IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

437 pages and counting,a massive thread about my club bristol rovers!

What a funny backhanded compliment that is,with no equivalent on the gaschat rovers forum and when i quickly looked on forums of other local rivals like liverpool/everton i simply couldnt find anything quite like this.

" only one team in bristol"   except we like to talk non stop everyday about bristol rovers and we read their forum and quote it word for word on here almost as if there were in fact 2 teams in bristol,weird!!

Some post about rovers virtually everyday on here it seems?

Maybe its the relegation haunted faces you clearly see on you city fans faces  as you prepare for yet another battle against the drop despite spending god only knows how much money on under performing players or perhaps its the spectre of bristol rovers amazing progress under darrell clarke that has brought this rovers obsessed forum to produce this strange thread?

Not sure,you tell me but its hilarious so please keep on posting and thanks for the interest in my wonderful club.

Dear oh dear gaslogic in abundance here.

If you could stop providing so many hilarious items of comedic value this thread would have less posters.

Tick tock as you say

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I never used to let their vans out in traffic!

You raise an interesting theory there mate. Would a City fan get their milk from Dunford`s Dairies and would a Rovers fans go to Hargreaves Lansdown for financial advice?

IIRC Arsenal fans boycotted Holsten for years and Spurs fans refused to buy anything made by JVC.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You raise an interesting theory there mate. Would a City fan get their milk from Dunford`s Dairies and would a Rovers fans go to Hargreaves Lansdown for financial advice?

IIRC Arsenal fans boycotted Holsten for years and Spurs fans refused to buy anything made by JVC.

I wasn't joking about never letting Hireite vans out in Traffic and I know plenty of Rovers fans who stopped drinking Blackthorn after they sponsored you.

I like to think I'm a little bit more sensible these days!

• Like 1

On 26/07/2017 at 19:08, Bar BS3 said:

Very odd. You'd think they'd all like to go and reminisce about the old days when they used to play in a (comparatively) half decent ground..! 

I wonder if in all seriousnes whether they actually miss the 'facilities' at Twerton. I know they had that bus shelter thing in the corner by the away terrace but no tents as far as I recall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I wasn't joking about never letting Hireite vans out in Traffic and I know plenty of Rovers fans who stopped drinking Blackthorn after they sponsored you.

I like to think I'm a little bit more sensible these days!

I suppose along the same lines, I started using Sainsbury's a lot more after they ****** you lot over.......

• Haha 5

Slightly off-topic but ever since Kraft owned Cadbury's (Fry's in our day) from that horrid takeover, I have done my best not to buy Cadbury's chocolate. Mind you Fry's had football pitches so thats back on topic! Trouble is my wife and son like Cadbury chocolate. A deal was made that they could buy Cadbury.

If I buy chocolate for the family, it's either Sainsbury's own brand or a Swiss manufacturer. 

My stance on this important matter certainly has rattled Kraft or whatever they're called now.......maybe!

• Like 1

I'm currently staying in a small village in North East Thailand, and bumped into a very serious looking policeman this morning. As foreigners are rarely seen here he asked where I was from. 

When I said Bristol, England he asked "Blistol Lover?" and didn't look at all happy. 

"No" I said, "Bristol City", to which his face lit up with a big smile, and shook my hand. 

It seems the pikeys reputation has travelled far and wide. 

• Haha 6

I'm currently staying in a small village in North East Thailand, and bumped into a very serious looking policeman this morning. As foreigners are rarely seen here he asked where I was from. 

When I said Bristol, England he asked "Blistol Lover?" and didn't look at all happy. 

"No" I said, "Bristol City", to which his face lit up with a big smile, and shook my hand. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Perhaps he's had a previous bad experience with a touring Boob Clicket team from the Blistol area?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Good Job I have Alzheimer's .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Slightly off-topic but ever since Kraft owned Cadbury's (Fry's in our day) from that horrid takeover, I have done my best not to buy Cadbury's chocolate. Mind you Fry's had football pitches so thats back on topic! Trouble is my wife and son like Cadbury chocolate. A deal was made that they could buy Cadbury.

If I buy chocolate for the family, it's either Sainsbury's own brand or a Swiss manufacturer. 

My stance on this important matter certainly has rattled Kraft or whatever they're called now.......maybe!

Have taken the same stance with regards to Cadbury/ Kraft and refuse to buy even though it causes much eye and slight head lifting from the rest of the family.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

When Unigate stopped delivering in our area, Dunfords took over the rounds. My mum cancelled the milk order instantly and it was a walk to the shops there after.

I once stopped at a petrol station for a pint of milk....they only had Dunfords on display so I asked if they had milk from any other supplier? 'No' came the reply so I said 'I'd rather have black tea' and walked out much to the bemusement of the girl behind the counter....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I once stopped at a petrol station for a pint of milk....they only had Dunfords on display so I asked if they had milk from any other supplier? 'No' came the reply so I said 'I'd rather have black tea' and walked out much to the bemusement of the girl behind the counter....

I've done exactly the same, they seem bemused.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Inherent racism at the Mem? 

https://thebristolcable.org/2017/07/rovers-against-racism-enough/

Probably applies to most clubs to be honest. Good read mind.

It is a good read, and I wonder if any clubs profile the race of Supporters.

As for Rovers, there is a thread on their forum discussing how they can help make games more diverse, and my immediate thought was 'that's positive' only for the 3rd comment to be 'We aren't racist'.

Now I'm sure the overwhelming majority of their supporters aren't racist but was it not the Blue Few who suffered national shame a few years ago for racially abusing an opposing Player?

Maybe if they got their own house in order they would see more diversity on the terracing, don't imagine national headlines saying that players have been abused helped.

Before one of the blue few kick off, I'm sure we have our own spanners as well.

19 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Inherent racism at the Mem? 

https://thebristolcable.org/2017/07/rovers-against-racism-enough/

Probably applies to most clubs to be honest. Good read mind.

Sorry, just pissed myself laughing at the first sentence..

"Bristol Rovers just had their most successful season for 17 years,"

10th.. in league 1, losing to another non league side in the fa cup.. tinpot..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Sorry, just pissed myself laughing at the first sentence..

"Bristol Rovers just had their most successful season for 17 years,"

10th.. in league 1, losing to another non league side in the fa cup.. tinpot..

Factual though. 

Not like them at all..! 

22 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't ever go in the Tobacco Factory, because George Ferguson is a ****. 

Does that count..?

Yup. Not been in there for years, since the ruining of North street was forecast by GF himself. East Street and West street seem to be on their knees, and no supermarket to blame, but, his places are doing ok.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 17:35, Bar BS3 said:

I don't ever go in the Tobacco Factory, because George Ferguson is a ****. 

Does that count..?

Nope. Me neither. Haven't been in there in over a decade. Georgie boy always gets a few choice words from me if I see him down North St.

Pulis was in town today and heard that his boys lost to the mighty Rovers. Any teds in the away end??? :thumbsup: