IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

The "funniest" thing about that photo was that it was taken on "Non-league Day"

"Non-League Day is a day set aside in English football where supporters of clubs playing at the highest levels of the game are encouraged to experience football at non-league level with which they may be unfamiliar." - says Wikipedia

Fair play to Rovers for taking "non league day" one step further, and making a whole season of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No. Planning consent expires in January 2018.

It was Wael who said it expired in August but he was wrong. Still, I'm sure he's got it all under control.  

There is an undefined date before Jan 2018 that's important. This date is when the building contractor is announced. To ensure the permission doesn't lapse, work must commence before it expires in January. A couple of men can't just turn up with shovels and dig a hole,  so Wael must appoint a contractor soon so that they can start work. The longer there is no announcement, the less likely work will start 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Dont they have to make a start by next month or something though?

To have any chance of starting in January they will need to have appointed a contractor by at least September for a project of that size. As far as anyone knows, the job hasn`t even gone out to tender yet. I doubt the project spec has even been written - let`s face it, Wally`s known for months it`s dead in the water so why go to the expense of the preparatory work.

As @pongo88 rightly says, the days when a couple of blokes could just rock up on site, dig a couple of holes, and bugger off for two years to keep the permission valid are long gone.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

There is an undefined date before Jan 2018 that's important. This date is when the building contractor is announced. To ensure the permission doesn't lapse, work must commence before it expires in January. A couple of men can't just turn up with shovels and dig a hole,  so Wael must appoint a contractor soon so that they can start work. The longer there is no announcement, the less likely work will start 

All true. And I said as much in my update a fortnight ago. Wael will have to come clean by Sept time as to whether it's a goer or not. My money still on the latter...

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Still in prison ??

Something to do with drugs I think?

Mind you, you would need to be on drugs to find hoofball (no horse jokes intended) entertaining at the Minimal Stadium I suppose?!

Edited by Cheesleysmate

14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

All true. And I said as much in my update a fortnight ago. Wael will have to come clean by Sept time as to whether it's a goer or not. My money still on the latter...

The other thing is we surely would have heard something from someone on here who works for/has contacts with any subbies that have been approached. Even if the job doesn`t go to tender (which I can`t believe for one minute) then the preferred contractor would have had to sound out any subcontractors he wanted to use for costings, availability etc.

There`s no way anything like that could possibly be kept secret with all the people that would have to be involved.

23 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The other thing is we surely would have heard something from someone on here who works for/has contacts with any subbies that have been approached. Even if the job doesn`t go to tender (which I can`t believe for one minute) then the preferred contractor would have had to sound out any subcontractors he wanted to use for costings, availability etc.

There`s no way anything like that could possibly be kept secret with all the people that would have to be involved.

What point to they have to get to by the deadline? I'm not in the construction / planning game so was wondering. Will ground clearance suffice or do they actually have to be above ground or something? 

Another question, I don't get the August 'deadline' when their PP runs out in January? Can anyone explain in layman's terms?

Edited by Ska Junkie

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You would of thought so, if it was going ahead anyway

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What point to they have to get to by the deadline? I'm not in the construction / planning game so was wondering. Will ground clearance suffice or do they actually have to be above ground or something? 

Another question, I don't get the August 'deadline' when their PP runs out in January? Can anyone explain in layman's terms?

I think that in the most simple terms possible and also without in depth knowledge myself, their planning permission expires in Feb 2018. The "August thing" is because there is something about having started within 6 months of planning expiring. 

Digging a few holes will no longer surfice. I believe you need to have put in the footings/foundations, to then be able to say you've "started". 

• Like 1

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

I think that in the most simple terms possible and also without in depth knowledge myself, their planning permission expires in Feb 2018. The "August thing" is because there is something about having started within 6 months of planning expiring. 

Digging a few holes will no longer surfice. I believe you need to have put in the footings/foundations, to then be able to say you've "started". 

which is why the august deadline is there I suppose, have the give the contractor the go ahead who in turn will give the subbies the go ahead,

Materials will have to be ordered, each will have a lead time with it 90 days for  red brick etc, these wouldn't be picked up "off the shelf" 

Take our redevelopment,  once the EE was knocked down, it seemed like an age before we started to see steel go up and the structure starting to take place (I think it was around 4 months) and then we still had to wait for materials to be delivered