IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

The inside man alludes otherwise.....

With respect, he wouldn't know what I know.

Don't get me wrong they are in a very bad place financially and Higgs is being irresponsible, naive at best, but there is light at the end of the tunnel even if they lose in the court of appeal.

People predicting this is the beginning of the end for the sags will be disappointed I think...

Don't get me wrong they are in a very bad place financially and Higgs is being irresponsible, naive at best, but there is light at the end of the tunnel even if they lose in the court of appeal.

People predicting this is the beginning of the end for the sags will be disappointed I think...

There, I told you the Merchant Venturers would step in.

While you were right about most things kid didn't you say that rovers had a strong case and win? Is it the same person giving you info as that?

Light at the end of the tunnel? How so? Is someone else looking to step in?

While you were right about most things kid didn't you say that rovers had a strong case and win? Is it the same person giving you info as that?

He meets him in an underground car-park. The guy's codename is Deep Throat.

I cannot reveal who it is either, but all I know is he's tubby and often carries a bottle of Chianti about with him....

NOT what most wabt to hear !

I talk to many people...

I said that people working close to the case felt Rovers had a very good chance of winning, that Sainsbury's were trying to worm out of the contract (which they patently were)...

Even if Rovers lose their appeal I think they'll have "options" that will certainly ensure they won't go under.

My god there are some mindless comments on here. Just think back to the JPT at home to the gas. Quite Simply the best atmosphere I have even been in during a football match and I am an old git. Do we really want to see that rivalry die. Sainsbury have sh1t on rovers as they have shit on numerous others, how would you feel if the boot was on the other foot. All this guff of we hate the rovers, the gas took the piss in our hour of need is not better than play ground politics. It's about time we showed them some support. Long live the rivalry that I grew up with. You never know how much you miss things until it's gone, it's then too late.

My god there are some mindless comments on here. Just think back to the JPT at home to the gas. Quite Simply the best atmosphere I have even been in during a football match and I am an old git. Do we really want to see that rivalry die. Sainsbury have sh1t on rovers as they have shit on numerous others, how would you feel if the boot was on the other foot. All this guff of we hate the rovers, the gas took the piss in our hour of need is not better than play ground politics. It's about time we showed them some support. Long live the rivalry that I grew up with. You never know how much you miss things until it's gone, it's then too late.

**** 'em, it's a risk I'm willing to take.  Sorry.  Respect your opinion as well, just different to mine

• Like 2

I have also heard that this won't be the end of the Gas as other investors are interested in the club but seemingly not while Higgs is there. The UWE ground is his project and almost exclusively determines the value of the club. I wouldn't be surprised to see Higgs appeal as a make or break situation and if he loses hang up his boots so to speak and sell the club, if he wins then he will no doubt be heralded as a Gas hero along with the glorious likes of... erm .... umm well there must be someone!

• Like 1

I have also heard that this won't be the end of the Gas as other investors are interested in the club but seemingly not while Higgs is there. The UWE ground is his project and almost exclusively determines the value of the club. I wouldn't be surprised to see Higgs appeal as a make or break situation and if he loses hang up his boots so to speak and sell the club, if he wins then he will no doubt be heralded as a Gas hero along with the glorious likes of... erm .... umm well there must be someone!

What would we be looking at as a time frame for an appeal?

Any clue on the type of investor? Glorious benefactor (Lansdown), incompetent moderate wealth (Higgs II), or seems-to-be-great-but-is-dodgy-as-****?

How have Sainsburys shit on Rovers? Sainsburys were well within their rights to terminate the contract. Rovers signed the contract knowing the conditions. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I've read that it was Rovers who acted in bad faith and not Sainsburys.

I talk to many people...

I said that people working close to the case felt Rovers had a very good chance of winning, that Sainsbury's were trying to worm out of the contract (which they patently were)...

Even if Rovers lose their appeal I think they'll have "options" that will certainly ensure they won't go under.

Ahh so not cut and dry thanks for clearing that up
  • Like 1

How have Sainsburys shit on Rovers? Sainsburys were well within their rights to terminate the contract. Rovers signed the contract knowing the conditions. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I've read that it was Rovers who acted in bad faith and not Sainsburys.

This^^  Rovers signed a contract knowing that Sainsburys had included conditions giving themselves a way out, yet still decided to sign.  Whilst Sainsburys may not have acted morally right (in bad faith), they were legally right; as confirmed by the judge.  

Unfortunately for Rovers this is the business world and companies have no objection to reneging (legally or illegally) on deals.  Rovers wont be the first and they wont be the last to have their fingers burnt.  Welcome to the real world Rovers.  Shit happens.  Get over it and move on with Plan B....

• Like 1

So what you're saying is; the futures bright, the future is not orange Edited by Bristol Rob

but an appeal process could drag on for months and months couldn't it? And didn't taking their eye off the ball contribute to their relegation? Even Toni the till hadn't done a quick 'just in case' budget for that scenario - they were all working on UWE. Madness and not in the best interests of their football club imo.  SL could have gone on fighting the retards but he knew when to cut his loses and walk away.

Wasn't our appeal stuff going into the 6th month of waiting til we pulled the plug I can't remember