IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin

My god there are some mindless comments on here. Just think back to the JPT at home to the gas. Quite Simply the best atmosphere I have even been in during a football match and I am an old git. Do we really want to see that rivalry die. Sainsbury have sh1t on rovers as they have shit on numerous others, how would you feel if the boot was on the other foot. All this guff of we hate the rovers, the gas took the piss in our hour of need is not better than play ground politics. It's about time we showed them some support. Long live the rivalry that I grew up with. You never know how much you miss things until it's gone, it's then too late.

I'm intrigued how you define "showing them support"? Should we shop only in Tesco?

The mess they are in now is down to their own mistakes, morally Sainsburys have wormed out of a contract, but it was widely recognised that they wanted out in 2013, for some reason Rovers were badly advised that their case was "watertight", but that is their problem !! Didn't see them trying to help us in the Ashton Vale fiasco, so feel no need to get involved in any way with this.

JPT was an ok atmosphere but not anywhere near the best !!

Shall we start a campain to get Hartlepool back as we had a brilliant atmosphere against them once in the past?

Being an "old git" I'm sure that you will clearly remember all the underhand tricks Rovers pulled back in 1982, that reason alone is why I am more than happy to see them disappear.

Personally, don't miss them or the rivalry. I expect we already have a whole generation of supporters that have not watched City have any rivalry with them

• Like 3

I've got a horrible feeling Hollowhead will be involved and we'll have to suffer the moronic ramblings of 'KIng Gashead' dominating the local media for decades to come. :shocking:

He was the guest on the Morning Breakfast show on talkSport today, what a shit way to start the day - radio went straight off

• Like 1