expertise. He was supposed to be the man who knew, who is an expert at building and the regulations yet the contract was described as a colander rather than watertight. There was a definite cut off point and Sainsbury's made the club aware of its decision not to buy as far back as 2013. Higgs reiterated this watertight comment when interviewed by Geoff Twentyman, on radio Bristol. He even banned an ex director for questioning him and being critical, now proved right by the way, of Higgs and his reading of the facts Nick Higgs has shown himself to be so cut off from reality that it beggars belief. He has lost any credibility he may have had with this failure to deliver.

The unprofessional manner of even draughtiness this contract shows him to be unable to delegate, to people who may have been able to put a contract out that was not open to interpretation and allowed Sainsbury's to wriggle out if it. Regardless of the very poor way Sainsbury's have conducted themselves, the fact remains that the law was and is with them. That is fact. That Higgs felt that if he shouted long enough and loud enough, that he would prevail just shows how very out of touch he really is. I think his refusal, even at this point, to accept defeat shows him to be incapable to run the club. Appeal would mean getting leave to appeal firstly and then the appeal itself.

We are talking years and not Months plus huge sums of money to undertake this. His money is guaranteed back as he is using our only asset to find this. If he is allowed to pursue this then the clubs very existence is in jeopardy. He has lost any credibility, has no integrity and honour and is a tyrant. I use string and emotive words and it's necessary. An unmitigated disaster, no more, no less. He cannot be allowed to borrow even more, against the ground, to put on the roulette wheel of the justice system. He is single handedly taking the club to the brink of not existing.

We have enabled him by not criticising and in not questioning with enough vigour. It's a sad day for the club and even sadder for us long suffering fans. One has to ask, is this man addicted to drama ? Seriously. The Wycombe saga made us a laughing stock and it was bad enough being relegated out if the FL. much of the goodwill that other clubs had for us is now gone. I see that any truly decent man would do his part in bringing in new investment and walking away.

I saw today's verdict as the only way he could be partly forgiven, had the verdict gone our way but now this is done, I see a dead Duck chairman who has holed the good ship Rovers below the waterline yet he still doesn't accept the verdict of an high court judge. You cannot make someone buy something they no longer want to buy and they made it abundantly clear they no longer wanted to buy, a long time ago. So much has come to light now that it shows we were not told the truth and much was misrepresented to the point that one has to wonder about his mental health.

Go now please Higgs. You have done enough damage and when you tell us that without you there would be no Rovers, you only inflame and already very hurt fan base.

• Like 1

Maybe the fact Higgs managed to sell 2% of the club for a million means he is waiting for a similar valuation on the other 98% of the club before he packs up.

Who would be stupid enough to invest a million quid for such a small equity share? Oh yeah, that'll be the supporters.

Can't imagine the ones who thought that was a good decision to be taking a seat on Dragons' Den any time soon.

Maybe the fact Higgs managed to sell 2% of the club for a million means he is waiting for a similar valuation on the other 98% of the club before he packs up.

Who would be stupid enough to invest a million quid for such a small equity share? Oh yeah, that'll be the supporters.

Can't imagine the ones who thought that was a good decision to be taking a seat on Dragons' Den any time soon.

I thought they originally had a much higher percentage holding for their investment and then the Board disapplied pre-emption rights so that they could issue lots more shares to themselves and massively dilute down the Supporters' holding.

I thought they originally had a much higher percentage holding for their investment and then the Board disapplied pre-emption rights so that they could issue lots more shares to themselves and massively dilute down the Supporters' holding.

No idea, they seemed to accept it without protest as per though.

They must love being victims, they've had so many reasons to get organised and to demand answers and change and the closest they've come to it is running away from a police horse on the pitch when they went non league.

fair to say they all deserve each other.

Bingo, Higgs did the dirty on them and they bent over and took it while licking his boots, point this out to them and you are just a jealous sheed who wishes your fan base was as loyal as theirs....

• Like 1

Found this written on the Evening Post site, finally someone has some sense of it all !! http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-ROVERS-DECISION/story-26891234-detail/story.html

His tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. He has shown his derision on the lifeblood of the club, it's fans, by closing the official fans forum, diluted the share scheme by re-issuing shares to the point that 1 million of fans money doesn't even get a measly 2% of the grossly inflated valuation of the club. He has been very economical with the truth and perpetrated that this contract was watertight yet it has been shown, beyond any shadows of a doubt, that it was anything but.

This was supposed to be Higgs area of expertise. He was supposed to be the man who knew, who is an expert at building and the regulations yet the contract was described as a colander rather than watertight. There was a definite cut off point and Sainsbury's made the club aware of its decision not to buy as far back as 2013. Higgs reiterated this watertight comment when interviewed by Geoff Twentyman, on radio Bristol. He even banned an ex director for questioning him and being critical, now proved right by the way, of Higgs and his reading of the facts Nick Higgs has shown himself to be so cut off from reality that it beggars belief. He has lost any credibility he may have had with this failure to deliver.

The unprofessional manner of even draughtiness this contract shows him to be unable to delegate, to people who may have been able to put a contract out that was not open to interpretation and allowed Sainsbury's to wriggle out if it. Regardless of the very poor way Sainsbury's have conducted themselves, the fact remains that the law was and is with them. That is fact. That Higgs felt that if he shouted long enough and loud enough, that he would prevail just shows how very out of touch he really is. I think his refusal, even at this point, to accept defeat shows him to be incapable to run the club. Appeal would mean getting leave to appeal firstly and then the appeal itself.

We are talking years and not Months plus huge sums of money to undertake this. His money is guaranteed back as he is using our only asset to find this. If he is allowed to pursue this then the clubs very existence is in jeopardy. He has lost any credibility, has no integrity and honour and is a tyrant. I use string and emotive words and it's necessary. An unmitigated disaster, no more, no less. He cannot be allowed to borrow even more, against the ground, to put on the roulette wheel of the justice system. He is single handedly taking the club to the brink of not existing.

We have enabled him by not criticising and in not questioning with enough vigour. It's a sad day for the club and even sadder for us long suffering fans. One has to ask, is this man addicted to drama ? Seriously. The Wycombe saga made us a laughing stock and it was bad enough being relegated out if the FL. much of the goodwill that other clubs had for us is now gone. I see that any truly decent man would do his part in bringing in new investment and walking away.

I saw today's verdict as the only way he could be partly forgiven, had the verdict gone our way but now this is done, I see a dead Duck chairman who has holed the good ship Rovers below the waterline yet he still doesn't accept the verdict of an high court judge. You cannot make someone buy something they no longer want to buy and they made it abundantly clear they no longer wanted to buy, a long time ago. So much has come to light now that it shows we were not told the truth and much was misrepresented to the point that one has to wonder about his mental health.

Go now please Higgs. You have done enough damage and when you tell us that without you there would be no Rovers, you only inflame and already very hurt fan base.

Very easy for us to sit here taking the piss on the back of the verdict, and an unbelievable season - some of the suggestions and actions of the Blue Few have been laughable. That, however, is an excellent piece and fair play to the person who scribed it

Can we have less of it though, please. They are the ginger haired stepson who deserve to be mocked mercilessly. Unless you are Red M's ginger haired stepson, she'd love them to bits

Edited by Woodsy

Have I read that right? Have gash supporters bought shares worth 1million from the club for 2% equity?

yep that's what happened!

"What an embarrassing thread. I think I'll continue to shop and get petrol at Sainsburys, just like I continue to drink at The Welly.

How about a protest at the REAL people at fault? Like our chairman who lied for months when he knew the deal was pretty much dead in the water. Or the legal experts who have offered us such poor advice. Or the rest of the board who have overseen two relegations in 4 years in seen the clubs debt dramatically rise. Might be best to get the priorities right first."

There are some sensible gasheads who get the situation. Would like to think that we would have stood up to this numpty, had the boot been on the other foot. They seem to be sleep-walking to administration, letting Higgs use even more good money after bad on a laughable appeal.

How much longer do we have to wait to tell the Slags that Comrade Higgs is another imposter following the long line of successful incursions including Sir John Ward, Lord Clarkson et al?

BTW .. I exchanged my shares for a brick, then swapped the brick for a food voucher. Not many have played the stock market that well I tell you.

• Like 2