IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Sounds like desperation is setting in, Higgs 'bet the farm' in an attempt to make himself eternally popular amongst the majority of their support who only seem to want to get 'one up' on us.

So now it's a case of "**** it! Get anyone to pay for it, who cares if we have to hand over naming rights and pay rent? Get the Yanks in, get the Arabs in....anyone with a few quid even if it means asking ******* SHITHEADS!!!"

Don't think so somehow....

Tough!

• Like 1

Ok, what's the consensus, will they appeal or not?

I think they will.

I think they will.  Higgs is a certain type of businessman - an emotional one.  In smaller companies this level of self-belief and wanting things works brilliantly.  When it gets bigger and more complicated then rules are involved and just because your ego says you want something doesn't mean you're going to get it.  He'll be shouting and banging the table in his total conviction that he is right and deserves to win; the rest of the board will go along with it, the lawyers will encourage him because they'll get another big payday, and they will lose again.

I worked at one medium-sized company which had been built by the efforts of one man, yet ultimately his conviction that he could do no wrong nearly bankrupted the company through some big loss-making contracts he had signed up to; it got taken over with one big condition - that he left.

• Like 2

The strange thing about all this...when they were set to make an announcement about their plans for a new stadium at UWE, the rumour mill on here went into overdrive suggesting that this mysterious upcoming announcement could be about Rovers possibly going into administration.

Several years later, we've nearly gone full circle on this subject.

Sounds like desperation is setting in, Higgs 'bet the farm' in an attempt to make himself eternally popular amongst the majority of their support who only seem to want to get 'one up' on us.

So now it's a case of "**** it! Get anyone to pay for it, who cares if we have to hand over naming rights and pay rent? Get the Yanks in, get the Arabs in....anyone with a few quid even if it means asking ******* SHITHEADS!!!"

Don't think so somehow....

Tough!

Sag: Got any spare change for a new ground please you Sh**head ****?

Sheed: :laugh:. Umm...No.

The front page of the Bristol Post this morning is the gas note left in the Sainsbury's trolley.

The Bristol Post is just as much of an embarrassment to this city as the 15ers.

See, they ought to leave it alone. It might be construed as insitement ! For the majority of gappers without PCs/social media wouldn't they be saying "Great Ideal" ?

I just mentioned the name Nick Higgs in conversation to a sag the other day and they jumped straight down my throat. Typically touchy. It wasn't even in jest!

The problem with Sags is that they are like your kid brother....an absolute pain in the arse who wants everything that you have got and always feel hard done by. Then they kick off because their jealous rage takes over and then when daddy comes along to sort it out they exclaim that "they don't care" and "it was HIS fault not MINE".

Hopefully not too long now for social services to come along and have the little runny nosed ****er adopted!

• Like 1

I think they will.  Higgs is a certain type of businessman - an emotional one.  In smaller companies this level of self-belief and wanting things works brilliantly.  When it gets bigger and more complicated then rules are involved and just because your ego says you want something doesn't mean you're going to get it.  He'll be shouting and banging the table in his total conviction that he is right and deserves to win; the rest of the board will go along with it, the lawyers will encourage him because they'll get another big payday, and they will lose again.

I worked at one medium-sized company which had been built by the efforts of one man, yet ultimately his conviction that he could do no wrong nearly bankrupted the company through some big loss-making contracts he had signed up to; it got taken over with one big condition - that he left.

Now which recent BCFC manager does that remind us of? And which German Chancellor?

Edited by Aizoon

So they want us to have a whip around whilst in 1982 they tried to steal AG from under our noses. If they wanted to rely upon our generosity perhaps they should have reciprocated it. As it happens I consider myself a decent enough chap who supports a few causes... I wouldn't give them the steam from my ****

As for an appeal I personally wouldn't bet on it.

So they want us to have a whip around whilst in 1982 they tried to steal AG from under our noses. If they wanted to rely upon our generosity perhaps they should have reciprocated it. As it happens I consider myself a decent enough chap who supports a few causes... I wouldn't give them the steam from my ****

As for an appeal I personally wouldn't bet on it.

Why did the filter star out 'kettle'? :P

• Like 1

I don't think they will appeal it, it's all bluster from Higgs

First off they can't afford it

And second off you can only appeal how the judgement is made of there is a fall and we've all seen the document and she has given good reasons why she came up with that verdict

Sainsburys have contract law on their side while rovers hav "bad faith" which was proven that it wasn't the case,

Rovers beef seems to be the weak appeal for the delivery hours on the s.76 something rovers themselves had to sign off on to be submitted

They are banged to rights it's like a kid saying he hasn't eaten your chocolate while his chops are covered in the stuff

But it's typical rovers here shout about it enough and the fans believe it to be true while all the facts point the other way

• Like 1

Typical form from the squatters.

This from the family bunch who wanted us to die in 1982 so that they could have our ground. "Trashton" they call it.....Honestly, they look more and more stupid every day.

What time are the administrators due? I think I have had just about all the side splitting comedy I can take from this lot.....Like another poster once said....It's like kicking a dead dog.....It's just cringe worthy and embarrassing for Bristol. Would some creditor please put this terminally ill club out of it's misery?!!!

Wouldn't give them the use of a second hand bog roll yet alone a financial donation of any sorts, unfortunately some of our fans have short memories when it come the the antics of the so called family club, I remember 1982 very well, the way in which BRFC and their fan base conducted itself in aiding a fellow club survive going out of business.

Every time we get anything they whinge that anybody, everybody, even us shit heads should bend over backward to ensure they get it too, difference being they don't want to or can't pay for it, yet the minute it looks like we may get a bit of help they start polls/lobby's , write letters etc.

**** em, quicker they go bust the better.

• Like 10

Looks like we could be right...He has recovered from the decision and has had discussions with his legal team and appears to be of a mind to appeal the decision. He appears bullish in the clubs chances but all I will say is that if his legal team are so confident, perhaps they will mount a no win/no fee appeal. He did tell us that Sainsbury would not be able to give any evidence in any such appeal and there are two points of appeal and we only need to win one of those points to overturn the verdict in our favour. Perhaps, a fellow Gashead who was also present could confirm the finer details.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3600/higgs-on-points-west?page=6#ixzz3g3mr2EDp